Divine Design ~ Team Esme

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Divine Design ~ Team Esme

Post by Openhome »

New Moon just totally took my breath away. Saw it again last night with the daughter that couldn't make it Saturday, and it was even better the second time around! *sighs contentedly*
You are so right that there isn't enough of the Cullen clan. I missed the airport and the cake. However, the few lines that Jasper and Emmett had just had me rolling.
Great movie!!

Edit: Did you guys see the "How Twilight Should Have Ended" spoof on the blog page. LOL!! I am still laughing. Go check it out!!
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Kayla~ just did. lol! So funny!

So, what's your all favourite Esme bit? Like, quote, action, anything. From the movie(s!) or the books.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

In New Moon, Esme is the last vampire to leave when Bella gets hurt and the first one to hug her when she comes back. I love that. It shows so clearly that she really is the mother.
*Waves at Hannah*
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I saw the spoof, it was hilarious!

I think my favorite quote of Esme's is when she tells Bella during the vote, "I already think of you as part of the family." It's as if it doesn't matter whether she is human or vampire, Esme loves her and that just spoke volumes to me about Esme's character.

She loves unconditionally and passionately (as SM describes her) and I think you really see that in Breaking Dawn when she tries so hard to take care of Seth, Leah and Jacob, knowing I'm sure how Leah feels about them in general (and Jacob's feelings).

It's why I really love her character, she is so accepting of others and is so nurturing and loving. She seems to be the epitome of kindness. It really makes you wonder when she had her "slip ups" as she adjusted to being a veggie vamp, how she felt, coped, dealt with making a mistake.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

*waves at Kayla* huh. I didn't notice that. cool! I would loooove Esme as a mom...

Bye, I think my computer is about to explode.

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I haven't been posting on here in a while. I have a new question, though (sorry if it's already been asked!):

What kind of books do you think Esme reads?

Personally, I can imagine her just reading over cookbooks though nobody in the family can eat, really, except Renesmee, but she doesn't want too. I can imagine her reading Jodi Picoult, for some reason, ha.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

What kind of books do you think Esme reads?
I see her reading classics and romance. Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Shakespeare, L.M. Montgomery, and for more contemporary novels Nicholas Sparks and that sort of stuff.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

I can see her loving the classics, especially the romances.
I can also see her hiding a few modern paranormal romances around the house for when the kids are away. ;)
What do you think, Una? I bet you could recommend a few. :D
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

OH, I could list numerous books for Esme. I think with her nature, she'd read (besides home improvement, renovating books and magazines (like This Old House, Country Home, Sunset, etc.) the Chicken Soup for the Soul and other inspirational stories along with romance. However, I'm not sure she'd read the more gutter girls type romance novels, but things like historical romances (with a little murder mystery maybe), classic romances and mysteries, and some paranormal romances. The question would be, does the family know what she reads (besides Edward and Alice)!?!? You think they might tease her?!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So, what's your all favourite Esme bit? Like, quote, action, anything. From the movie(s!) or the books. Hmm, this kind of a hard one for me. There are so few moments with Esme & they're usually kind of short. But I would say probably at the baseball game & Esme and Bella have their first chance to really kind of talk. I love how she's so accepting of Bella and when Bella asks if she minds that she's all wrong for Edward & she says something like No, you're who he wants, it'll workout somehow. I love her kind, caring, sweet, motherly nature. It's going to be interesting to see her fighting the newborns in the Eclipse movie. I just can't picture it. Even though I know she does fight & would do anything to protect her family, I have a hard time picturing it.

What kind of books do you think Esme reads? I agree with reading the classics. Also since she enjoys restoring houses probably some How to books & keeping up with the new type of stuff that's out there & what she could do.

pc:12
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson