Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by SethisMine »

I agree, the episode was fantastic! I can't wait for the next one. :D

The Return: Nightfall kind of confuzzled me... It wasn't my favorite... but now I can't wait for the next book to find out how it all turns out.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Yes, they do look very similar. Though you have to keep in mind that VD purposefully tried to get actors that looked like Edward and Bella to promote the TV series. Elena isn't supposed to look like Nina, though I do like Nina as an actress.

Sigh... Paul is definitely more like my vision of Edward then Rob is.... I love Paul. :D
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Yes, Paul is very Edwardish. Just add red hair dye and voila! I guess what I meant here is that the show creators (since Elena is a blonde in the books) went for a Bella type and Nina is very close to how I imagined BS while reading just with longer hair and a little shorter in stature. Since the graphic novel version is pretty much what SM had in her head, Nina is a very close representation of her version of Bella.

PS: a friend's boyfriend works on the set of VD and got to go to a cast party. I need to finagle my way into one of those parties since it's shot locally. :D Per her bf, everyone in the cast is very nice except for the girl who played Vickie.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

It is scary. While I love Nina Dobrev and think she's a great actress, it makes me mad that the VD TV show is so Twilight copyish. I wish they had stuck with the description of the book characters. Stefan isn't really suppose to look like he does either. I think both Paul and Rob are Edwardish in their own ways, but Rob is my Edward.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

in two weeks time, the first episode will be aired in Holland....
we are finaly catching up....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

I've a question for you all. Did you read those books?
And could anyone please tell me what's the first, second, third and so on?

Because I searched on the internet and I didn't really understand.
So I thought, maybe someone here can help me and get me the list.

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening, then the first episode will be broadcast. =D
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

So far, there are 5 books in three different volumes. The first two books are The Awakening and The Struggle, which are in the first volume. The second two are The Fury and The Dark Reunion, which are in the second volume. L.J Smith, the author, is currently working on The Return series; The Return: Nightfall is already published, and it has its own volume. The other two books are coming soon. The Return is pretty much a continuation of the original Vampire Diaries, which were published in the early '90s. In my opinion, The Return: Nightfall was a complete letdown horribly written, and confusing. It was like a bad fanfic, but again, just my opinion.

I hope all that wasn't too confusing.
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

No I totally understand. But I've just one other question.
The return series aren't sequels to the first five books? Because it is called 'the return'.
That's one thing that's a bit unclear.

Thanks again! =D
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

You're welcome. :D

The Return has all of the same characters: Elena, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, Meredith, Matt...They're just on a different adventure. It also involves some weird Japanese twins, snow globes, and magic wings, but I wont get into all that. :roll: I suppose it's called "The Return" because it wasn't part of the original series and was written years after the first VD books. The original series needs to be read first, though. I know some people that read The Return first and they were so lost. The book is confusing enough as it is. But honestly, you don't want me to start ranting about it because once I do, I'll never stop. But yes, to answer your question, The Return is a sequel.