Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alyssa519
Settled in Forks

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by alyssa519 »

me too! that would make my xmas! lol

personally, i thought the movie was gonna be terrible bc the first one was. i loved the book twilight, and i thought they ripped it apart in the movie. but new moon was really good! they really kept to the book and they didnt leave anything out.

I thought the fight scene in Volterra was a stretch though. Like, after seeing how good alice was at fighting in the eclipse book, she just stands there with only demetri with one hand on her while edwards about to get killed. Oh, and that's another thing, I thought that fight was a bit of a stretch too. but i guess they needed a little more action in italy for the movie. at least they clearly gave edward no chance. it would have totally defeated the purpose if he was actually a good match for felix lol

but over all, loved it!
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Going to see it again tonight for the 3rd time. Gah, cannot wait!!!! I will try not to cry this time during the Jacob/Bella scenes, It'll be hard though!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

funkidiva wrote:It would have been great if the DVD was released just before Christmas as would make a perfect gift for so many... Did someone say it is due to be released in March next year?
It is normal for a movie hit like that to take a while before it comes out on dvd.
Like Harry Potter the last movie took half a year before you could get it on dvd..
I don't think New Moon will take that long because of the period the need for the build up towards Eclipse.
you can't say to the fans wel the New Moon dvd is coming out after the premiere of eclipse...
but they will use it to promote Eclipse some my guess is the end of March because it has been in theatres then for around 4 months and it will be then a bit less then 4 months till Eclipse....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
emory
Settled in Forks

Post by emory »

Just saw the movie for the second time and I have to say I enjoyed it much more this time. Some of the things I thought were initially left out or weren't spoken correctly were actually in the movie. So here are my impressions. I thought the opening dream sequence and the inclusion of the Oct-Nov-Dec montage were great. They were done tastefully along with most of the other "necessary" book to screen edits. I didn't mind the editing of Harry's heart attack as I think it flowed real well. Plus that entire sequence set to Thom Yorke was absolutely amazing. The cinematography of that sequence was really well done, I like how you could briefly see the wolf pack fighting with each other. I do miss the inclusion of Bella and Alice's airplane conversations as that was one of my favorite parts of New Moon. I think it's really the beginning of her finding out what it will take to become a vampire and Alice telling Bella things that Edward is holding back from her. The overall pace of the movie was just right and didn't drag on too long or feel too constricted. The acting was much better and everyone either improved from their role in Twilight or got the character dead on. It's rather funny, but every secondary character is brought to life perfectly. I think Edwards character was a little bit too depressing in tone and dialog for me, but it wasn't that bad. The whole pea coat look kind of reminded me of Frankenstein. The only thing I thought that wasn't translated too well was the last 5 minutes or so, the dialog didn't do much justice to the book. Jacob seemed much more shocked when he realizes that Bella actually wants to be like Edward. I think if you've read the books then this movie is as good as you can get given the overall size of the novel, if you have only watched the movies then I think you aren't going to be able to fill in enough of the blanks to get the full experience, either way well done, can't wait for Eclipse.
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

I have sen the movie 3x now and each time it is better. I love the way they link each book together. You get TW flashbacks, NM, of course, and glimpses of EC and BD. :D
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

emory wrote:I didn't mind the editing of Harry's heart attack as I think it flowed real well. Plus that entire sequence set to Thom Yorke was absolutely amazing. The cinematography of that sequence was really well done, I like how you could briefly see the wolf pack fighting with each other.
Yep I think after watching this bit a couple times, I really really like it. It is filmed so well, and the song is just perfect for it. Very well done!!

I have to say I really love the fight sequence at the end. You can feel Edwards determination to protect Bella, and you can hear in Kristen's voice of the pain that Bella is feeling when she thinks Edward is going to lose. Excellent!!!

I proper loved loved loved it!!!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

Did everyone notice that the cover art on Bella's paperback copy of "Romeo and Juliet" is a scene of the St. Marcus Day festival at Volterra?
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

twilightnewbie wrote:Did everyone notice that the cover art on Bella's paperback copy of "Romeo and Juliet" is a scene of the St. Marcus Day festival at Volterra?
Yeah I did... the second time I saw the movie.... wonder why they did it....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

marielle wrote:
twilightnewbie wrote:Did everyone notice that the cover art on Bella's paperback copy of "Romeo and Juliet" is a scene of the St. Marcus Day festival at Volterra?
Yeah I did... the second time I saw the movie.... wonder why they did it....
Foreshadowing. ;)
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

After seeing it twice & thinking about & digesting it, I thoroughly enojoyed this movie. They did such a good job staying true to the book. The only complaint I have is that I wish more time had been given to Edward telling Bella the truth. (It just seemed really short & rushed to me.) Its such a great chapter in the book & Edward has some beautiful lines here. I don't think it would have hurt them to have 5 more minutes & have his explanation in there. (They didn't even mention how he WAS trying to protect Bella by tracking Victoria. It's like he just left & went to Brazil, was the country I think the one shot of him was in, and doing nothing.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson