Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think Aro would kill anyone who gets too powerful for him to control. I don't think Bella or Edward or Nessie would ever willingly submit to him, so while they have gifts he would love to study, I think he'd be forced to kill them.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:I think Aro would kill anyone who gets too powerful for him to control. I don't think Bella or Edward or Nessie would ever willingly submit to him, so while they have gifts he would love to study, I think he'd be forced to kill them.
You're probably right.. I have a silly tendency to believe everyone's merciful lol

I have another question since I haven't been able to read thread #1 and I'm not close to reading the entire Thread #2... I'm sure it has been discussed but I just wanna check if I got it right by myself from reading the book: she gives whoever she touches the ability to read into her mind? I mean it couldn't be an active/aggresive power that forces things into people's minds or it wouldn't have worked on Bella.
I imagined it as a passive power, some sort of a welcoming or an invitation rather than an imposition. Edward's power in reverse because she doesn't read minds but allows minds to read hers. And Bella's power in reverse because she doesn't shield her mind from others but un-shields it to others?
She inherited her parents abilities and 'flipped them over' ... if that's the case, Stephenie Meyer IS a genious :shock: (just had an epiphany) lol!!
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

I think you're right, although I wouldn't throw out the idea of her being able to force people to look into her mind, just because it worked on Bella. Nessie is the anti-shield, remember?

paula_bnsnt

Post by paula_bnsnt »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:Nessie is the anti-shield, remember?
:shock: anti-shield? not really, sorry! Would it be too annoying to explain????
Hit me like a ray of sun

Team Volturi - Beatrix
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Haha of course not, but you said it yourself! She's the un-shield. She gets through people's shields.

paula_bnsnt

Post by paula_bnsnt »

(You should see the Homer Simpson expression on my face right now)

I meant un-shield as something she does with her own mind, not as something she does outside herself. Like opening it up to others. Like anyone who shakes hands with Aro. Her ability is to give others her dad's ability but just to see into her mind and as long as there's skin contact. It's no mind trick, it's for real, that's why Bella gets to see too, shield "on" and everything.
Hit me like a ray of sun

Team Volturi - Beatrix
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Hmm. Is that for sure, or is that your understanding? Don't get me wrong, it makes perfect sense, but I always thought that Nessie was the opposite of Bella in that Bella keeps everyone out and no one can keep Nessie out, including Bella.

Tia
Settled in Forks

Post by Tia »

Hello everyone
I have my thoughts on this. They said Edwards power is mental and extracts what others are thinking, and Renesmee is physically (touching) inserting her thoughts . At least that was my understanding.
Well that wasn't exactly the reaction I'd been going for, 123 p. of SM's Partial Draft.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Nessie's power is mental, just like Aro's, but they need physical touch... but it's STILL mental. Aro touches and gets past memories, nessie touches and GIVES past memories.

On top of that Nessie can give memories through any shield, the opposite of her mother who can block any shield. That is a THEORY though since the only shield it's been test upon is Bella's, which whom she's already blood related with.
Tia
Settled in Forks

Post by Tia »

Thank you so much for that correction regarding Renesmee, Amanda Beth.
My thoughts did seem off and I had to see if it would be further explained here.
Take care, Tia
Well that wasn't exactly the reaction I'd been going for, 123 p. of SM's Partial Draft.