College Life

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heat of the sun
Wandering Through Town

Re: College Life

Post by heat of the sun »

I'm at Boston University. I absolutely love it. Dorming was the best decision I've made. =] It's so much fun! And my classes are cool, but hard and time consuming.
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I'm a student of Computer Science on our local Faculty of Economics and Tourism college. I really like it, especially because I get to live at home. I have classes almost every day, but only 3-4 hours a day.
The_Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Post by The_Lizzie »

Computer Sciences? Really? I work in the computer sciences department at my university (I'm just a work-study) and that sounds fun.

If i didn't like medicine better I SO would've been a computer science major. I'm such a nerd
~o~o~o~ VMT Queen of Boldness & Healthy Sexuality Peer Educator~o~o~o~
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

So computer science is enjoyable? I know it depends on who you are, but I've always been intrigued and wanted to take a Computer Science class, but I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Hey it seems like you guys are interested in Computer Science! Well I've always liked computers, so I liked to study something in that domain! I'm not a nerd though, I still got a lot to learn! But it's very interesting, especially the lab excercizes! I'm currently learning how to make different programs....it's fun!
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I'm in my last year of college. I go to the University of Wyoming and I love it.

For those of you who have never lived in a dorm or never want to, just let me say that I had some of the best times living in a hall. I lived there for 3 years, 2 as an Resident Assistant and I loved being so close to so many friends. I would reccommend that every one live there at least one year.

I'm taking a computer science class right now, its ridculously easy. Of course its only a freshman level class, but its called understanding computers and we learn about microsoft office. I hope all you computer science people get to do more exciting things than me. ;)
The_Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Post by The_Lizzie »

I've always wanted to learn how to create programs and programming and the such. There's a whole group here that work developing and improving Linux. I think that's the Bee's knees. Hahahaha
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Well, this is my second time to college lol. I went to the University of Southern Miss. I finished my freshman year though. I lived in the dorm and had the best time of my life. I also was in a sorority, Pi Beta Phi, and had an amazing time and a lot of amazing memories. Due to a family crisis I had to quit after my freshman year. Now after a year off I am returning to a community college here in Hattiesburg. I'm having to pay my own way this time so no USM again just yet. I go to class 3 days a week 7-12 and work the rest of the week. Even though it's not the same experience of USM (i pretty much lived my life there for a year...sleeping, eating, everything) it's still feels really great to be back in school. And by next year I should be back at my beloved USM!!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

I'm back in college after 12 years of being just "mom." I love being an older student. I have so much more appreciation for what I'm learning. And I have much better study habits. It is hard to balance study, family, and find time for myself *coughplayonthelexcough* but it's getting better. I'm especially loving feeling young again. When I'm on campus, I feel like one of the kids, and I get along great. Although there are some moments when I feel so old, like when I realized one of my instructors is younger than I am. I'm studying Sociology, and just barely getting into it, but I love my classes, and lucked out getting the department chair as my Soc professor.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
The_Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Post by The_Lizzie »

That's good that you're back in school!

My mom did something similar to that actually. She was in college when she got married and then i came along and had to drop out because I used to get sick all the time and me and my dad got chickenpox at the simultaneously. It happens. So, 8 years and 3 kids later she went back and finished school. She got her degree in accounting, while pregnant of my little sister. I didn't understand then, but now that i think about it, i'm very proud of my mommy for going back and finishing.

Now its my duty to finish college. I plan to go to graduate school so i'm a long ways away but if she could do it, then i surely can too.