1. If Edward had shared Jacob’s thoughts with Bella (when he drops her off at the LaPush boundary line) do you think it would have caused Bella to acknowledge the pain she was causing Jacob and prevented the “Jacob-kiss” from happening?
I kind of doubt it. Bella is kind of selfish about the whole Jake thing and she knows this. She knows that he already feels this way, he just hasn't spoken it to her. She kind of tries to ignore the fact. So no I think she still would have gone. Maybe not at that time, but she still would have gone back.
2. Bella describes in detail why she wants Edward to change her. If she is going to be changed, do you think he wants to be the one to do it?
I think he does. Bella is his life, and he doesn't want anyone else to turn her. If it has to happen he is going to be the one to do it.
3. What can you attribute Bella’s ambivalence about marriage to?
One word: Renee. Her mom has told her that getting married so young is horrible, and a bad choice, and tells Bella NOT to do it. Of course this is going to make Bella unsure of marriage.
4. Bella constantly makes the distinction between the Jacob she likes—her young friend and the bitter werewolf Jacob who “bugs the hell” out of her. What do you think Stephenie’s purpose is in highlighting this throughout the book?
Oooooo..... hard essay questions....... *sigh*
I think that Bella wants to hold on to the part of Jacob that she knew before he changed. She knows that when she becomes a vampire this new jacon will become her mortal enemy. The old jacob maybe she believes would still be accepting of her. I think she just doesn't want to lose the old jacob.
5. Is is shocking that Bella would consider having Edward kill a human in order to gain an advantage in the fight against the newborns?
Not really. True love does crazy things to you. If it takes a human she doesn't know to win the fight and save Edward, she would be all for it. I mean think truthfully about this. If this was you, and someone had to die and it was your choice who, whould you chose the love of your life to die, or someone you didn't know? This is how Bella is thinking right now.