General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
noelia_cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by noelia_cullen »

My most nerve-wracking, heart stopping moment was in BD, the ''fight'' with the Volturi, before Alice came back and everyone was saying they're goodbyes to one another, OMG! I thought someone was going to die before the end of the book, I was sooo stressed out!

Also, in NM when Bella is running to save him, at her ''human pace'' she was so slow even when she wanted to run super-fast, jaja I wanted to start screaming at Edward too, tell him to stop, run with her, I was reading it @ my college's library, and my eyeballs were like :shock: ''OMG BELLA RUN!!!'' jaja, everybody was staring at me :oops:

Finally, all the newborn fight in eclipse, when Bella grabbed the rock, and Seth was ''injured'', I really thought she was going to do something stupid like cutting herself or something like that, I was bitting my nails so bad jaja
Team Edward: Because sparkling it's way cooler!
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my home language)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

How about the sex ed talk between Bella & Charlie??? My heart stopped do to laughter...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

HAHAHA XD That part! I think I choked on my coffee, then did a *book face*.

But the part that creeped me out the most was in Twilight, when Bella goes to the dance studio and finds out she was tricked. I was like O__o GET OUT OMG!
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
exotec
Settled in Forks

Post by exotec »

I agree with the rest about the scenes you mentioned. But another very poignant and heart-wrenching scene is the one after Jacob's been injured in the newborns fight, and Bella comes to visit him and finally admits her love for him (too). Of course, Edward will always be the one who feels right for her, I don't dispute that. But Jacob's just a kid, and has gone through so much, tried to step up to the challenge with Edward (which he suspected all along he wasn't up to)... he gave it his best shot, all he had, and then finally admits defeat. And to have her confirm what could have been for them - well, it was a teary moment. :|

I have to confess to some fretfulness about how the movie is going to depict Bella's run through Volterra ... because one clip I saw was totally devoid of any other humans other than Bella. So much of that scene depends on her fighting to get through the mob and taking a shortcut through the fountain ... I hope they stay true to that. It wouldn't make a lot of sense without those details. Especially... why would Edward choose to expose himself to a throng of people on a festival day when there's no people in the square? Just doesn't make sense.

Every time I hear thunder, I wonder where the game is...
~xo~

=^..^=
heather_jane
Settled in Forks

Post by heather_jane »

personally I liked the bedroom scene when edward finely got an acceptance to his proposal. I had plenty to occupy my day dreams for several days. Personally I saw through it when ever someone left. And wasn't there someone else who left with alice? Who was it: a ba,ba,ba, oh yes her husband or something. lets not forget jasper he's pretty freackn' important to that family. Speaking of, the paper cut attack strikes me as fairly nerve-wracking. I mean think about what Jasper just did. I know my heart would stop. then there's he's brothers pain not to mention his own guilt he's straddled with. Oh, and his whole family has to scatter because for some reason edward is boss. and i don't mean the totally awesome 1980's "Juno" reference. I'm steering more towards the Janice from "Wanted" situation.
Image Image
Keeping the surplus "dog" population under control.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

The Honeymoon! hands down! no contest! by far! :mrgreen:
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

The most nerve racking moment in the Twilight series was definatley when Bella is racing in Italy to find Edward then the clock tolls and she finally sees Edward and can't make him move back into the shadows.

My emotions during the end of New Moon:

Alice comes back :D
Edward is going to kill himself: :o
Edward is stepping into the sun: :shock: :o :shock: :( :cry:
Waiting for the Verdict of The Volturi: :shock:
The Verdict: :mrgreen:
The Happy Ending: :D

It really takes a lot out of you lol.
Latima
Settled in Forks

Post by Latima »

All these parts are great choices!!

I think in Twilight the moment that had me turning the page was When Bella ran away from Jasper and Alice in the Airport. I just knew that Alice would 'see' her run away and catch her before she got on the shuttle bus.

New Moon: When Jacob comes to the house to be a jerk and ask how long Alice would stay in Forks and he realizes he hurt her feelings and comes back to talk to her and leans in to kiss her...then the phone rings. I just knew for sure they were going to have their first kiss at that very moment.

Eclipse: When Bella figues out the newborns are being created to kill her. I could not wait to see Edwards reaction to the news.

Breaking Dawn: After Jacob left Bella and went downstairs to kill Nessie.
chewie1bernie
Settled in Forks

Post by chewie1bernie »

There are so many, but the most nerve-wracking was in Eclipse when Bella told Jacob they couldn't be friends. That was horrible. Poor Jacob! The words that he spoke to her during that conversation, were exactly the truth- If there hadn't been any monsters or magic, then they would be together. If Edward had never come back, they would be together and be happy.

I just feel for Jacob. He went through a lot of hurt in New Moon and Eclipse and even BD. Yeah, so the most heart stopping and nerve-wracking moment for me, was in Eclipse. Poor Jacob It made me so sad :cry:
cecibelle_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cecibelle_cullen »

I think that one of the most nerve-wracking, heart stopping moment was when in New Moon Edward calls to make sure Bella is dead and Jacob says that Charlie is at the funeral. OMG !!!! or when she discovers that there's a Cullen in her house! :shock: I wasn't breathing :!: :!:
Image Image Image