Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lady4string

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by lady4string »

I agree that she's a good actress and did a great job with totally understanding the role, but I don't understand why CH cast a tan brunette as a pale blonde. It doesn't do Nikki or the part justice although her wig in NM did help since she at least didn't have roots. I love NR and can't wait to see her in non-Twilight related roles. :)
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

It's hard to reach a definite conclusion about Nikki as Rosalie at this point, since her biggest parts in the series are yet to come. She had a fairly small presence in Twilight, but I thought she did a nice job of getting the character established. The glare she gives Bella at the baseball game (when she's called out), crunching the salad bowl, etc., did a lot to convey Rosalie's antagonism towards Bella and her general attitude. In New Moon, she's barely there; Rosalie has two significant speeches in the book, which the script somewhat clumsily splices into one speech in the vote scene. I wasn't blown away by how Nikki handled that scene, but it seemed to me that Chris Weitz was giving the whole scene the rush treatment, so I give her a pass for that one. I'll be looking forward to seeing how she handles Rosalie's big moment in Eclipse (assuming that it makes it into the movie in recognizable form).

It's easy to say that Nikki doesn't measure up to the way Rosalie is described in the books. Rosalie is portrayed in the books as this absolutely breathtaking, unattainable beauty; I think it's fair to say that Nikki, while quite attractive, doesn't really have that unearthly quality. But does anyone else have it, either? If you consider actresses who are reasonably age-appropriate, and who would be realistic prospects for the role (e.g., forget about Scarlett Johannson), is there anyone who really has the kind of screen presence to live up to the image of Rosalie in the books? I've suggested that the only actress, ever, who could have really given a satisfactory Rosalie visually would have been Grace Kelly.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I agree... Nikki barely played in Twilight and New Moon... she had at the most 10 lines in Twilight and two scenes in New Moon..She never had the chance to really prove herself as an actress... I'd like to judge her acting after Eclipse...
BUT... I never liked Rosalie as a charecter... not at all... And I don't like Nikki either... not because of her acting skilles... because I know her history and because I don't like her personality from what I've seen....
And Rosalie is suppossed to be breath taking.... And Nikki is not in that category... I think she is pretty but I also think that Ashely Greene is prettier... Rosalie is suppossed to be the prettiest person alive...so beautiful... and Nikki is not there...
And I don't get why they took a bruntte to play a blonde... the wig and color in both movies were terrible!
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
cantfightaneclipse
Settled in Forks

Post by cantfightaneclipse »

I think that Nikki Reed is good for Rosalie's temper but I expected someone with outstanding beauty, while Nikki Reed is gorgeous she doesn't quite cut it for my exceptations. I've grown quite used to her as Rosalie and although I don't think she is as beautiful as Stephenie Meyer made her out to be I can't quite picture any one else as Rosalie.
J<3B
The clouds I can handle, but I can't fight with an eclipse." -Jacob Black
[img]http://www.mybannermaker.com]http://i.imgur.com/5tsZM.gif[/img]
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

I am halfway with with liking Nikki as Rose.

People are saying that with the small amount of time we've seen her so far she hasn't had enough chance to prover herself. I disagree. I think that being able to play a minor character well is very important in an actor. It's hard to be able to embody and deliver a character with little time in front of the camera. So I give credit here to Nikki for being able to put forth such a great portrayal of Rosalie. Every time we see her she is putting forth what gives Rose her character to me. The scowls and glares, looking very confident with the knowledge that she is the most beautiful girl around. When she does address Bella she brings the appropriate resentment that us readers know of. So playing the minor character her acting provides Rosalie for all the audience to understand.

What fails her I think is that physically I don't think she suits the roll. I acknowledge the difficulty of living up to the description from the books. But there are certain things that could have been found in other actors that Nikki doesn't bring. Rose is supposed to be this tall, lean, breathtaking girl with long blonde hair. I apologise for this coming off as mean but Nikki's body isn't tall and lean. The choice of casting a brunette was interesting but I think that shouldn't hold film makers back these days.
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Yes Nikki was good for the role, and smokin' hot as well.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I think NIkki does a great job for such a small part. About her needing to be skinny. I don't agree with it. She looks healthy.
Banner by TammyAZ
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I agree with you... I don't thinks she needs to be skinny... I never imagined Rose skinny too...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

I loves me some thin women and she fit the bill.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Does anyone else think that Nikki looks like a young Cindy Crawford? She's prettier as Nikki than as Rosalie.

Cindy:
http://sportsroids.com/wp-content/uploa ... awford.jpg

Nikki:
http://www.twilight-movie-fan.com/images/nikkireed.jpg

The mole is just on the opposite side. lol!