Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

readmymind wrote:The child question is one of my biggest when it comes to her. Like, can she not have children period after she's fully grown? Maybe she just won't be able to have one with Jacob or any other werewolf? And if Jacob and Nessie do have a kid, wth is it?
Well, I would say that she can have kids. Because as far as SM has explained to us, the purpose of imprinting is to find someone who will best pass on the wolf gene.

I'm curious though, why do you think it has anything to do with Jacob being a werewolf?? I didn't read BD very thoroughly, so I may have missed something!!

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
readmymind wrote:The child question is one of my biggest when it comes to her. Like, can she not have children period after she's fully grown? Maybe she just won't be able to have one with Jacob or any other werewolf? And if Jacob and Nessie do have a kid, wth is it?
Well, I would say that she can have kids. Because as far as SM has explained to us, the purpose of imprinting is to find someone who will best pass on the wolf gene.

I'm curious though, why do you think it has anything to do with Jacob being a werewolf?? I didn't read BD very thoroughly, so I may have missed something!!
I haven't read it in a while, so I might be wrong, but I think I remember something about how werewolves and full vampires can't do anything romantic, because it could kill one of them. Though that's probably not the case when it comes to Nessie.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Hmm. I don't remember that, but that's not entirely surprising if it was in Breaking Dawn.

I don't think that would apply to Nessie, since she's half human too. I would also assume that since as far as we know, all her body systems work the same way as a human (i.e. her circulatory system, respiratory system, digestive system) we can assume her reproductive system does as well.

That's just my logic though, it might not make sense to anyone else.

ETA: She also bit Jacob in BD didn't she? Wouldn't that imply that she wasn't venomous to him? Again, this is just how my brain's working.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Point of clarification: only male half-breed vampires are venomous, we find this out at the end of Breaking Dawn when Alice arrives. The females are not venomous.
readmymind wrote:I haven't read it in a while, so I might be wrong, but I think I remember something about how werewolves and full vampires can't do anything romantic, because it could kill one of them.
My understanding in why full vampires and werewolves (or at least shape-shifters since we are referring to Jacob and at the end of Breaking Dawn it is confirmed that they are not "children of the moon" but more aptly named shape-shifters) is that they smell so horribly to each other, they would not want to be intimate with someone who repulsed them so much. Plus the history that Jacob's pack has with vampires also would prejudice them against vampires (full vampires) as well. Look at how tenuous the treaty is between them, the relations between them, even when Carlisle is trying to help Jacob.

When Jacob first lays eyes on Renesemee, he imprints, we never hear once she was born, that she smelled bad to him. Therefore that might explain part of the attraction, plus, I agree, Renesmee is half-human, her heart beats, she grows which leads me to believe that her reproductive system should work as well. Therefore she should be able to carry children if she chooses once she is older. Considering that Jacob is an Alpha wolf he would (well the werewolf in him) would look to find a strong mate able to breed more alpha or at least strong werewolves. Renesemee is an excellent choice, she is half-vampire so she is human but with some of the advantages of a vampire, making her a perfect mate to a werewolf alpha.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

I can't quote it because I don't have my book with me; in Breaking Dawn Bella said vampire venom was deadly to the wolves. If a wolf was bitten by a vampire they would die.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

una wrote:Point of clarification: only male half-breed vampires are venomous, we find this out at the end of Breaking Dawn when Alice arrives. The females are not venomous.
Actually Nahuel said he wasn't sure if it was at random or if it was depending on gender... it just so happened that his sisters were not venomous and he was :)

Was that ever hard fact that a vampire bite led to death for a shape-shifter? I thought that's what was assumed but it was no case where that happened. I thought Bella said that it was believed to be fatal. I don't know if it's in Eclipse or Breaking Dawn though.
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Hmm. I don't remember that, but that's not entirely surprising if it was in Breaking Dawn.

I don't think that would apply to Nessie, since she's half human too. I would also assume that since as far as we know, all her body systems work the same way as a human (i.e. her circulatory system, respiratory system, digestive system) we can assume her reproductive system does as well.

That's just my logic though, it might not make sense to anyone else.

ETA: She also bit Jacob in BD didn't she? Wouldn't that imply that she wasn't venomous to him? Again, this is just how my brain's working.
Makes sense to me.
suzzeeQ wrote:I can't quote it because I don't have my book with me; in Breaking Dawn Bella said vampire venom was deadly to the wolves. If a wolf was bitten by a vampire they would die.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking of.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

If it were random, whether a half-breed was venomous or not, it appears to me with Renesmee not being venomous it supports the theory that males are venomous and females are not. We know Renesmee is not venomous because she does bite Jacob (it seems frequently since he tastes the best to her) and he is unaffected by the bites.

I do recall that vampire venom is toxic to werewolves, but I thought it was in large doses. Maybe that is not the case, maybe even a small amount (which is all that is required to trigger a change) is enough to kill a werewolf. This supports the theory of why werewolves hunt in packs and not individually. It could be because since a werewolf is already genetically altered, it cannot support the change the venom would case and that is why it is fatal to werewolves. Thanks for the reminder.

But still, getting back to the original point (and character of this thread), I feel that Renesmee can have children and it is why she and Jacob imprint. With her body more like a human with a beating heart, breathing required, her ability to eat real food if she chooses, etc leads me to believe that the rest of her body would function, albeit maybe a little different from a regular human, but still function.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, if Renesmee exhibits changes after her 7th birthday(hair/nail growth, cell growth/regeneration and her periods continue, if they even happen at all to begin with), she'll probably be able to have a child if she wants to. But we have no definite answers, and it's all up for debate because Stephenie doesn't go into much detail about Nessie and her future. However, this was likely left open so Stephenie can go back to writing about the Twilight Saga if she wants to, and perhaps that's why it's taking so long for her to publish the Offical guide-trying to see whether or not to give away Nessie's future?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
una

Post by una »

Out of curiosity, I went through and reread some of the transcripts from the Q&A sessions after Breaking Dawn's release. It seems that SM did mention if she came back to the Twilight world she might do a POV story from either Renesmee or Leah. I find that really interesting.

It supports your idea Chernaudi that the delay in the book is due to how much to give away about Renesmee and/or Leah's future.