Alphie wrote:Thanks go to Cullengirl for her help with these questions.
1. Why do think the Volutri have been in power for so many years? What makes them so powerful? Why hasn’t any other vampire coven challenged the Volturi thus far? Why now?
I think the Voluturi have existed as long as they have due to the people they've added to their guard. But I don't believe any other coven has challenged them because there hasn't been a "vegetarian" coven/family as big as Carlisle's. BD talks a lot about the familial ties that the Cullens have are due to their lifestyle. Tanya's group and Carlisle are the only ones referenced in the saga, it made me think this was very unusual. So, that keeps the Volturi from having a formidable opponent.
2. If you were part of a vampire coven that Carlisle has called upon for help, would you join the Cullens? Why or why not?
I would like to think I would stand behind Carlisle. I guess it would depend on the lifestyle you have, if you have a mate, any past experiences with the Voluturi, etc. I like to think that even as a vampire, justice does continue to have a role.
3. Amun and Carlisle have both created vampires. What makes these two characters different?
Amun seemed to create Benjamin for his own gain, whereas Carlisle did so to help the individuals from dying and to create a family. Its a subtle difference, Carlisle wanted Edward to be a companion, so that is a gain of sorts. But not one for power or domination, which is what I get from Amun.
4. Why does Edward downplay the seriousness of being a war with the Volturi?
I didn't feel like Edward downplayed it at all. I think his focus was that when you live millenia, a lot of time can pass. They were trying to maintain a position that they were not challenging the Volturi, but expose their agenda.
5. Were you surprised on how Renesmee’s and Bella’s interact with another? Why or why not?
I was not surprised by this at all....I expected an extraordinary connection.
6. Do you think Bella and Charlie’s relationship has changed? Why or why not?
Certainly, although probably not as much as other father/daughters. Its not like either of them were an open book and now they're not.
7. Do you believe Siobhan can visualize the future she wants as Carlisle believes?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests