1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
No, I understood he was hunting, but did wonder if there was anything else out there.
2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I thought it was sort of the minor antagonist character the story needed at that point to carry it along, although she did intrigue me and I found all the relationship drama rather entertaining.
3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
Remember I read New Moon before Twilight so I am naturally biased towards him. I was ecstatic that he showed up again in the novel and remember wanting him to stay in as a major character. However, as it is with Twilight, Jacob has to remain minor in order to preserve the contrast between Twilight and New Moon. I understood that his first meeting with Bella had attracted him and by this encounter at First Beach he noticeably has a little crush. This is rather entertaining, and it was interesting to see the base of the relationship that is developed in New Moon.
4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Bella has seen some freaky things in her time at Forks, and given her disposition is much more likely to believe in strange happenings. Jacob, however, has not seen so much, and is young enough that he wants to assert his own intelligence, and thus states his utter disbelief in the tribal legends.
5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I knew they were coming, and had picked up hints throughout Twilight about the possibility, although Stephenie Meyer has said that with the original draft of Twilight there was no intent of a sequel (New Moon) and thus can not truly be considered as foreshadowing, but I found it fascinating nonetheless.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.