Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

Chernaudi wrote:.

I do have to say that I'm a big Kristen Stewart fan, and it's getting kind of irritating that people rip on her for every concivable indescretion they can think up(blinking, not enough emotion, etc-have these guys even read the books as they're in Bella's POV and Kristen has to interpret what Bella is feeling/saying/doing?!). I think that people are jealous of her for working with Rob and Taylor, and that she's so well liked as a person and friend by most of the cast and crew, all of whom have only have said good of her.

Mmm hmm.
From an interview with Chris Weitz: -
"Do you think Kristen evolved as an actor in this movie?
I’m not sure she evolved as much as she had room to run. She’s a thoroughbred as far as actors go. To me, she can do know wrong. The experience of working with her and the caliber of work she was doing was pretty extraordinary. Let’s put aside girl in love with a vampire, her ability to manifest these emotions below the surface, above the surface just to get things right. She’s extraordinarily exacting of herself and in those moments where I was able to give her the room to do that are things I’m very proud of. That’s a high point."

And I think that ^ sums it up. Kristen is amazing. Some people were saying that she didn't cry in the movie, and your right, beacuse she did more than that. Anyone could just break into hysterics and make a scene. It takes a lot more to actually show the emotions of what she was feeling.

Ms_Vamp_4788
Settled in Forks

Post by Ms_Vamp_4788 »

I've got to say that I did not like the way Ms Stewart portrayed Bella in Twilight. Or Rob as the way he portrayed Edward. To me they felt a little stiff to me. Bella wasn't quite as relatable in the movie to me as she was in the book. The only time I saw that powerful connection between them was in the kiss scene in her bedroom.

That being said, Holy Crow did they step it up in New Moon. I could tell that Kirsten finally got it within that first scene with Charlie. She seemed so much more relaxed and into the character like she finally understood who Bella was. It was so much less forced. The same goes for Rob too. It felt like they had finally picked up the book and read it. I was worried about Bella and how Kirsten would portray her especially in the break up scene. It's such a pivitol part in the book and if she didn't get it right it would have messed up the enitre movie. And she nailed it. It was perfect. I was a slight KS hater after Twilight. But at the end of New Moon I wanted to stand up and give her a round of applause. I really enjoyed watching this Bella so much more than the Bella in the first movie. Kudos to Ms. Stewart for such a wonderful job well done!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I loved New Moon! I finally saw it yesterday, and I loved it.

My favorite scene was when Bella was in the water with Edward, I thought that scene was made perfectly so great. I also loved that scene where Bella slaps Paul :lol: It made me laugh. Any wolf scene was great, too, especially with Embry (I'm a big Kiowa fangirl).

And the fight scene in Volterra. Oh... my... lord. I loved it! I thought it showed the Volturi's power, since the book didn't show it much, you know?

I loved the voting scene when Jasper was all "Yes. I would love not to want to kill you all the time." or something like that. That was hilarious. I love Jasper. And every word out of Emmett's mouth made me smile too.

I am so gonna see it again haha.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
twilightfans5
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfans5 »

Has anyone noticed how protective Bella is of Edward? Its so cute and almost like clues for those you havent read the books regarding Breaking Dawn. First scene was when she was telling Edward how she cant imagine anyone hurting him and she can protect him if he changed her. Then again when Aro takes Edwards hand away from her to read his thoughts. When she is pleading with Jane to stop hurting him and Alec has to restrain her. And lastly, when she is pleading with Aro. Kill me, Kill me not him. and You dont know a thing about his soul. I loved those lines.

Kristen Stewart is a great actress and plays Bella perfectly. Like others have said I cant see another actress showing so much different emotions in one film. How can people miss this? Bella doesnt cry when Edward leaves her - she is numb, empty, a zombie and she plays that part well. When Charlie is talking to her about going to live with her mother and she forces herself to act almost normal, you can see her entire mood and body language change back as soon as he walks away. the tiny sad smile on the cliff when Edwards pleading with her not to jump is perfectly conveys her saddness and joy in hearing him once again, She is a great actress and I look forward to seeing her in more roles. I hope the Kstew haters dont turn her into a mainstream actress.

I also feel the best part of the movie is the 6 minutes of the Charlie/harry hunting and Victoria/Wolf chase leading up to the cliff scene. I have seen the movie 7 times so far and find that scene the most memorible. I wonder if Stephanie meyer was thinking, why didnt I think of that when watching the film. Well done Chris Weitz and the cast. Thank you for bringing New Moon to life.
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

marielle wrote:Hey guys

I have watched it for the fourth time today...no it is not an addiction ;)
Haha. I feel the same way, like I have to justify that I am not addicted.

I saw the film for the third time today. Although I don't think I'll ever be a true KS fan, her acting has greatly improved. At first, I thought the way she screamed when she was dreaming was a bit much, but the more I saw the movie, I began to feel the emotion in it. I also cannot watch the clock tower scene in Volterra without getting goosebumps up my arms. The way she jumps into Edward's arms and tells him that she is alive...you can just feel her fear and relief all at the same time.

The scene in the water where she is floating is one of the most beautiful scenes I have seen in a long time. I cannot describe it. There's is a portion of it that is eerie, but at the same time, it's so romantic because she is basically dying and her last vision is of Edward next to her.

I've been reading a lot of hating of the Twilight Saga and of Edward online, and I think the more I hear negative comments, the more attached to the series I become. I still do not understand how people can call Bella and Edward's relationship abusive and how people can rip it apart because the vampires glitter and don't bite people. Strip away everything, and you have one of the most beautiful tragic love stories ever. I think I noticed this most during the Volturi scene when Aro asks Edward how he can even stand next to Bella, and he answers, "It's not without difficulty." It is a simple line, but there is so much subtext to it.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Post by Miko Kikyou »

I saw the movie yesterday and it really is much better than the first one.
I even begin to like Rob Pattinson (maybe because of the new contacts...xD). By the way, Taylor Lautner looks great.

The movie is closer to the book than Twilight was, but some things still bother me. For example, in the book Edward tells Bella that he still loves her when they are back in Forks, but in the movie, it all happens in Volterra. And the whole "epiphany"-part was edited, too. The Volturi fight reminded me of E.T.xD
I can live with it - I wonder why CW changed so much about the Volturi part, but New Moon still is a great movie. I have to see it in English, though - the German version sounds a bit awkward.^^

Could it be that there are some scenes in the trailers (for example the "you know too much about vampires") not being shown in the movie?

Edit: One more thing... Basically, Alice and Edward are the two strongest weapons the Cullens have because of their abilities.
Why did they lose so easily in the Volturi tower? They cannot do anything about Jane, but they could have dodged at least some of the attacks.
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

Miko Kikyou wrote:Could it be that there are some scenes in the trailers (for example the "you know too much about vampires") not being shown in the movie?

Edit: One more thing... Basically, Alice and Edward are the two strongest weapons the Cullens have because of their abilities.
Why did they lose so easily in the Volturi tower? They cannot do anything about Jane, but they could have dodged at least some of the attacks.
I had completely forgotten about Alice telling Bella that she knew too much, and that definitely was not in the movie. Soooo...deleted scenes!

And I wouldn't call Alice and Edward the Cullens' strongest weapons. They are the ones that the Volturi most desires, but not really the strongest. And they got beat because they were outnumbered, and Edward was weak.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Yep. I completely forgot about that line from Alice ("You're a human who knows entirely too much about vampires. They could kill us all.) My guess is that it will be on the DVD as a deleted scene extension.

Having seen the extended Volturi BTS that was shown in Italy, I also know that they cut some Volturi lines, too:

Aro - "And surely you see her potential?"

Jane - "You're letting them...go?"

Those lines should be in the DVD.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Asheleyo wrote:
And I wouldn't call Alice and Edward the Cullens' strongest weapons. They are the ones that the Volturi most desires, but not really the strongest. And they got beat because they were outnumbered, and Edward was weak.
Also, think about it from the perspective of the saga. The entire reason they did not want there to be a fight with the Volturi was because, PHYSICALLY, they were no match. With Alec and Jane, they had no chance. The entire reason SM agreed to put the fight scene in was because it could be amped up without countermanding Breaking Dawn. It was a total statement of Edward's devotion and love for Bella. According to SM, Felix's gift is combat, which completely counteracts Edward's ability to read his mind. Plus Alec and Jane would step in if it got out of hand. Edward knew that he could not win, but he was going to fight for Bella no matter what, having just gotten her back.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
elizabella
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Miko Kikyou wrote:The movie is closer to the book than Twilight was, but some things still bother me. For example, in the book Edward tells Bella that he still loves her when they are back in Forks, but in the movie, it all happens in Volterra. And the whole "epiphany"-part was edited, too. The Volturi fight reminded me of E.T.xD
I can live with it - I wonder why CW changed so much about the Volturi part, but New Moon still is a great movie. I have to see it in English, though - the German version sounds a bit awkward.^^
I think what some people forget is that Melissa Rosenberg writes the script, not Chris, so while Catherine Hardwicke allowed Melissa to run wild with her alterrations (Waylon anybody? and Bella not eating) and Stephenie wasn't confident enough at the time to stop them both, Chris and Stephenie tried to keep as much control as possible on the film I think in the illustrated companion there's a quote about how Melissa had the huge fight planned for the Volturi but Chris and Stephenie reigned her in and told her no.

Ashley couldn't really help Edward because Demitri had his hands around her neck and probably could have snapped it if she was getting out of control. Besides she knew it would be ok (maybe?)

And I'll agree I didn't love Kristen's performance in twilight but I really believe it all comes back to the director and CW is far superior to CH for this type of film.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.