Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by SenorGimp »

Okay, Speculate on THIS?

What if Jacob hadn't imprinted on Renesmee, and had just killed her and Rosalie right after she was born?
sorry that's so dark...
I'm in a state right now...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Dark indeed!

I imagine that Jacob wouldn't live much longer after killing them.

And without Renesmee, Aro would have had to find another thing to challenge the Cullens with... wonder what that would have been...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Yes, and likely would have culminated in a war between the Cullens and the pack(s), which basically would have been the end of the supernatural in Forks, although I assume that probably a few of the werewolves would have Shapeshifters would have survived since they outnumber the Cullens...
But then, with no more vamps in the area, maybe they would have reverted to "normal", anyway..
Yes, it would be a very tragic end of the story, so I'm glad it didn't happen that way..
I don't have any good ideas about what to speculate on, but I thoroughly enjoy speculation, so if someone has anything to offer up which I can put my two cents in on, I would be much obliged!
Thanks!
~SenorGimp~
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Speculate this...what if Edward didn't save Bella in time when they were in Phoenix...what if she turned into a vampire then and there. :shock: :o
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:Yes, and likely would have culminated in a war between the Cullens and the pack(s), which basically would have been the end of the supernatural in Forks, although I assume that probably a few of the werewolves would have Shapeshifters would have survived since they outnumber the Cullens...
But then, with no more vamps in the area, maybe they would have reverted to "normal", anyway..
Yes, it would be a very tragic end of the story, so I'm glad it didn't happen that way..
I don't have any good ideas about what to speculate on, but I thoroughly enjoy speculation, so if someone has anything to offer up which I can put my two cents in on, I would be much obliged!
Thanks!
~SenorGimp~
Gimp~ first, give my Cullens a little credit. IF there was a battle, I don't think either side would have been decimated completely. But, I also am not completely convinced a battle would have erupted. Think about it. The pack, with Sam's guidance, had pretty much accepted that Bella was going to be turned. It was only Renesmee that they didn't approve of. And, in this scenario, she is dead, threat over. Edward would have immediately taken Bella and run for it, thought it would have tortured him to leave his family. But, Bella was ALWAYS his priority and he had to protect her. Yes, the Cullens, probably Emmett, would have killed Jake for his attack on Ness and Rose. But, that also would buy them just a bit of time. Remember, Jake was acting on his own and had cut himself off from the pack. It would have taken time for the pack to learn about his death. Leah might have attacked outright. She was always looking for an excuse. But, she would be no match for 5 pissed off vampires. Seth, I don't think, would have attacked. He liked the Cullens, particulrly Edward, and would not have agreed to any action of Jake's that harmed them. So, again, you are left with a possible delayed attack. But, in truth, I don't know that the attack really comes. The pack had learned to trust the Cullens, again only threatened by Renesmee. I see Seth going to Sam, explaining what happened in it's entirety, showing them all through the pack link. Sam might decide to attack, to avenge his brother. But, in the interest of the pack, he might also decide that Jacob knew the risk he was taking, took action on his own. The threat to the tribe is clearly removed. The Cullens would leave immediately, follow Edward and Bella. So, in the end, again, the battle is averted.
edward x lover wrote:Speculate this...what if Edward didn't save Bella in time when they were in Phoenix...what if she turned into a vampire then and there. :shock: :o
Well, let's assume that Edward still rips James to shreds, cause that's just the way it would be. I see Bella as being a wilder newborn, harder to control and teach. But, in the end, Edward loved her and she loved Edward. the path would certainly be harder for Bella, and probably for Edward, too, since he would not have the time he had to be okay with her becoming a vampire. But, in the end, they are still soul mates who get to live out forever together.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

A new subject for speculation...

Something occurred to me while watching the film today.

In book Volterra, in that moment when Aro tries to read Bella's thoughts, the look on Edward's face is described as "smug" and that's all we really see of him in that moment. In film Volterra, in the same moment, there seems to be a little... wistfulness... on Edward's face. That got me to thinking... That was, at that time anyways, Edward's one and only shot at getting a glimpse into Bella's mind, given that he could be reading her thoughts through Aro's if it worked.

It made me think. Do you think Edward was disappointed that he did not get that brief glimpse into Bella's thoughts? What might his reaction have been?
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

^^ I think that Edward's protectiveness would have overridden his strong desire to see Bella's mind. As we have seen throughout the saga, there is nothing he will not do to protect Bella. At Volterra, Aro being able to read Bella's mind would have meant that Jane and Demetri's power would work on her too. And that was something he didn't want to happen because his plan of hiding Bella when the Volturi came to inspect necessitated her being immune to Demetri's talent.

I sincerely believe that ensuring Bella's safety is foremost on his mind, overriding all desires.

Just my two cents. :)
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I would have to agree with BHM here, in that Edward would do anything to avoid Bella being caused any pain.
He certainly wouldn't subject her to the whims of Aro just to catch a glimpse into her mind, although it certainly would be tempting, he would no doubt rather die himself a million times over than let her, for one slight instant, suffer the most infinitesimal amount of pain...
but I think it would have been cool if he could have seen her thoughts through Aro's, that would have made for an interesting "the-plot-thickens" sort of moment...
With love to all
~SenorGimp~
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:I would have to agree with BHM here, in that Edward would do anything to avoid Bella being caused any pain.
He certainly wouldn't subject her to the whims of Aro just to catch a glimpse into her mind, although it certainly would be tempting, he would no doubt rather die himself a million times over than let her, for one slight instant, suffer the most infinitesimal amount of pain...
but I think it would have been cool if he could have seen her thoughts through Aro's, that would have made for an interesting "the-plot-thickens" sort of moment...
With love to all
~SenorGimp~
Gimp~ I'm assuming you are referring to the pain of embarassment or discomfort she might have felt over him knowing her thoughts? We have no reason to believe that Aro's thought reading caused any pain in his subjects. But, we also know that there were times Bella wished he could read her mind.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I guess I am referring to what BHM implied by saying that if Aro could read her thoughts then that meant that Jane's power would have worked on her, and Demetri would have been able to find her with his, etc.
Just a fleeting observation, I don't ever have enough time to actually say anything of value on here, since I only get 1 hour at the library on the computer, and about 45 minutes of that is spent checking emails, facebook, myspace, and PMs, so I never have enough time to construct a post of much worth, like the ones I used to spend hours on all day, posting all over this dang forum...
Too bad, but eventually I will be out of... where I'm at, and will have access to a computer that does NOT limit my time in using it, and then you will see a resurgence of worthwhile posts from me, and hopefully a little less of the obscurity I have been reduced to expressing due to my vexing time restraints.
Looking forward to it!
Much Love
~SenorGimp~

PS
PM me sometime JazzGirl, I miss talking to you.
You were always one of my "favorites" (cringes at the use of such a word) on here, and I would love to chat with you again sometime.
See ya