Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Openhome »

Yeah, I got that too. And I have complained on almost every other thread that neither the epiphany nor the blasphemy line. I really wanted those lines.
The movie did a great job of making Jacob real and making Bella's choice seem all that more impossible. That part I loved about the movie.
Jules, you can have Jacob for your daughter, but I get Seth for mine. Deal?
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Openhome wrote:Jules, you can have Jacob for your daughter, but I get Seth for mine. Deal?
Deal!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Ladies!
The movie didn't change my feelings toward Jacob and Edward. I still love them both. However, I still believe that true love made the decision for Bella when she went with her heart and chose Edward. But, it still tears my heart out for Jacob. The movie just amplifies things 100 times.
However...the movie has sent me into orbit for Taylor Lautner. I like him before...I love him now!
I never have been a huge RPatz fan, but I do have a renewed extremely strong like for him.
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Una - thanks for the link :D it really helped.

Cullengirl - The movie just made me appreciate Jacob more. Taylor Lautner did a really great job acting the part. But for me, Edard will always be the same in my head. I will always be Team Edward. But I might just be able to give Jacob chances. Even though I felt very happy for him in Breaking Dawn, but it just made me appreciate his character more.
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Girls!
Happy Saturday to all!
Cleaning house, doing laundry, and going Christmas shopping afterwhile!
It snowed in Alabama last night!
Have a great day! :D
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday Wingtear!

Snow in Alabama?! I used to live in Houston/Galveston, TX. They got snow yesterday. A few years ago we had a full on snow storm in Galveston. We decided that it was "snowing in hell" (because Galveston is sooo hot/mild wintered, and maybe some other things :twisted: ).
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Birthday Wintergear!!
I hope you set some sleep as a gift!
Hi BAC! Haven't heard from you in a while. Are you busy enough yet? :lol:
I'm about to need a time warp to get everything done. Or a clone. A clone could be fun.
I think Texas got more snow than we did, but we do have some now. Finally! :roll:

By the way THIS is officially when hell froze over:
http://access.nscpcdn.com/gallery/i/w/w ... egas00.jpg
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Thanks!

The B-day was OK, sleep I get, just in very scarce portions at a time ;) unfortunately the feeding don't work as great as I thought it would, so we're giving formula as well, and that's not really to my liking. Now we're trying something they recommended, but it just means we give more formula and I really don't feel comfortable with it.

Today is our Independence Day :mrgreen: here in Finland. As a kid I loved it, it always meant I could stay at home playing with my new toys the day after my birthday :roll: Funny how the priorities change...

Openhome, officially hell froze over a few years back, when Lordi (and with them Finland) won the "European Song Contest" in 2006. I'll quote (and translate) a popular piece of text that's been circulating for many, many years prior to the millennium:
+15°C
Varmare än så här blir det inte i Finland, så vi börjar här; spanjorerna tar på sig mössor, vinterjackor och handskar. Finnarna solar.
+59°F
It don't get warmer than this in Finland; the Spanish suit up in hats, coats and mittens. The Finns work on their tan.

+10°C
Fransmännen försöker förgäves starta upp centralvärmen i sina hus. Finnarna planterar blommor i trädgården.
+50°F
The French unsuccessfully try to start up the central heating in their homes. The Finns are planting flowers in the garden.

+5°C
Italienska bilar vägrar att starta. Finnarna cruisar i cab.
+41°F
Italian cars refuse to start. The Finns cruise in convertibles.

0°C
Destillerat vatten fryser. Vattnet i finlands sjöar, älvar och åar blir lite tjockare.
+32°F
Destilled water freeze. The water in the lakes, rivers and streams of Finland thickens a little.

-5°C
I Kalifornien håller folk på att förfrysa. Finnarna har årets sista grillparty före vintern.
+23°F
The people in California are freezing to death. The Finns have their last barbecue before winter.

-10°C
Engelsmännen sätter på värmen i sina hus. Finnarna tar på sig en långärmad tröja.
+14°F
The Englishmen turn on the heating in their homes. The Finns start wearing long sleeved sweaters.

-20°C
Australierna flyr från Thailand. Finnarna slutar fira midsommar, hösten har kommit.
-4°F
The Aussies move to Thailand. The Finns stop celebrating midsummer, fall is here.

-30°C
I Grekland dör folk av kyla och försvinner från jordens yta. Finnarna börjar torka tvätt inomhus.
-22°F
In Greece, people are dying from the cold and disappearing from the surface of earth. The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40°C
I Paris spricker hus sönder av kylan. Finnarna köar vid korvkiosken.
-40°F
In Paris, houses crack from the cold. The Finns stand in line at the hot dog stand.

-50°C
Isbjörnarna börjar evakuera Nordpolen. Finska armen flyttar vinterns överlevnadskurs till senare i väntan på riktigt vinterväder.
-58°F
The polar bears start evacuating the north pole. The Finnish army move their winter survival bootcamp to later in the year, waiting for real winter weather.

-60°C
Jultomtens Korvatunturi förfryser. Finnarna hyr video och stannar inne.
-76°F
Santa's home freezes over. The Finns rent a video and stay indoors.

-70°C
Den falska jultomten flyttar söderut. Finnarna blir frustrerade eftersom det inte går att lagra Koskenkorva utomhus. Finska armén drar ut på vinterns överlevnadskurs.
-94°F
The fake Santa move south. The Finns get frustrated because they can't store Koskenkorva outdoors. The Finnish army goes on their winter survival bootcamp.

-183°C
Mikroberna i maten överlever inte. De finska korna klagar över att mjölkarnas händer känns kalla.
-297.4°F
Microbes in food cannot survive. The Finnish cows are complaining about the farmer's hands being cold.

-273°C
ALL atombaserad rörelse avstannar. Finnarna börjar säga till varandra "Perkele, vad kallt det känns ute i dag".
-459.4°F
ALL atom based movement stops. The Finns start saying "Damn, it's could outside today".

-300°C
Helvetet fryser till is. Finland vinner Melodifestivalen.
-508°F
Hell freezes over. Finland wins the European Song Contest.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
missp

Post by missp »

Snow is all gone!!!! :D :D About to get ready for church this morning, but wanted to drop my hashers a howdy first! Didn't make it to New Moon yesterday. :( The withdrawals are definitely setting in! I might check on the matinee today. But, I still have so much shopping to do! ARG!!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Wingtear, I love that list, it is hysterical!

After living in Texas for almost 10 years I haven't been in terribly cold weather. I am having to readjust to cold and snow now that I am in Missouri. However, it is nothing compared to the 8 years I lived in Utah. How did I become such a wimp in the cold?!!!
by Laniyeah on photobucket