Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Oh my goodness! This is the 12th Thread for rob??? Ha thats hilarious. I just love his hair. Makes him seem more wild and untamed .. like a vampire- I remember seeing him for the first time and knowing he was gonna be Edward, and I wasn't too happy, but he's growing on me! lol
jaimetristan
Learning to Love Green

Post by jaimetristan »

Hey everyone!!

anybody see the pics from the vanity fair shoot!! omg they are beautiful!!

9 days!!
Jaime..
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Are any of the pics online do you know?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
jaimetristan
Learning to Love Green

Post by jaimetristan »

yeah they are if you go to vanity fair.com they are there....and there are diffrent ones in the magizine then online too......they are amazing!! god....

as soon as i get a sec i will put the ones i have on here!!!
Jaime..
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

You guys should come over to Rob's Halfway House thread. We post all of the pictures over there.
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*comes walking in from the Halfway House preparing for 'PG' mode*

Why did I have to pick such a difficult question? *sigh* Right, because I was trying to help the thread stay on topic for a while and that was the first thing that popped in my head. *Note to self, don't come here right after serious, deep discussions on the Team Edward thread.*

I wrote:What was your favorite part of Rob's acting in Twilight and least favorite?
My favorite part would have to be...besides the line where he says "the window" and what happens afterwards...erm...in the scene at the Police Station after Port Angeles. Its obvious howthe emotions play out across Rob's face and you can just tell - even without knowing about vampires/what's to come/ect that something bad has happened and that he can't really tell Bella yet he is a little scared about her possibly being the next victim. Also, you can see that Carlisle and Edward are having one of their silent conversations - and Rob also plays very well off of Peter in this scene as well as Kristen. Its a very short part of the movie and isn't even in the book, but I like it nontheless.

My least favorite would have to be the meadow scene. But, that is basically because of the Terrible Duo *cough CH & MR cough* and there "this movie is sooooo much like the book, the meadow scene is perfect" denial. It almost seems to me as if there was really nothing for him to play off of, like there were just a few words on a page that he was reading and there was nothing to connect with there. I think he did do his best with what he was given when trying to make Bella understand that he really was a monster and she should stay away from him, but still. It wasn't the best thing ever.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, I was perusing SM's website this afternoon and, totally forgetting that she was posting the answers to some questions originating with the Oprah interview, found myself perusing her words....

I came upon this bit of praise for our one and only RTP...

What do you think about the casting of Robert Pattinson as Edward, i.e. does he look like you expected Edward to look like and does he portray the right emotions? - Carly, Captain of Official Team Edward

Initially—as in when Gillian (the producer) called me and said, "So, we're going to cast this guy, Robert Pattison. Go google him and see what you think!"—my opinion was that Rob would do a good version of Edward physically. Not the Edward I see in my head, of course, but a good and interesting portrayal. There's something otherworldly about his face, I thought as I watched him in Harry Potter and checked out the pictures on line. If vampires really existed, that's the kind of face you might wonder about, right? So I was happy with Catherine Hardwicke's choice, because it's not like we were going to find someone who looked like the person in my brain.

I continued in this same opinion for a while. I met with Rob a few times and was impressed by the amount of thought that he was putting into the character (though we still don't entirely agree on who's got Edward's emotional state right—Rob contends Edward is more depressed than I think he is) and I was excited to see what his version of Edward would be like. Cut to a few weeks later, when I headed up to Portland to watch the filming. And then Catherine said action, and Rob shifted into character and my jaw dropped open.

Suffice it to say, he really nailed it. He's not playing a version of Edward, he's playing Edward. There is still quite a difference between Rob's Edward and the Edward in my head, but there are moments when they look eerily similar. I'm still not sure how he does it, but I'm glad he can. As for emotions, I think he does a great job.

Of course, a lot of the credit for this goes to Kristen as well. She contributes the other half of that Bella-Edward vibe so amazingly well. I've been on set through three movies now, and I still thank my lucky stars every day that she signed on to this franchise.

Truer words were never spoken...Rob is Edward. He owns this role. I cannot imagine ANYONE else as being able to play my lovely and wonderful Edward. Thank you Stephenie! It almost makes up for saying there's no way you could date him. :lol:

So, I guess, now that we've all seen New Moon, we can expand MiniMe's previous question.

What was your favorite RobWard moment in NewMoon?

For me, there are two very different moments for VERY different reasons.
2)It was so so so wonderful to see happy and in-love Edward at the beginning. I always see Edward in my head, when freed from all the angst and worry and pressure, as actually quite the snark and turner of phrase. So, when he says to Bella, "you can't trust a vampire...Trust me..." I absolutely explode laughing. Rob's timing is perfect and the look on his face, priceless. And, when he is holding Bella and says, "It's my job to protect you....from everyone...EXCEPT my sister," with that little glint in his eye and crooked grin...Ach!!! Again with the all out giggles.

1) But, if I have to pick one scene where Rob completely consumes Edward, inhabits him and burns any other possibility away for me, it is Brazil. That moment, those 6 seconds of footage which contain absolutely no dialogue but every ounce of emotion strangled within Edward's body screaming desperately for somewhere to go, THAT is it. In that brief glimpse of the entirety and completeness of Edward's pain and loss and guilt and anguish and utter desolation, we see a 109 year old indestructible immortal brought to his knees by a frail human girl. Utter painful unbearable perfection.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Sooo People.com just posted a story that Kristen and Rob were seen making out... no pictures, but people "saw" it. Why would they make out OUTSIDE if they want to be kept a secret? Isn't there any other news going on in Hollywood?
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Amanda Beth wrote:Sooo People.com just posted a story that Kristen and Rob were seen making out... no pictures, but people "saw" it. Why would they make out OUTSIDE if they want to be kept a secret? Isn't there any other news going on in Hollywood?
Haha! Here is the story: http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 39,00.html

I wanna see some pics! 8-) And I want them to tell us the truth finally! :-P
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

^ I don' think they would do that. If they want to keep the status of their relationship a secret, they wouldn't kiss in public.
And I understand their need for privacy in this matter. The way it is now, they can't even go out for dinner without having a whole crowd folling them. It must be exhausting for them.

What was your favorite RobWard moment in NewMoon?
JazzGirl wrote:2)It was so so so wonderful to see happy and in-love Edward at the beginning. I always see Edward in my head, when freed from all the angst and worry and pressure, as actually quite the snark and turner of phrase. So, when he says to Bella, "you can't trust a vampire...Trust me..." I absolutely explode laughing. Rob's timing is perfect and the look on his face, priceless. And, when he is holding Bella and says, "It's my job to protect you....from everyone...EXCEPT my sister," with that little glint in his eye and crooked grin...Ach!!! Again with the all out giggles.

Caryn, I love these too. He seemed carefree and funny, and it just made me happy.

I also agree with you about Brazil. It was perfect. It showed without words the total loss he felt, when his entire world crashed and the one thing he couldn't live through, happened. It makes us totally understand why he did what he did.

I think my favorite moment is when Bella crashes into him in Volterra and he takes her in his arms and says "Heaven", and the whole following reuinion. I also love Robward in the break up scene, when he lies straight to her face and you can see that it is killing him, but he still does it to save her. Both these scenes were beautiful and very emotional for the viewer.

And Rob really was Edward in this movie for me, even more so than in Twilight where he was victim to some bad script and directing at times, and he had to deliever lines that I'm sure made him cringe. None of that in New Moon. Just perfect acting, IMO.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~