Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Post by marielle »

hey girls....

there are a few new questions since last time I've been here (I've been feasting on Robcrack over in the halfway house :oops:
♥midnight_sun♥ wrote: I wrote: What was your favorite part of Rob's acting in Twilight and least favorite?
The least favorite for me is was the fighting scene. It just wasn't really Edward. Edward would have gone straigt to Bella... and have more worry in his eyes...But I guess the scriptwriters are to blame mostly

My favorite part ( actually parts) were just before the kissing scene when he came through her window and at the cullens house when he does that crooked smile....that one made me gasp for air....
Dovrebanen wrote:What was your favorite RobWard moment in NewMoon?
The Marry me scene!!!!!.....I guess the whole scene before that when he thanked Jacob and asking Bella for a few more years.
those fullscreen shots of him, left me with red ears.... :twisted: and out of breath :lol:
TeAm_EdWaRd wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:Sooo People.com just posted a story that Kristen and Rob were seen making out... no pictures, but people "saw" it. Why would they make out OUTSIDE if they want to be kept a secret? Isn't there any other news going on in Hollywood?
Haha! Here is the story: http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 39,00.html

I wanna see some pics! 8-) And I want them to tell us the truth finally! :-P

I don't know if I can handle those pictures.... I mean two of the most beautiful people making out together... to have it final...I would so giggle, scream and faint....
I would be so happy for them if they could just be reall, and themselfs with eachother without having to worry about what the world would think...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I had to just say that I loved Rob in NM. And I just gotta say that I love how good Rob is at the facial expressions. After the "incident", when they're outside Bella's place before & after the kiss, when he's walking to the Volturi it looked to me like he would be crying here if he could, when the Volturi give him their answer, and then their reunion before Demetri & Felix show up. Love love love it. Seriously I think he makes just an awesome Edward and he's a hottie to boot! When SM was on "Oprah" a few weeks back they were talking about Rob as Edward and she made some comment how Rob is just kind of different looking, but not in a bad way in a good way. And you know it's sooo true. Which is good considering how Edward is described in the book.

What was your favorite RobWard moment in NewMoon? Umm sooooo hard to pick one. I loved the breakup, I thought he did so well in this scene. And the fact that it was very very close to the book (from what I can remember.) And then probably when they're reunited in Italy. Oh and the "Marry me." Ugh that man is just so awesome.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

*treads lightly into the thread* It's been so long since I've been here. Wow.

Ashley's ? - Best Robward Twi moment: Everybody already picked the scenes I was gonna say, so I'm gonna go with something different. The first cafeteria scene. When he walks by the table smiling because he heard what Jessica was saying and then the look on his face when he looked at Bella from his table. You could see the frustration of not being able to read her mind. It was just awesome. Worst Robward Twi moment: I can't decide between the "it wouldn't be like drinking your blood, for instance" line and the meadow. They were both just...wrong.

Caryn's ? - Robward's best New Moon moment: Caryn stole mine. No fair! Lol. I'ma go with the entire thing from the reunion to when they leave Italy. The "heaven" part was beautiful. But when he protects her when Felix & Demitri tell her she has to come along. "You can go to hell" was brilliant. And then the way he protects her by hugging her to him when they're on the elevator and walking off of it. When he flips her to get her out of the way! Then Jane puts him in pain. He owned that whole thing. Totally just blew me away.

The one thing about Italy I didn't like was that Edward's eyes were supposed to be black. He was supposed to be starving. But I'll turn the other cheek on that one just cause the whole movie was epic win.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

DarkMuse wrote:Ashley's ? - Best Robward Twi moment: Everybody already picked the scenes I was gonna say, so I'm gonna go with something different. The first cafeteria scene. When he walks by the table smiling because he heard what Jessica was saying and then the look on his face when he looked at Bella from his table.
yes I will never ever forget that scene.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

marielle wrote:I don't know if I can handle those pictures.... I mean two of the most beautiful people making out together... to have it final...I would so giggle, scream and faint....
I would be so happy for them if they could just be reall, and themselfs with eachother without having to worry about what the world would think...
LOL It must be really hard for them to keep it a secret - if they are together (I am pretty sure they are :-P ). And it must be annoying to always hear the same questions about their relationship etc. in every interview although they handled it pretty well till now! :) They're too sweet together...
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, yeah, my name is Caryn and I am a total addict. I saw New Moon for the 5th time over the holiday and I am trying to figure out how and when exactly I can skip out of work this week to see it again.

I have noticed so many new litle things in my multiple viewings. The one that I keep coming back to, because you all keep reminding me, is that CW actually got it half right in Italy. If you look at RobWard, he has massive black circles under his eyes. so yes, the eyes aren't black, but they do at least bring in the second part of his "thirsty look".
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I noticed that too. And he looks really..what's the word...drained? Like tired and worn out, and like he hasn't been taking care of himself at all. I would have wished that his eyes were black, and that he would say that he had never been more in control of that side of his nature when he had Bella in his lap.
But overall I think they did a good job with the way Robward looked in this section of the movie. You could see the suffering he had been through.

DarkMuse wrote:I can't decide between the "it wouldn't be like drinking your blood, for instance" line and the meadow. They were both just...wrong.
It must have killed Rob to say that line.... Edward would never in a million years have said something like that. He was ashamed of his nature. He would have said that he craved her blood and that he was more dangerous to her than to anyone... But never something like that. And certainly not at that point in their relationship.
The "personal brand of heroine" line in Twilight also made me cringe. It was just in there to be there...They didn't make it significant, IMO. And why did the man have to be in the trees all the time?? He should be laying down next to Bella, with her touching his arm and face...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Alright then. I think the question has to be asked...

Is Robert's performance of Edward better in Twilight or in New Moon? Why?

Personally, I cannot decide because I think he has nailed the character of Edward from the word go. I think there were some terrible decisions made in Twilight that effected his performance, and I blame two specific people for those decisions. But, even in those, I see him making the absolute best of what he was given.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Is Robert's performance of Edward better in Twilight or in New Moon? Why?

For me, he was much better in New Moon, actually all of the actors. You could really see how much everyone has improved as far as acting is concerned! I also loved Rob in Twilight (except a few scenes where he just looked weird and acted awkwardly) although I think he did his best there too. But in New Moon he was more ... relaxed. I have no better word! Everything was perfect: his timing, facial expressions etc. Too bad he did not have that many scenes! :(
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Is Robert's performance of Edward better in Twilight or in New Moon? Why? For me definitely NM. I liked him in Twilight, but there were just some spots/scenes where I didn't feel like it was very Edwardy. But in NM every scene he was in I thought he got Edward down perfect. Especially the break up, reunion in Italy & the proposal. After seeing him in NM I think I love him even more. He looked better in NM and his protrayal of Edward was better. And there's just something about him in NM that I love. I don't know what, but I love him more & I think he might be my new celebrity crush. Now I really hope that DS can do as good a job on Eclipse as CW did on NM and get some really good performances from the actors and stay more faithful to the book like NM was than Twilight.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson