Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Post by cullengirl »

Holy Hotness, Batman! :twisted: I really, really hope that rumor is true. Of course we'll have to wait for July or November to come. Ugh, that's waaaay too long! :cry:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

The next book isn't due out until July?? I was hoping for something much sooner!!

Thank you Naureen!!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Fan: Max's book "Bonds of Justice" will be out in July 2010. Indigo's book will be out in November 2010. Hawke's book will be out in 2011! Archangel's Kiss from her Guild Hunter series will be out Feb 2010. So yeah, it's going to be a long wait until we get some P/C action. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

cullengirl wrote:Fan: Max's book "Bonds of Justice" will be out in July 2010. Indigo's book will be out in November 2010. Hawke's book will be out in 2011! Archangel's Kiss from her Guild Hunter series will be out Feb 2010. So yeah, it's going to be a long wait until we get some P/C action. :roll:
If you haven't picked up her Guild Hunter series, I HIGHLY recommend it! The first book is Angels' Blood (Feb 2009). Nalini weaves a fantastic story and her writing is suberb as always (plus, hawt angels!!)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Actually, I just read Angels' Blood and I did enjoy it very much! I'm anxious to see where she takes the series. I saw that you all mentioned the next book in that series comes out in Feb of this yr, too. I'll have to put it on my list of must gets :)

Quick question: for those who have read Angels' Blood...is it important to read the mini-stories in that series or can I do without them? Just curious...

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

The short stories are not critical for the enjoyment of the Guild Hunter Series... Angels' Pawn is about two side characters and the other one that is in Must Love Hellhounds is actually a "prequel" and (forgive me b/c I don't have the book in front of me) Deals with the leader of the Guild - I can't remember her name and how she and her mate hook up. So it's 'in the past." The next book is Archangels' Kiss and it is released on Tuesday Feb. 2
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

I finally got around to reading Dev's book - sorry I had to be so AWOL but I didn't want any spoilers.
Comments (and spoilers abound)
- funny, but I recall there being a complaint about this book being about "just a human" (Dev, leader of Shine) but it turns out he wasn't exactly, he was Forgotten (Psy from the original escape group after Silence)
- I liked the side plot with William (I think that was his name), Dev's nephew or son of a close friend who had powers similar to Judd's (it wasn't that he was not linked to the ShadowNet, it was that his powers were so extremely powerful that without proper training, he could have turned into a killer)
- Noor and Keenan > talk about destined to be together! That their Psy powers work in sync with each other!
- like others, I wasn't going bananas over the book (we've had a lot of women emotionally violated and tortured at the hands of high-ranking Psy Council) but watching Ekaterina / Katya die was a tear-jerker
- nice to have a hero of different ethnic background, but did it have to be constantly reminded with the "spice" and "tiger" references?
- lots of intrigue with the Psy Council ... not sure who is up to what exactly but I'm sure we'll learn more
- liked seeing the others still play a role, like Sascha, Ashaya, etc.
Good to be back on the Lex!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Just curious if anyone has had a chance to read the second book in the Guild Hunter's series?? I haven't picked it up yet so I'm not looking for spoilers but justa general, over-all impression of the book. I was nervous about where she was going to take the story with the way Angels' Blood ended.

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I picked it up but haven't read it yet. I hope to get to it in the next week or so.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Yes, I have read it. I reviewed it on my Shelfari account: Twimom (http://www.shelfari.com/twimom227) - if you are there, look for me.

Overall it was a very good follow up book. If you enjoyed the first book, you will like the second. It's fun to follow Elena as she learns about her new body and new life. The relationship with Raphael grows and is HOT. The plot is pretty good. I gave it 4 of 5. If you want more info, please DM me!