Jadey wrote:"zomg that gurl smellz good"
"hi"
"hello"

*puts hand infront of van*
"how did ju do dat"
"adrenaline, google it"
"kay"

"Bella we shudnt b frendz"

..and it's like.. I wasn't even aware that they were friends.
Everything happens way to fast.
And Catherines like "yeaaa wooo robert pattinsons sooo sexyy wooo i do druggss yeaaaaaaaaaa"
I am currently laughing my wazoo off!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You nailed that choppy dialogue perfectly! I mean they were talking about one thing one second and then the next thing they were in another discussion that had NO relation to anything that had to do with anything.

Has anyone here watched Gilmore Girls? If so, there is an episode in which a character(town nerd) named Curt who made a homemade, black and white film. It was about meeting his girlfriend's parents. Their acting and dialogue was so stilted and terrible it was hysterical. Twilight reminded me of that episode.

Bella: "You have to give me some details here".
Edward: "I feel so protective of you."
Bella: "I love you."
Edward: "Say it!"
Bella: "Umm..I would rather die than live without you" *insert dramatic music*

You get the point. IT WAS THAT BAD!!! :lol:

Dialogue ALL over the place and no where to go. I can only laugh now.
You guys crack me up :lol:
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by Dovrebanen »

^^ I could have fallen of my chair laughing :lol: Jadey, navarre, that was right on. Really. Exactly the way I felt. I mean, we had seen no reason for the extreme quotes, their undying love and devotion. As the appeared in the movie they almost weren't even on speaking terms before the quotes began coming out of their mouths. Just no way to follow the love story.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

*gives bella evil look then runs away*

"hello. you like the rain?"
"phils realli nice"

"bella we shudnt be frendz"

"I doeznt have the strength to stay away"
"kay"

"u iz my drug"

*makes out on bed*

"you iz my life now"

the end.

Agreed with Dov and navarre
There was really no real indication that they loved each other... except for the quotes that didnt really fit in because we werent even bloody aware that they were friends/liked each other.
But towards the end it got a little bit better.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

Yes, I agree. By the way, love your post, Jadey.

The storyline and their supposing 'love' moved way too fast. One minute they were introduced to each other, the other moment they were "I can't without you". And the quotes they said didn't even match in some scenes.

Even my friend who watched Twilight the movie for the first time felt the love story had gone wrong. She thought it was only her who felt that way.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
Sykes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Sykes »

Another thing I didn't like about the Movie was the lack of the Cullens.
In the book we find out about Carlisle's past, we find out that Alice use to be in an asylum; and like Bella had a vampire which liked her. We found out that James tried to hunt Alice (she being the only one to ever get away from him) but the old vampire that liked her changed her before James could drain her blood.
In the book we find out that Esme tried to commit suicide, we also find out about Jasper's ability and he uses it. (of couse we find out about all the Cullens abilitys in the book)
It was so disapointing that the Cullens weren't given the screen time that they should have had :(
I.heart.Christopher.Drew<3
'cause if you jump I will jump too, we will fall together, from the building's ledge never looking back at what we've done, we'll say it was love, cause I would die for you on skyway avenue'
- We The Kings
Dragonfly
Settled in Forks

Post by Dragonfly »

ROFL .... You guys crack me up, but yeah, you totally hit the nail on the head :( I'm used to being disappointed when they turn books into movies so I tried to keep my expectations for this one on the downlow but ouch, this one hurt. There were some things I loved about it though ...

Billy Burke .... I never pictured Charlie as an aging, chubby balding guy at all and I LOVED Billy as Charlie. Even my poor husband who glared at me through most of the movie chuckled about Charlie!

The Cullens .... thought they were all spot-on except Nikki as Rose ... yeah, she just didn't do it for me, haven't put my finger on why though.

Baseball scene ..... AWESOME

Soundtrack .... mostly loved

RP -- must admit to saying "HUH?" when they first cast him but yep, he's my Edward for sure. I have a love affair with the hair :?:

Jacob ... what a sweetheart that TL is.

Locations ... thought they were great.

Stuff I really didn't like .... dialogue ... I spent at least half the movie saying '..... but, but, but, but ....' lack of character development, if I hadn't read the book, I really would have been questioning all of the 'meaningful' looks passing back and forth, and I'll probably be beaten soundly for this one .... Kristen Stewart :( She's an awesome actress and in my head, Bella looks just like her but the stuttering got on my nerves ... I don't know, she just didn't nail Bella for me at all. Could be CH's directing, the choppy dialogue, I don't know but I'm crossing my fingers for NM. And last but not least, the ballet studio fight scene between James and Edward ... sigh.

I still bought the DVD though LOL

DF
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

did anyone, besides me, think that some of the movie could have been saved with some simple narrative by Bella? Like she could a noted the passing of time, "it been a month since etc..." or even help explain some stuff like how his skin felt or why he was so careful with her? For me leaving that out made him (Edward) seem like a cheesy emo douche bag, "I can never loose control with you" , um ok sure, why is that? Would you like me to put on the Cure now so we can pout together?

Anyways, the movie is so kind of bad that in the end people will like it for that and gather together in small hordes to perform it line by line.
Mrs. Mason
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Mason »

I started reading Twilight right before the movie came out. It was recommended to me by a friend. I fell head over heels in love with all four books! I was super excited for the movie to come out... ahh disappointment washed over me. I watched the movie with my husband hoping that he would then understand my obsession with not only Edward but the story in general. Needless to say he was not impressed. I agree that if you had not read the book you would be confused. Edward and Bella hate each other one moment and the next they can not live without each other... how did that happen? I understand that the movie can not be as good as the book...but really give me something. Edward came off as a complete psycho stalker instead of a romantic and a gentleman. If I were Bella in the movie I would be scared that he was going to attack in a seriel killer way. I also hated the skin sparkle scene. It looked like a four year old had gotten into their mom's makeup. I also did not enjoy the story of the "bad vamps" killing people in town. I assume that they did this for entertainment value but I feel as though they could have cut those scenes and added different scenes that were more vital to the story. I only hope that NM is better directed and that there is better plot development.
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

I saw it not expecting much.

I was right.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I know it's a little late to be ringing in on this, but since the movie is showing on Showtime, it's fresh on my mind. It does seem like they meet, and BOOM! they lurve each other when in the books it's a gradual process. Hardwicke or the wardrobe people should have done a better job in showing the different times when they are talking together. The clothing is so similar during the 'convo scenes' after the meadow (don't get me even started on that), that you don't get a feel for the passage of time. I also wish they included Alice's back story with James and Jasper's talent.