Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueEyedVamp
Settled in Forks

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by BlueEyedVamp »

I got at least 3 former co-workers to start reading, turning them all into obsessed fans (we're planning a movie showing together) and have found lots of other older "closet" Twilight readers. I have a new job now so I'm working on getting some folks at my new job to read as well.

I tried to get my mother to read them seeing as she is a librarian but she got enough from me to know how to reccomend it. One of her co-workers, actually the YA Lit programmer, read them all and didn't really like them. To each their own but we have a lot of fun discussing why we like it and don't.
Banner by the wonderful emaleth from Vesperarium Thanks!
Serenity Volturi
Settled in Forks

Post by Serenity Volturi »

I've converted 4 people into the "Twilight Side".

-First person is my dear friend Khrisna when I purchased the first 3 books for her.
-The second person is my cousin Maritza. She's 32 and she's the coolest person I've introduced the books to!
-The third is my little cousin Joselyn who's 11 (the youngest person I've converted), and she's just looooves Edward!
-The last person is my doll Mara from church who just read Twilight and is intent on reading more!

That's it for me! I hope I have this much convincing power when I go on my mission! Hahahahahaha

^_^ Serenity Volturi XOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXO
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

Got some of my cousins to read the books and now they can't seem to put them down.....lol....yeah that tends to happen with the twilight saga.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I got my mummy to read them, and we convinced all of her friends at church (they have a flowering clique!) to read them, and now they all love them, and we got their daughters to read them, so now practiaclly every girl in my ward Mia Maid and up has read them, plus half the moms!
And at school, myself, and two other friends started a near cult-like obsession of Twilight. Literally, half the girls in the school, and a few guys, have read them. And yet, none of them are as obsessed as I am.
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I got my older sister and best friend to read Twilight.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I got my best friend to read it! :D
ColormeBSG
edwardspet
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardspet »

I have infected several people. Twilight was given to me by my neice. I then passed it to 3 people at work - who have all finished the series. The Twilight Saga is highly infectious. Noone that I know has stopped at one book. It is unfortunate that we are held at 4, for the time being. Oh, where is my Midnight Sun?
Hayden Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Hayden Cullen »

I converted one of my friends to Twilight over the summer. :3

She asked me if it was normal to develop an obsession with a fictional character (Edward) in four chapters.
ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

I gave my auntie a lend of Twilight in July. She has 5 kids so I wasn't expecting her to read it very fast but she rang me the next day to tell me she loved it and was halfway through! She's just started Breaking Dawn now so we can have indepth conversations soon! She likes Twilight best.

I tried to get my brother to read it too. I just told him it was about vampires and werewolves but as soon as he realised it was a love story he stopped. Oh well, he is only 13 so maybe he'll try again. My Dad read Twilight too and he thought it was ok. Most of my friends don't really read so I don't think I'll be able to talk them into it. Maybe after they see the movie....
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Krys [Team Werewolf]
Settled in Forks

Post by Krys [Team Werewolf] »

I got the following people to read Twilight:

1. My friend, Lits.
2. My friend, Valerie.
3. My friend, Krizia.
4. My friend, Ismaly.
5. My friend, Ryan.
6. My sister.
7. My mom.
8. My cousin.

And THEN, I still have to convert my friend Zeke and my aunt. xD
Converting people to Twilightism is fun. =)
It's also healthy for the Twilighter soul.
If you don't have someone to discuss Twilight with you'll 'splode.
Trust me, I lost a friend that way. *moment of silence*
>w<
okay, I'm just getting silly now.