Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Lines and scenes that you want in Eclipse

Post by gamb1t »

Eclipse was by far my favorite book in the saga, so I'm not going to start saying quotes....I will say I want the quote from my sig in though
ImageImageImageImage
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

ok after seeing new moon,..... we really really need to see Bella's horrorfied reaction to the wedding idea...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

marielle wrote:ok after seeing new moon,..... we really really need to see Bella's horrorfied reaction to the wedding idea...
Agreed, but I think it's going to be important for Bella and Edward to have the talk about why she doesn't want to get married. Otherwise she just seems like someone who really isn't sure about Edward.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

gamb1t wrote:Eclipse was by far my favorite book in the saga, so I'm not going to start saying quotes....I will say I want the quote from my sig in though
Agreed. Eclipse isn't my favorite book, but I think it's the one with the best quotes. They're so many good ones to choose from! And also, I love your sig. (:

I agree about the marriage thing. Unless Bella's going to be out of character and say yes right away or something, they need to have that whole discussion why she's against it. And they need to show Edward's POV on the subject too.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

I don't see anyway around not having the marriage talk in Eclipse, especially after the cliffhanger from New Moon. Everyone who has read the books will know what happens, but Eclipse the movie will have to explain all of the marriage stuff unless they plan on making it out to show that Bella wants to become a vampire at any cost. But if they do that, I feel they lose a lot of the Eclipse story line (because then all the things that happen with Jake aren't really relevant because those are the moments where Bella chooses between Life=Jake and Death=Edward imo...at least thats what I felt it was always hinting at). Nevertheless, I'm really excited for Eclipse because we were shown in New Moon that these movies could be amazing, and stay very true to the books.
ImageImageImageImage
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

^^ I agree. I also hope that David Slade doesn't get caught up in the action part of Eclipse and forget to expand on the emotional relationships between Bella and Edward and Bella and Jake. And there were justs ome great parts in Eclipse that don't seem like big momnets but they cement certain parts of the story...make it a little lighter or shine the light on why someone chooses something. I hope those moments don't get skipped over....I hoep it's not all just a build up to the fight with Victoria...

Thank you Naureen!!
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

Hmm, lets see: the proposal, both kidnappings, graduation, the tent conversation, Bella punches Jake, and Charlies place afterward. I think thats it for now. I'm gonna try and not be too greedy about it....lol ;) :lol:. Plus thats all I could think of :).
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
edwardsluv
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardsluv »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
gamb1t wrote:Eclipse was by far my favorite book in the saga, so I'm not going to start saying quotes....I will say I want the quote from my sig in though
Agreed. Eclipse isn't my favorite book, but I think it's the one with the best quotes. They're so many good ones to choose from! And also, I love your sig. (:

I agree about the marriage thing. Unless Bella's going to be out of character and say yes right away or something, they need to have that whole discussion why she's against it. And they need to show Edward's POV on the subject too.
First I believe that Edward really did want to marry her, because he loved her. But, the big reason why he asked her, was to delay her being changed. She was bent on that and he was coming up with everything that he could to try to discourage her.

I want the bedroom scenes with Edward and Bella :D

I want the scene where Bella takes off the bracelet that Jacob gave her and Edward stops her telling her that it means too much to her and puts it back on her. That is a small scene but it is powerful and shows that ultimately Edward considers her feelings first.

I want the scene where Edward asks her if she is sure that she has made the right decision and she convinces him that she has. That's an important scene that shows that Edward again is thinking of her first and there love for each other is shown. That's one of the big complaints is that the movies haven't established the love between Edward and Bella.

I want the proposla scene where Edward gives her his mothers ring.

I want the scene where Jacob forces the kiss on her in the angry assaultive way that it was in the book and she, subsequently, hits him. He's angry and looses control here. I think that could be a really powerful scene. But, it may be too controversial to be put in the movie.

I want the scene in the meadow where Edward is making out with Bella :D

We must have the,"Bella, quit unbuttoning your shirt" scene. :lol: That could be a riot if done right.

As you can see all mine are Edward and Bella. But I have no faith that any of these will be in the movie. I don't think that we're going to get many Edward and Bella scenes in Eclipse. MR doesn't seem to like Edward and Bella.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

just finished the book

this I would love love love to hear Rob say
(it's the meadow scene at the end)
"Why? edit, "I love you you, I want you, right now"
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

edwardsluv wrote:As you can see all mine are Edward and Bella. But I have no faith that any of these will be in the movie. I don't think that we're going to get many Edward and Bella scenes in Eclipse. MR doesn't seem to like Edward and Bella.

I really hope that you're wrong. The only scenes I really like in Eclipse are when Bella and Edward are together (I just can't stand Jacob through most of Eclipse.)The story is Edward & Bella's romance, their LOVE STORY. I like you am kind of scared that that could be lost. (Mainly because they did a better job of establishing Bella & Jacobs relationship in NM, than they did Bella & Edward in Twilight.) And becauseof them wanting to amp up the action w/the newborn fight.

I really want the two bedroom scenes.Especially the proposal and Bella finally accepts.

I know that Rosalie & Jasper's backstories will be included (from pics I've seen & interviews I've read from JR & NR.) So that will be cool to see, especially since they didn't have Alice's in Twilight or really Carlisle's either.

Two scenes I REALLY hope they keep in are two of my favorite Alice moments from the whole saga: first when she tries to convince Bella to let her plan their wedding & then when Bella tells her that she can plan it & Alice already has a dress for her. They are two of the best Alice moments!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson