Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: New moon merchandise

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Well, it does indicates it was from his human life given the 'M' on it. There are two explainations IMO - one is that there is a flashback in this movie either early on or later on when we see him (which I highly doubt) and he's wearing it, or it's part the dream sequence where Edward and Bella are dressed from the 1900's. Or it's just a money grab from NECA to make money because it looks like a one-size-is-going-to-have-to-fit-all kinda thing.

virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

wow, good idea on the dream sequence! i did not even think about that one! but the headline says "Prop Replica" so it must be somewhere in the movie..
speaking of the dream sequence, i found this on Etsy. I thought it was beautiful. There is a lot of good twilight merch on Etsy, there is a lot of hogwash as well of course.. but for those willing to go through a couple of pages you can find some really beautiful handmade stuff! (i found a necklace inspired by the necklace Aro gave Bella as a wedding gift and it was exactly what i had pictured in my head! it was amazing.. i will try to find it again.. i kind of regret not buying it :P )
Last edited by virre on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WolfGirl22
Settled in Forks

Post by WolfGirl22 »

ive been wanting to get one of these: http://fierceandfrum.blogspot.com/2009/ ... jacob.html
Does anyone kno if u can buy them anywhere besides thru the link they give?
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

you can find them both on ebay, just search for "new moon water bottle" ;)
WolfGirl22
Settled in Forks

Post by WolfGirl22 »

not a bad idea but i was hoping there was a physical place to buy them. i think they're only available online. wanted to get a one both as a sort of "best friends" gift for me and a friend and her birthday's right around the corner. oh well!
Does anyone already have one? or both? so i can see pix? :D :D
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

So I got a cup with my snack from the movie tonight. It was supposed to be free with a coupon that had been emailed to me because I'm a Scene member. Apparently they were all out of the free regular sized cup, so I got a large one fore 45 cents. It looks pretty.
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

hm... I have only seen the movie once, and it was hard to focus on the jewlery :P but i did not notis any of the neca products that i have posted (even though they are supposed to be "prop replicas"). Did any of you guys notis the bella ring or the edward pre vampire ring?

since the Quileute things werent listed as "prop replicas" i did not expect to see them, and i did not either :P (i still think they are pretty though)

I did however see the bella wrist cuff. (but dident she have a different one in twilight??)
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

wooops, double post

but i found the Volturi Crest Necklace what do you think? i think it looked kind of cheap.. :|
weaz3l
Settled in Forks

Post by weaz3l »

virre wrote:Did any of you guys notis the bella ring or the edward pre vampire ring?

I was wondering about the Bella Cullen Crest ring too. The best I could assume is that maybe she is wearing it either in the very beginning in the mirror scene or during the frolicking scene in Alice's vision. Without giving away too many spoilers, if you've seen the movie you can guess which scenes I am talking about. I've only seen the movie once as well so I wasn't thinking to look so I am not sure but I know they obviously didn't make a production about giving her one. Maybe there is a deleted scene? Because it sure says official prop replica so it has to be somewhere in the movie unlike some of the other jewelry that doesn't say prop replica unless they just fooled us all.
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I bought the movie companion and it's really amazing! It has beautiful full-page photos and a lot of details about the filming process. It doesn't have a lot of the interviews with the cast, but there are some funny captions above some of the pictures. This book is really meant for those film buffs who want to know everything about cameras, setting, script and other movie orientated details!