The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
goymer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by goymer »

bac wrote:Goymer, be kind. She'll appreciate that. Maybe bring her something at work, to show her that you are thinking about her. A book, a card, lunch. Then if that goes well then ask her out to a drink or lunch or something. My opinion is to take it slow, but show her that you are interested.
Be kind? Check. Bring something to work? Don't think I'll give that a go, seeing as we work at Burger King ( :lol: ) and I also wouldn't hear the end of it from our co-workers!

I know what to do :D I'll make sure I wake up early tomorrow (I've got the day off work, so would normally sleep until about 2pm!) so I can send her a good morning text, seemingly at random.
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Hey Everyone,
So this past week has been a rollarcoaster of emotions, to be cliched. Just when I'm feeling comfortable in my friendship with Brad and we are openly teasing each other and the such Carol gets in my head. Let me explain last week was Brad's birthday and since his family doesn't do much for birthdays and we had a late start on the day of and he still went to school early a friend and I took him from school as he was getting there and took him to her house to eat breakfast. The night before I had made him a card, as I do for most of my friends, and gave it to him after breakfast as we were driving back to the school. It basically said that he had no idea how much I appericate our friendship and how much it means to me. After school I gave him a ride home and when got out of the car he leans back in and tells me, "Thank you. You made my day wonderful" Well unknowest to him Laura and I were planning a surprise birthday party for him and we weren't inviting his ex, Carol. The party was a blast and I enjoyed the part where I pushed his face into the cake. :mrgreen:
The problem comes whenI uploaded some pictures of the party on facebook along with some videos. Carol sees them and talks to Laura about it. On Monday Laura came to me and told me how Carol had asked why she wasn't invited to the party. Laura told her that she had told many people to tell Carol about the party, including me. Carol then said she understood then why she didn't get the memo and that she had a theory. Laura aksed what this theory is and Carol says, " I think that Jennifer likes Brad" and that apperently I wouldn't want her there when I'm trying to talk to/flirting with Bard . Carol continues to say that she was going to talk to me about it, not baout my not inviting her to the party, but telling me it's okay for me to like Brad and that I have her approval. First of all I don't need her approval to like him, which I don't and second of all he broke up with her and wants nothing to do with her in that sense.
Now, though I was happy that Brad and I are friends and all, but Carol got into my head. And I can't stop thinking of Brad and wheather I like him like him or not. I don't want to like him more than a friend, but it feels out of my concious control. And tonight (friday) I'm going to see new moon with two friends and him and maybe his sister. Then there's the chance that Carol told him her theory which would make things very awkward and GAH!!! I just don't know what to think anymore. For now my plan is to continue playing along as friends and maybe pull back a little on the attention I give him and such. Still, my thoughts are all jumbled up and blah.

By the by, Susie did find me on here and well she is slowly gaining my trust of talking to her about these kinds of things. What makes me uncomfortable is that she knows all of the people I know and it just feels weird.

Love you all!
Jennifer
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

bac wrote:That sucks, DRTT. Do you have a brother or sister or parent that you can confide in? Do the best that you can to be as "normal" as possible when you do the Relay for Life. Try and see it as an opportunity to be with them for a separate cause and not think about your relationships with them. I know it is hard and awkward. Again, totally sucks. (and I'm sure you have the sexy thing, just maybe not all the abs, I don't think they are humanly possible ;) )
I have a sister, but I don't trust her. I don't really trust anyone right now, because Julia was the person I trusted, and look where things are now.

Relay for Life...is in June. But there's so much fundraising you have to do, I am calling/texting/IMing these people everyday.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

bac-Thanks! That's really good advice, and what I'm doing.
Derek-I'm sorry buddy, but maybe you will get with her daugher(I'm sorry, sorry I'm not funny. On the other hand, I hope you're not pedophilly like that). Do you still really like her? It's probably quite ackward between you guys. Oh and don't be so hard on yourself.
Goymer- Good Luck. That's all I got...
Jennifer-Well it's good that she's okay with, even if you don't need it. You seem confused on your feelings to him, so try waiting out, if it continues, sure go ahead.
Update-Sorry, I had to watch my White Collar. Today has been fun. First off, I'm at my grandparents, so we went to one of their friends house. I started talking to this guy, who was just being friendly to me. We talked about school(I'm a freshie, he's a senior) and I asked about what he choose college wise. My grandma thought we were the perfect match, during dinner(we left them after that) she said he was a good-looking one, eh? So yeah, today was full of fun. Oh, but I got some stuff at all the sales, including a really nice coat.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
goymer

Post by goymer »

Well that's a real kick in the teeth. Turns out they never actually broke up, just called off the engagement. I'm annoyed with myself for getting my hopes up, and it pains me to say this, but I'm just gonna have to look elsewhere because nothing's ever going to happen with me and Lisa.
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Sorry Goymer. Look elsewhere, good idea. I'm sure there are lots of great girls out there (so silly to say that I know). Keep your eyes open.

DRTT, tough position you are in. As long as they aren't treating you badly, then I would just keep going like they are your friends without all the other stuff. Sorry you don't have anyone to talk to. I know the feeling.

Hi Jennifer. I'm glad you are continuing to be friends with Brad. Just be kind, be yourself. Don't worry about what others think.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

psugar wrote:Derek-I'm sorry buddy, but maybe you will get with her daugher(I'm sorry, sorry I'm not funny. On the other hand, I hope you're not pedophilly like that). Do you still really like her? It's probably quite ackward between you guys. Oh and don't be so hard on yourself.

Yep, I still like her.
I always fall hard.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Derek, There is nothing wrong with falling hard. Just hang in there, you'll be fine. Someday a girl will realize the amazing guy you are and that you have been there all along and it will work out. Everyone deserves a little happiness.

As for me,
New Moon was fun and not awkward at all. Saddly I didn't get to sit next to Brad, but if I did I don't think I could have focused on the movie because he was just making so many comments to the friend sitting between us I know I would have been distracted. Oh well. Um, I was teased greatly about my twilight obssession. And about the fact that I have a small fasccination for Aro and the blond Cullen Men. (Brad is blond too) That was the only awkward moment the whole evening.
On the way home we were picking up a friend who was sleeping over at my house. As we got to her house I playfully remind Brad that it was the road where the school we tutor is on (the first time he came he got lost twice and asked for directions to the school at a church just down the road) he then tells me he might be coming to tutor this week and I tell him he has to do some of his hours for Honor Society. He goes, "psh, It's just Honor Society." This whole exchange is taking place as our faces are about 6-8 inches apart. I tell him I'm offended because I'm on the steering committee. He says, "I'm only doing Honor Society because you told me to." Before I could even reply we pulled up to my friend's house and I had to call her so she'd come out. So I am already so confused, we practically don't talk all night, and he goes and says that with our faces so close and the scincerity in his eyes loud and clear. Great. Thank goodness after that I had a girls night in and didn't go to bed until three in the morning and I could concentrate on my homework today and tomorrow. And tomorrow I have to go to church then to my godmother's, who i just found out had a stroke a month ago and I didn't know about it, and finally my usual sunday afternoon study time with Emma (formally known as Susie) at a coffeeshop and i can vent fully to her. Now I just wish my on and off head would be gone that I've had since about Tuesday afternoon.

Love you all!
Jennifer
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hi guys!!!!

Nice to me y'all!!! I'm Hope on a Rope a.k.a. Hope. I've been a lexicon memeber for a long time but I went MIA for over a year and now I'm back. I read some of your probs and advice. I'm kind of in the middle of my own struggle now.

I have had a relationship at the age of 15 to 19 with a guy I was madly in love with. He constantly cheated on me and when I left to live with my dad he did drugs. I tried helping him as much as possible and tried putting him in rehab. I eventualy found out from his sister that he took the money and spent it on drugs and girls. I then woke up from my stupid dream and illusion and broke up with him. A few months later I dated a guy and was with him for a few months. Then I started not seeing him slowly until I went MIA on him. He was very nice but he had some peeves. He had needs I couldn't give him and the way he was touchy feely made me very uncomfortable. PLus some issues happened with my family: my dad made a big impression on me this past year on what a man rally cares about ultimately. So it really affected me. I broke up with him a couple of months ago. Now everytime a guy is fond of me I stay away. And I hate it when guys wanna get near me for physical purposes. I feel afraid. And I can't trust a guy and I can't get in a relationship because of my fear. I want to be in a relationship. Especially with a guy who shares the same morals, has the same passion for the same things. I want my own Edward one day. What's the advice you guys have for me???

Hope
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

I'm so sorry I've been neglecting you all! No one told me Sixth Form is so hard. I need time to read through all of this I'm afriad and get the jist of things. I only have one up-date.

Woody broke my heart.
There, I said it.

:(
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com