So You Think You Can Dance

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Post by skylarblue »

I'm so glad that all the auditions/Vegas week are done. Now we can move on to the show.

So, next week there will be two airings. Fist on Monday, which I think is just a pre-show kind of thing and Tuesday, is the first of the competitions.

Can you guys believe that that one girl turned down her top 20 placement because she got a movie contract. I wonder why she waited till the end to tell them? Don't you think she knew before they picked the top 20 and could have said something before hand so maybe if she did another girl would have been picked other then the spot going to the last ballroom girl?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

^^ Maybe she did tell them earlier but the editors just cut and pasted it onto the end.

Yeah, I'm really excited for the competition, I think they do so much better on there than in Vegas week or the auditions.

And what was up with Mia's hair? I always thought it was pretty and she shaved it off? Was there a reason? Does anyone know? :?

Ali :D
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

um, for Cancer? Remember Ade and Melissa's Cancer routine, and Mia teared up because I think her dad died from cancer... :?

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Well, I will start off by addressing the situation with Mia's hair. When I first saw her, I was like WTF, I couldn't believe that she shaved her head but in true Mia Michaels form she does go through alot of hair do's but I honestly don't like it. Whether or not it is to support Breast Cancer Awareness month or someone who is suffering, it isn't a look that works for her.

So, now on the the first show. What did everyone think? I was so happy that the judges didn't get rid of Russell, I think he is great and for someone who is a krumper and has no training what-so-ever, he is spectacular.

To be honest, I was really disappointed because in the audition process the top 20 look awesome but on the opening show, they all were pretty bland, I wasn't impressed. I was happy to see that they brought Travis back again as a choreographer (he is awesome) but I wish they would get rid of Nap/Tab (I don't like them) and bring back Shane Sparks full time. Also, I love what Sonya does, she reminds me alot of Mia (doing stuff out of the box).

I hope this will be a great season but of course it will be and I hope that my favorites make it to the top. I'm rooting for the hip-hop/breaker guys. I think they are all great.

Oh one more thing, did you see how they had the empty chair for Paula? I understand how Nigel would like for her to be a guest judge (which is cool) but actually being a choreographer? No offense, she is so back in the day. I wonder if she could actually do something that is modern and relevent to this day? Maybe if they had a category that was 80's video dance.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I am SO hooked to this season!

I just have to say that I was blown away when Ryan told everyone to vote for Ashleigh last night when it was his time to tell America to vote for him! And when he got teared up saying how hard she has worked and that she deserved it... amazing. What an amazing husband!

I am really sad to see Mollee go but I do think her time with Nathan hurt her. There was something about that kid that just didn't sit right with me. I think her waltz with Jakob last night was my favorite routine of the season. Breath taking.

And... I just want to say that I think Jakob should win, hands down! If this show was just about talent, there is no one who comes close to him. I am captivated every time he takes the stage. And he comes across as such a sweet heart.

So... I guess that means I am actually Team Jakob for once! :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Hehe, I'm Team Jakob for once too! :lol:

But Russel won... Which isn't bad, I like him, but Jakob was spectacular... And I agree, Jakob and Mollee's dances were pure awesomeness. *sigh*

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I'm so excited that Russell won. I'm glad that someone who isn't a trained dancer can actually win a show like this against others who have been taking lessons for most of their lives.

There were some great dances and couples this season. It wasn't my favorite season out of them all but I'm glad that we got to see some new choreographers and some different dance styles.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I can't wait for the next season :)
But has anyone seen the episode where the choreographer (whose name I can't remember) who always wears black with the red hair was on What Not To Wear ? :lol: It was on a few days ago, and :lol: I got very excited :lol: She was nominated because her wardrobe was so black, and if you noticed, she's back to the whole black thing again :roll: ;)