Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Openhome »

I was so very glad to see the actors pushed to act well in New Moon. I am also not an RPatz fan and did not really like him as Edward in Twilight (of course, I didn't like much of anything but the ball game in Twilight), but this movie had me loving both of them. However, the BEST Jacob scene in my opinion is when he was the wolf at the end. The CGI wolf had more emotion when Bella broke his heart than any other actor in the film. I just DIED at his puppy eyes.
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

I grew to love how Rob Pattz is acting as Edward. But in MY mind the real Edward is much more appealing than Rob is.

I'm probably gonna go see the Twilight Convention in La happening in March. Is anyone in LA gonna go???? We can probably meet up and spend the day together. I'm considering going on Sunday. Let me know guys!!!

<3

And let's get some hashing topics happening!!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Openhome wrote:I was so very glad to see the actors pushed to act well in New Moon. I am also not an RPatz fan and did not really like him as Edward in Twilight (of course, I didn't like much of anything but the ball game in Twilight), but this movie had me loving both of them. However, the BEST Jacob scene in my opinion is when he was the wolf at the end. The CGI wolf had more emotion when Bella broke his heart than any other actor in the film. I just DIED at his puppy eyes.
I was listening to the CG people doing an interview the other day. Did you know that the wolf's eyes were actually Taylor's eyes? They implanted his eyes into the CG wolf! Cool, huh?
As for the hashing...someone kick it off, and I will make an effort to contribute. For tonight, I am off to bed! :)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Good heaven's MissP, what time is your bed time? Of course I work at schools, so I am hardly ever up after 11 unless I am addicted to some fanfic that I should have ignored anyway. Not that you or any of the others ever get me addicted to emotional stories that play havoc with my life... ;)
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Openhome~~My bedtime SHOULD be no later than 11pm...but I don't always make it there by then! Believe me, I feel like shiza the next day, too!

Gotta go! Biggest Loser is on now! :D
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hi guys!!!
Just came back from watching NewMoon again. I'm loving Robert alot more than I did in Twilight and squeeed everytime Edward said something romantic. I'm definitely gonna go and see it again next week but this time I'm gonna go alone.

Bac or Una - Do you think we might be able to open a forum for people who would wanna go to the Twilight conventions and see in which city so we can communciate better and see if we can meet up to whichever we will go to?
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Hi Hope, there is a forum for Twilight related events: A Drive in the Aston Martin and it is used for posting threads about certain events so if people want to, they can meet up or get information. However, we only create threads as requested, we do not keep a running count/list of the Twilight events, those are posted on the news page. But don't despair, there is a website that is called Twilight Advisor that I think is what you are looking for (click the "Events" tab).

Hope this helps!

I so want to see New Moon again...I just don't think it's going to happen. But I can tell you, I am SOOO going to get the HD version (hopefully loaded with special features and ALL of the outtakes/deleted scenes) of the movie when it comes out to video!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

xhopeonaropex wrote:I grew to love how Rob Pattz is acting as Edward. But in MY mind the real Edward is much more appealing than Rob is.
I dunno. I still can't see Rapatz as Edward. As for the movie, I thought it was interesting that I could see Edward's flaw a little more clearly than the books. Taylor, on the other hand, did a terrific job playing Jacob. He was believable and very close to how I imagined his character to be like.

I, too, want to watch NM again. I hope sometime soon. Here's my question: Did the movie change your feelings about Jake and Edward?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote: Here's my question: Did the movie change your feelings about Jake and Edward?
Nope, I still feel the same about each of them. I always loved Jacob and felt Bella's tear very keenly. In fact, in more than interview, including a signing I attended, SM said she would pick Jacob for her own daughter in real life, but the fantasy story was always about Edward. Jacob was constructed first as a literary device. So my answer after the movies is the same as after I finished reading the books...Edward for Bella and Jacob for me. I guess it's convenient at least I'm married to a very Jacob-like guy.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Most of you know that I've been an Edward girl through and through for the entire saga, but I also developed a soft spot for Jacob. For me, the movie has made me cherish Bella and Jacob's relationship even more. I loved that they were honest from the get go. Edward, on the other hand, hasn't really changed for me but I see his flaws more clearly now: 1. The fact that he made the decision to leave because he felt that Bella would be safe and 2. He agrees to make her a vamp under his condition. Part of my interpretation is rereading the books and paying attention to Edward's dialogue. The other part is based on the actual movie screenplay. Did anyone notice that the epiphany scene and Edward apologizing for leaving Bella was taken out of the movie? IMO, he didn't come across as really feeling sorry that he left. Bella just takes him in and then it's quickly to the voting scene. The final scene of the movie makes Edward come off as proposing Bella because he knows he's in a competition with Jacob not because her soul is into question, which is really why he makes the option.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!