General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Vampires of the World

Post by Destani »

The introduction of the vampires around the world was one of my favorite parts of Breaking Dawn. I loved Benjamin's and Zafrina's powers. I really loved Alistair and I want to know more about him.

If I could be a part of any coven, I think I'd choose the Amazon coven. I would love to live in that part of the world and the Amazon vampires really intrigued me. They seemed really bonded for a non-vegetarian coven and that makes me wonder about their relationship...are they sisters or something more?
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

CantBreathe wrote:
Le-Petit-Mort wrote:Someone in the Breaking Dawn- I didn't like it thread brought up an interesting point. If the Cullens knew all these fancy foreign covens, why didn't they call them up when the newborns were going to attack in Eclipse? :? :x :|
I think they pretty much thought they had it covered between themselves and the wolves plus they didn't have much time to spend running around trying to track down all these nomadic vampires. But also, as in Breaking Dawn, I don't think they wanted to go out of their way asking for people to fight with them.
This is an excelent question!

To be honest I found all the vampire covens, with a few exceptions, quite hesitant when it comes about a battle. Even Peter and Charlotte, who were pretty close to Jasper didn't really wanted to get involved in a struggle. Not because they are a bunch of cowards, but they seemed to me pretty too much concerned with the structure of their covens. Loosing members to Volturi seems to be a constant corncern. "cough"Bejamin"cough"

But try to picture in Eclipse a huge group of vampires arriving Forks. The werewolves/shapeshifters would have freaked. They wouldn't have accepted this kind of intervention. So, I believe, the story was developed the way it suppose to be. The shape-shifters became allies, instead of enemies.
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

Lunna-san wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:
Le-Petit-Mort wrote:Someone in the Breaking Dawn- I didn't like it thread brought up an interesting point. If the Cullens knew all these fancy foreign covens, why didn't they call them up when the newborns were going to attack in Eclipse? :? :x :|
I think they pretty much thought they had it covered between themselves and the wolves plus they didn't have much time to spend running around trying to track down all these nomadic vampires. But also, as in Breaking Dawn, I don't think they wanted to go out of their way asking for people to fight with them.
This is an excelent question!

To be honest I found all the vampire covens, with a few exceptions, quite hesitant when it comes about a battle. Even Peter and Charlotte, who were pretty close to Jasper didn't really wanted to get involved in a struggle. Not because they are a bunch of cowards, but they seemed to me pretty too much concerned with the structure of their covens. Loosing members to Volturi seems to be a constant corncern. "cough"Bejamin"cough"

But try to picture in Eclipse a huge group of vampires arriving Forks. The werewolves/shapeshifters would have freaked. They wouldn't have accepted this kind of intervention. So, I believe, the story was developed the way it suppose to be. The shape-shifters became allies, instead of enemies.
Meh. I guess that does make sense. :roll:
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

i loved the world vampires
my favorites?
Zafrina, Garrett, Tanya nad Maggie.
But my absolute favorites were the romanians, they were hilarious and crack me up everytime
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

zafrina was definitely one of my favorite vampires, ben was probably another one of my favorites, i really liked all the vampires other even more super-natural powers, i think stephenie meyer was very creative when it came to all of the extra talents =).
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

In the Twilight universe it only makes sense that there are vampires all over the globe; hence the word "nomads." The other day I was musing about the nomads and wondered to myself what they actually did with their time. Think about it. Awake 24 hours a day, don't have a home structure to keep them tied to any one location, don't really have relational support systems to keep them grounded to any one group of "others." Made me wonder what they DO with themselves all day, every day. Besides the obvious when there is a pair of them staying together (i.e., feeding, loving), how would a nomad indulge and pursue interests for any length of time without some kind of home base from which to operate? I feel silly even contemplating such things about fictional environments and imaginary characters, but it seems to me that the overall boredom would add to the dangerousness of nomads. After all, everyone has experienced eating out of sheer boredom. No wonder Laurent was intrigued wit the lifestyle.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
lostriceballs
Settled in Forks

Post by lostriceballs »

I believe vampires should not sparkle... they also should be drinking blood...
TwilightMaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMaiden »

pixiealice wrote:I have been a vampire lover for years. When the call went out for witnesses, and we were introduced to a lot of new vampires, I was in heaven. I love Garrett...being a nomad and meeting Kate and dedicating himself to learning a new way of life to be with her? Who says vampires have no souls?

I loved the Amazon vampire (who'd have thunk vampires in the Amazon?) But the Romanians take the cake for me. True to form vampires based on old myths and legends, where we all at one time thought vampires existed. Bitter, feisty, old, revengeful vampires. I hope they get their revenge on the Volturi!!
Here, here!!
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

My favorite vampire covens besides the Cullens Olympic Coven would probabaly be the Amazon Coven and the Romanian Coven. I love those guys!! But Zafrina is so awesome oh I don't know, one of those two covens.
ImageImageImage
twilight_luva_4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by twilight_luva_4eva »

Cullen_Lover wrote:My favorite vampire covens besides the Cullens Olympic Coven would probabaly be the Amazon Coven and the Romanian Coven. I love those guys!! But Zafrina is so awesome oh I don't know, one of those two covens.
AGREED!