Boys are Confusing

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Re: Boys are Confusing

Post by SethisMine »

Ok, so random venting about guy probs....

So, I am in a swing dance club at school, and the guy who I'm assigned to dance with is giving of MAJOR signs that he likes me, like every spare minute we have, he tries to hug me, or he is constantly trying to play with my hair and compliment me.... The thing is, the feeling is not mutual. I mean he's nice... and we could be maybe friends. But nothing more. And I'm afraid if I tell him to back off a little, that he'll totally hate me, and I kind of need him to dance with, otherwise, I can't dance... So do I just ignore his 'hints' and hope he gives up, or do something else? I just don't want him to hate me....
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
StickStones&&Techno
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StickStones&&Techno »

bac wrote:Sorry techno. He was sure giving some mixed signals then. Bummer.

yup.

he said he likes me as a friend.
at least I didn't tell him I liked him.

all I did was ask him if he liked me; I hope he didn't read between the lines.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
StickStones&&Techno
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StickStones&&Techno »

SethisMine wrote:Ok, so random venting about guy probs....

So, I am in a swing dance club at school, and the guy who I'm assigned to dance with is giving of MAJOR signs that he likes me, like every spare minute we have, he tries to hug me, or he is constantly trying to play with my hair and compliment me.... The thing is, the feeling is not mutual. I mean he's nice... and we could be maybe friends. But nothing more. And I'm afraid if I tell him to back off a little, that he'll totally hate me, and I kind of need him to dance with, otherwise, I can't dance... So do I just ignore his 'hints' and hope he gives up, or do something else? I just don't want him to hate me....
just keep him as your partner and don't tell him you don't like him, but don't return the affection.aybe he'll get the hint? (:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I guess that you feel like Bella at the moment with her Jake problem... ;)
I'm trying to think of a way that would help you, but mostly boys are fairly quickly hurt over these kind of things..
but you have to remember, going to the dance doesn't mean you are have to be together...
just have fun... I guess you are still fairly young, so you have a long and happy date life ahead of you, don't get stuck on one boy...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

marielle wrote:

I'm trying to think of a way that would help you, but mostly boys are fairly quickly hurt over these kind of things..
but you have to remember, going to the dance doesn't mean you are have to be together...
just have fun... I guess you are still fairly young, so you have a long and happy date life ahead of you, don't get stuck on one boy...
Yeah... I kind of feel that way. And the dancing isn't like a prom dance... It's a club, where we are learning how to swing dance. You can't be in the club without a partner, and I don't want to go through the trouble of trying to find another guy who would actually want to do swing. I either have to figure out how to deal with my swing dance partner, or I might have to wait until next year to find a guy who isn't already taken....
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

SethisMine wrote:
marielle wrote:

Yeah... I kind of feel that way. And the dancing isn't like a prom dance... It's a club, where we are learning how to swing dance. You can't be in the club without a partner, and I don't want to go through the trouble of trying to find another guy who would actually want to do swing. I either have to figure out how to deal with my swing dance partner, or I might have to wait until next year to find a guy who isn't already taken....
ask the teacher to introduce partner switch... it normal in a official dance to have the man send each other away...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DoNotFeartheDark
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by DoNotFeartheDark »

Sometimes I just want to slap boys upside the head and scream, "DIE!!"

But ah, unfortunately, I can't do that. D:
This is gonna be off topic, I know. Sorry. I might sound a little angst-ridden.
For me, the thing is, nobody likes me at my school. But I mean less problems right? Well I would believe myself if I wasn't so damn sensitive. I keep thinking somethings wrong with me, cosmetically or emotionally, while my friends around me keep having admirers and boyfriends like potato chips! DX

I know people say that "I haven't found the right guy yet" but I don't think that's gonna happen to me. But now, I am realizing that without boys, my life definitely is easier and that maybe the main reason nobody likes me at my school is because of my style.
My school runs on hip hop, R&B, rap and all that crap and I HATE IT LIKE HELL. I hate that music, but I don't hate people who listen to it (respect everyone's opinion, right?) and I listen to Classic rock, screamo, emo, punk, rock, and alternitive. Bands like AFI, Tokio Hotel, Fall Out Boy, Metro Station, Rise Against, Aerosmith, Kiss, AC/DC, stuff like that (and then random Techno music at the end of the day). I shop at Hot Topic nonstop while others shop at Papaya, Aeropostal(or whatever) and stuff like that. Others hate me for that. So I don't fit in at all. If you count of the exceptions when then rush to me for homework help cause I'm in honors, or gush " I draw good" Or "Write really good" or even "I sing well". I like praise, but they don't really mean it.

It sucks. Badly. So whenever I talk about my bands or wear band T-shirts, they eye me scornfully and make fun of me. Then I say something sarcastic or scathing to piss them off. =) But seriously, will things change in high school? (sorry, EXTREMElY off topic, but it concerns boys too. I thought one liked me, cause he was staring at me all the time while I really liked him a lot. Then on the last day of school, I found out he had a girlfriend D:)
Monica Romela, the Spaz of the Mafia; The Cheerful Assassin
Image Banner courtesy of Cullen_Lover
Co-Founder of ALESW; Awesome League of Extroadinary Skit Writers. Yes, it's sparkly.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

DoNotFeartheDark wrote:Sometimes I just want to slap boys upside the head and scream, "DIE!!"

But ah, unfortunately, I can't do that. D:
This is gonna be off topic, I know. Sorry. I might sound a little angst-ridden.
For me, the thing is, nobody likes me at my school. But I mean less problems right? Well I would believe myself if I wasn't so damn sensitive. I keep thinking somethings wrong with me, cosmetically or emotionally, while my friends around me keep having admirers and boyfriends like potato chips! DX

I know people say that "I haven't found the right guy yet" but I don't think that's gonna happen to me. But now, I am realizing that without boys, my life definitely is easier and that maybe the main reason nobody likes me at my school is because of my style.
My school runs on hip hop, R&B, rap and all that crap and I HATE IT LIKE HELL. I hate that music, but I don't hate people who listen to it (respect everyone's opinion, right?) and I listen to Classic rock, screamo, emo, punk, rock, and alternitive. Bands like AFI, Tokio Hotel, Fall Out Boy, Metro Station, Rise Against, Aerosmith, Kiss, AC/DC, stuff like that (and then random Techno music at the end of the day). I shop at Hot Topic nonstop while others shop at Papaya, Aeropostal(or whatever) and stuff like that. Others hate me for that. So I don't fit in at all. If you count of the exceptions when then rush to me for homework help cause I'm in honors, or gush " I draw good" Or "Write really good" or even "I sing well". I like praise, but they don't really mean it.

It sucks. Badly. So whenever I talk about my bands or wear band T-shirts, they eye me scornfully and make fun of me. Then I say something sarcastic or scathing to piss them off. =) But seriously, will things change in high school? (sorry, EXTREMElY off topic, but it concerns boys too. I thought one liked me, cause he was staring at me all the time while I really liked him a lot. Then on the last day of school, I found out he had a girlfriend D:)
Same thing for me in school. I do my own thing. I'm in band (right away, it seems like that puts a target on your back.) But I've found some really good friends. There are nice people out there.

Like at my school, if you're in band you're a freak. Combine that with me listening to punk music, and people think I'm an emo. Which isn't true. I'm friends with the popular kids, but not really. The most popular girl in school is my best friend, which counts for something...but not really.

So I started feeling depressed and stuff because everyone hated me. But then I joined the "Music Honor Society" at school and I feel like I actually have friends again. They're all older than me, but they're extremely cool and we hang out all the time.

So it's possible to find friends, Monica. (Sorry, forget your name)

This has nothing to do with boys! Sorry!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
DoNotFeartheDark
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by DoNotFeartheDark »

Your right. Thanks! (It's Shelby; I don't think I ever mentioned it)

And Pshh being in band freaking rocks, dammit! I was in band too, but I quit because the teacher annoyed the crap out of me....-.- gotta work on that...

Sorry, off topic!
Monica Romela, the Spaz of the Mafia; The Cheerful Assassin
Image Banner courtesy of Cullen_Lover
Co-Founder of ALESW; Awesome League of Extroadinary Skit Writers. Yes, it's sparkly.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

having read the title of this thread, i only have one thing to say:
AAAAAAAMEN!
gahh, i hate boys sometimes
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~