Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Asheleyo »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:
amethyst wrote: And I REALLY don't understand what's so funny about Alice's vision. I thought it was beautiful and Rob was JUST Edward. I was so freaked out. And Kristen looked beautiful. Though I do agree when others have said that the vision should've just been Bella sparkling because Edward and Bella running (although an amazing scene) didn't really quite fit with the current scene. It felt out of place.

I kinda forgot about that part. I thought it was strange too... but then I thought about it.

Do you remember when Alice said "Believe it or not you can lie with your thoughts?"... well, I always kind of suspected that Alice lied about seeing Bella like them in Volterra, and this vision kind of made that more obvious to me. This vision seemed like something Alice would imagine for Bella and Edward, which is why it seemed so odd I think. For one, Bella was in a dress... :lol:
Honestly, it made me think of the first run that Bella and Edward have when she's turned. It's not the dress that Alice puts her in, but it makes me think "Alice dressed her." All too true for what happens, considering Bella wonders what Alice was thinking putting her in such a dress and heels. It was a dumbed down version of that, in my opinion, so it didn't bother me at all.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

So as a person who was on this board for months ranting about how much I HATED Twilight, I'm glad to be here now loving New Moon.
Twilight for me did not capture the Bella and Edward chemistry and I saw that some people don't understand why this is. For me, the movie was rushed. There wasn't anything cute and there wasn't a moment (like the meadow scene) where I could say "Thats where they fell in love." It seemed too much like they meet, they obsess, they love, there's a tragedy, it's fixed, the end.

New Moon on the other hand was exactly what I could have hoped it would be. I think it helped the movie that they took away a lot of Bella's depression. She wasn't avoiding every thought of them like she does in the book since she was writing to Alice in order to portray how she was doing. They didn't emphasize that Bella is broken and they didn't have her holding her arm across her chest as much to hold herself together.
Since they kept her thoughts by the emails to Alice there is one thing I would have liked to hear. After Bella goes to La Push to figure out what is up with Jake and he "breaks up" with her, she thinks in the book. "It\'s not as bad. But bad enough." or something like that. I think that would have helped with the movie for the audience to understand just how much she relied on Jacob and just how much that crushed her
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I agree, I missed that too. When she was in pain because Jake wasn't her friend anymore.

I also wish in the scene where Bella and Jacob was in the car when she said, "You're just warn, like the sun." I wish she added "My personal sun." But I guess that's pretty minor.

Also wished they skipped the preface of the book (they pretty much showed the ending of the movie showing her run in Voltera) and added the Valentine's day scene with Jacob. When he gave her conversational hearts.

Otherwise, (aside from the cheesy Alice vision) I thought it was pretty close to the book.

I hope they show Jake give Bella the bracelet in the grad party in Eclipse... that's a MUST!!!
Aus_Twilight_Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Aus_Twilight_Fan »

Asheleyo wrote:
Heart_in_Hand wrote:
amethyst wrote: And I REALLY don't understand what's so funny about Alice's vision. I thought it was beautiful and Rob was JUST Edward. I was so freaked out. And Kristen looked beautiful. Though I do agree when others have said that the vision should've just been Bella sparkling because Edward and Bella running (although an amazing scene) didn't really quite fit with the current scene. It felt out of place.

I kinda forgot about that part. I thought it was strange too... but then I thought about it.

Do you remember when Alice said "Believe it or not you can lie with your thoughts?"... well, I always kind of suspected that Alice lied about seeing Bella like them in Volterra, and this vision kind of made that more obvious to me. This vision seemed like something Alice would imagine for Bella and Edward, which is why it seemed so odd I think. For one, Bella was in a dress... :lol:
Honestly, it made me think of the first run that Bella and Edward have when she's turned. It's not the dress that Alice puts her in, but it makes me think "Alice dressed her." All too true for what happens, considering Bella wonders what Alice was thinking putting her in such a dress and heels. It was a dumbed down version of that, in my opinion, so it didn't bother me at all.
i didn't bother me at all either.
Signature made by me. Avatar by AngelAtTwilight
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I read everywhere that a lot of people think there wasn't much chemistry between Rob and Kris ( or Edward and Bella from what point you look at it) and that the chemistry between taylor and kris ( again Jake and Bella) was huge....

I have to disagree at some point....
first - the chemistry between Jake and Bella is more because 70 % of the movie they are in it together...

second - the first school scene in the parking lot shows a lot of love between Bella and Edward..the chemistry is certainly there even more then in Twilight...

and last, I do think it was more easy for Kris to show the chemistry she has with Taylor then with Rob....
the whole are they or are they not dating must have some influence on the freedom they need to act...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I definitely agree that Kristen and Robert had a great chemistry in this movie. I don't know why people are so critical about these movies, I think they all should chill a bit. It's just a book adaptation after all, they can't all be satisfied all the time! I personally think that the director did an awesome job, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to buy the DVD when it comes out! The book itself doesn't have much plot to begin with, so these movies were pretty tricky to adapt as script.

I hate it when ultra crazy fans whine about Edward's lack of abs or Bella's blinking.....or something else completely stupid and unimportant!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

tinuviel2006 wrote:I definitely agree that Kristen and Robert had a great chemistry in this movie. I don't know why people are so critical about these movies, I think they all should chill a bit. It's just a book adaptation after all, they can't all be satisfied all the time! I personally think that the director did an awesome job, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to buy the DVD when it comes out! The book itself doesn't have much plot to begin with, so these movies were pretty tricky to adapt as script.

I hate it when ultra crazy fans whine about Edward's lack of abs or Bella's blinking.....or something else completely stupid and unimportant!
I second every word you said..... :lol:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I loved Twilight for what it was. New Moon took all that and multiplied it by 1000.

I had a few issues, but overall minor ones as well. Mostly, missing lines or missing parts of lines that I thought were huge ommissions. I guess I should not be shocked. Despite a much better turn, Melissa Rosenburg still demonstrates a lack of understanding of what is important. And, IMO, she demonstrates a total leaning to Team Jacob, which really isn't fair.

The most glaring ommission; in the woods, when Edward says, "I'm here until she orders me away." Bella SHOULD SAY, "That's never going to happen," or something along those lines. She assures Edward. That was GLARINGLY absent from the movie, particularly given the fact that she then tells Jacob she loves him (something it took her a movie and then some to work up to with Edward) I'm pretty pissed that they played it out that way, though I do understand why. I just wish they hadn't crossed that particular bridge yet, at least have her qualify it, something... anything. Yes, she loves Jake. Of this we are all aware. But, honestly, Bella is not that fickle.

Overall, I absolutely adored this movie. I am so happy with 99% of Chris Weitz' directorial decisions *coughVolvocough* and the acting was totally superb. Standouts for me were Rob and Billy Burke, with Kristen and Taylor definitely right there at the top.

Favorite scene: Hands down, the glimpse of Edward in Brazil. That Chris Weitz included that scene was pure brilliance and a total nod to the fans. And, Rob in that scene literally shattered my heart.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

^^^ Unfortunately I don't think Chris had any say in the Volvo. That would have to do with the Powers That Be and is completely backed up by dollar signs.
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

Jazz Girl wrote:The most glaring ommission; in the woods, when Edward says, "I'm here until she orders me away." Bella SHOULD SAY, "That's never going to happen," or something along those lines. She assures Edward. That was GLARINGLY absent from the movie, particularly given the fact that she then tells Jacob she loves him (something it took her a movie and then some to work up to with Edward) I'm pretty pissed that they played it out that way, though I do understand why. I just wish they hadn't crossed that particular bridge yet, at least have her qualify it, something... anything. Yes, she loves Jake. Of this we are all aware. But, honestly, Bella is not that fickle.
I agree that that line was quite obvious in it's absence, for those of us who've read. However, I thought she made it up nicely by saying "It's him. It's always been him."

Plus, I didn't get the feel that her "I love you" was a romantic one. I tell my friends I love them. Even in high school I did, and to my closest male friend. It was more of a "You're important to me; I care about you, but..."
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.