Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Alison »

I just got back from seeing the movie for the second time. I think my two favorite scenes, at least aesthetically, are the months passing as Bella just sits in a comatose state and when she is floating in the water next to Edward until she is pulled out and her hand runs through the image of Edward. I almost hate that that last scene was featured in one of the trailers. It was a beautiful shot, and it should have been saved for the movie.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Nikki--
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikki-- »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
TeAm_EdWaRd wrote: I really don't understand why people criticize her acting all the time. She's so good!
I agree! I hate how people give her a hard time. Sure, she wasn't her best in Twilight but I thought she was fantastic in New Moon, and I think she's a great actress all around. This was Kristen's movie, IMO.
Same here. I'll admit I really didn't like her performance in 'Twilight', she took the whole awkward thing way overboard. In 'New Moon' though, she completely turned it around. I honestly can't say anything bad about her acting now.

I agree that the 'blackest blasphemy' line should have been included. It's one of my favourite lines in the entire series so I was really disappointed it didn't make the cut.
Pammy
Settled in Forks

Post by Pammy »

I haven't been on here for a while, but I have to say that it is sooooo nice to read comments on a forum from people who actually like and enjoy the series. I have been on a few sites where the posters are just so anti Twilight, that it is quite upsetting.

I have been to see the movie twice so far (going again next week - can't wait ) and I LOVE it more and more each time.
From the opening scene to the question at the end - 2 hours felt like 2 minutes. I just wanted it to go on forever.

I thought the whole cast were perfect - I loved Aro, his blend of graciousness and insanity were amazing and Marcus and Caius were exactly how I thought they should be (I wish there had been time to have them say a few more lines)

The wolfpack were amazing - Emilys house was just as I had envisioned it too - and again I wanted more of that scene.

I'm so glad they included the cinema scenes with Bella, Jacob and Mike.

Charlie was as Charlie should be - Billy Burke is the perfect Charlie.

Robert, Kristen and Taylor all stood out in their own ways.

I could go on and on and on - but I'll just say 'I CAN'T WAIT FOR ECLIPSE' I have just finished re reading it so that I could remind myself what happens after the proposal and June seems so far away !!!!!
look after my heart - I've left it with you....
TEAM EDWARD
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Post by carranzaya »

I'm so excited, New Moon is here!!! at last, today at 12 pm, everyone is thrilled, so when i come back from the cinema, i will share my experience with you awesome people!!!

I know most of you have seen the movie at least 3 times by now, but in centralamerica area hasnt been realease before today, it took us all our pacient to wait 8 days more than everyone else, has to wait was excruciating, so i think it is understandable our exciment.

Finally i'll be able to talk about i love the most and not, so wait for my comments later.

Love to all of you.
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:
TeAm_EdWaRd wrote: I really don't understand why people criticize her acting all the time. She's so good!
I agree! I hate how people give her a hard time. Sure, she wasn't her best in Twilight but I thought she was fantastic in New Moon, and I think she's a great actress all around. This was Kristen's movie, IMO.
I totally agree with you. I actually got tired of reading the same silly things about her 'bad acting' over and over again! Of course, we can't expect everyone to like Kristen's performance but people should get over it and give her a break. She is doing a great job portraying someone clumsy - it's actually exactly the way Bella is described in the books... And I love your last sentence. That's what I said too! :D
Hysteria
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Hysteria »

I loved it, i saw it last week and plan on seeing it again as soon as i can.
The cast were amazing in the movie.
The break up scene between Edward and Bella was heart breaking.
The wolf pack were perfect the actors fit their characters so well.
Jacob's house was similar to how i pictured it would look when reading the book, i loved how quaint Emily's house was it was perfect.
One of my favourite scenes had to be when Thom Yorke's Hearing Damage was playing with Harrys death and Victoria and the wolves. I also thought Bellas cliff diving scene was stunning.
The Volturi were incredible I thought Michael Sheen was outstanding the mannerism he used to portray Aro was how I'd imagined Aro would be reading the book.
I adored the ending :D
I can't wait to see it again and for the dvd to be released.
Team Carlisle~Patient
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, this is a little off topic, but it goes with this thread, I think, and I feel that it should be said.

I'm glad that everyone one in this thread is positive most of the time and not so nit-picky, and even when they are, they don't make it sound like the world is ending, and that New Moon is just a movie. I've been to the offical Twilight Saga forum, and half the people there are so nit-picky and whiny about minor things. As I've said before, I haven't seen the movie yet, but from those who have, I think I'll enjoy it if I'm able to see it in the dollar theatre in the future. And I know that people note minor things that could've been improved, but you guys don't rip the actors or crew for these things, and you accept that there'll be some differences between the book and movie, and you give the actors and crew props for at least trying their best.

I do have to say that I'm a big Kristen Stewart fan, and it's getting kind of irritating that people rip on her for every concivable indescretion they can think up(blinking, not enough emotion, etc-have these guys even read the books as they're in Bella's POV and Kristen has to interpret what Bella is feeling/saying/doing?!). I think that people are jealous of her for working with Rob and Taylor, and that she's so well liked as a person and friend by most of the cast and crew, all of whom have only have said good of her.

I think that some of the people who complain about the movies are a little obcessed, and should remember that Stephenie Meyer herself is a major consultant for the movies and has quite a bit of control over what can/can't be done-do you think that she'd allow someone to screw up her story without her say so? Or even make a change in good faith without at least asking her how it should be done?

Just wanted to say that I like it here and that no one's gone overboard with nit picking and have accpeted New Moon for what it is-a movie, and that book to movie tranlations don't always match up 100%, but that the basic story and concept is the building block and is the number one concern.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey guys

I have watched it for the fourth time today...no it is not an addiction ;)
but did you notice when they first show Harry Clearwater during the hunt, victoria is behind him up in the tree?? and then when he looked behind his shoulder she is gone...
I never notice that before....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^Hehe. I noticed it the second time I watched it. I thought it was pretty cool.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Saw it the first (and only) time I watched it- the camera angle and motion draws you to her.

Plus, you know- wild orange blob in the middle of a sea of green. Kinda hard to miss. ;)