Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Heavenly Hash--a thread for the "older" Twilight crowd

Post by Openhome »

Wintergear - that was hilarious! We have something similar that makes its rounds here in Wisconsin as well. The last one for us is "-150 Floridians freeze solid and Wisconsinites turn on the heat."
We only have had a little snow so far, but the temps all last week topped out in the 20's. I sent my kids out as much as possible, because we will soon be in the single digits and then much lower. They don't close the schools here until it is below -35. Kids go out for recess until it is -10. Our blood runs thick.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Happy Belated Birthday Wingtear!

Hope you had a GREAT day!!

I loved the "snowing in hell" picture! And the Finland cold vs warm! I've seen something similar for Canada versus Americans. It was funny!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
xhopeonaropex
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Happy Belated Birthday Wingtear!!!

Sorry I'm late with the birthday wishes. I hope you had a fantabulous birthday with your loved ones. Wishing you many more wonderful birthdays to come in your life

xoxo

Hope
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Happy Belated Birthday, Wingtear!
Openhome wrote: They don't close the schools here until it is below -35. Kids go out for recess until it is -10. Our blood runs thick.
*Sigh* I know that feeling too well. The school will only shut down if the maintanece crew can't come out and shovel the snow before school comes out. It was open even in the record of below several degrees below zero. I've been living in Chicago for all of my life and I still can't get use to the weather here. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

BRRRR.....You girls are freezing me to death with all the frigid weather discussion. Thank Goodness we only have snow every once in a decade or so. I am such a southern girl! I don't like the cold. Give me hot and humid any day!

:D I did make it to see New Moon for the FOURTH time on Sunday. It just gets better and better!!

Crazy week so far! Can't wait for some down time during winter/Christmas break!
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hi girls!!

I shouldn't be complaining myself, I live in La which is usually very warm, but today I felt like Hell froze over. It was cold air that you would freeze if you weren't covered up warmly. I went to have lunch at Sizzler and I froze my butt inside. I'm usually used to cold weather cuz I lived in Lebanon for 5 yrs and when it's winter we have floods and snow. But for some reason i still can't handle the cold, although I'm kinda glad for the first time that summer is over (it was too long this year)

Anyways I bought the Twilight DVD Borders exclusive today but I was charged wrong so I'm gonna fix it up tomorrow and watch it. I also bought the parody for Twilight called Nightlight. The Harvard Lampoon worte it and it is ridicoulously funny. THe names and characters crack me up. Bella Swan is Belle Goose. Edward Cullen is Edwart Mullen. :lol: Bella is stuck up and proud, while Edward is a computer nerd who hates girls. It's cracking me up. You guys should read it.

Anyways I can't stay long, my medicine keeps making me drowsy and I can't stay up for long.

Much love
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

They actually closed the schools! I can't believe it!
Of course we have white out conditions and a blizzard going on, but everyone thought we would still be going in today! :D
Last night, in -5 degree, 45 mph winds and snow, we held out winter concert for my youngest daughter. It was wonderful until we had to drive home. The wind was so strong and the roads so slick that they blew a sedan in front of us OFF THE ROAD. Of course, he was going way to fast. I know it's not very nice of me, but it was cool to watch it slide. Several of us stopped to help, and a parent in a 4x4 truck had a wench, so it all turned out OK.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Openhome: That is terrifying! I'm the scaredy cat who wouldn't go any where near the roads. Thankfully, most of the snow that fell happened when I was at home. It was the heavy, wet snow, but it was pretty to watch. The sky had a nice orange tint to it. The winds were strong. There's about an inch or 2 of snow on the ground, but most of it has been melting.

Hope: I've heard of that book several times now, which means that I need to pick it up.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
xhopeonaropex

Post by xhopeonaropex »

Hey guys

Sorry I've been away. I'm not gonna be around for a bit. My cousin died Sunday night. He was 30 and we were close since I spent alot of time growing up visiting his place. I'm not in a good place right now and I'm gonna be MIA for a bit. I love you guys.

<3
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

xhopeonaropex wrote:Hey guys

Sorry I've been away. I'm not gonna be around for a bit. My cousin died Sunday night. He was 30 and we were close since I spent alot of time growing up visiting his place. I'm not in a good place right now and I'm gonna be MIA for a bit. I love you guys.

<3
Hope~~So sorry for your loss! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Happy Saturday, hashers!! Finally...Christmas Break! I am officially NOT on teaching duty until January 5th!!! Going shopping for ME today. Everything else is done done done!! :D