The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Hey guys. Well, I’m done trying with the guy from lit class. We have lit together again this semester, same teacher. I tried to sit next to where he’s been sitting since school started two or three weeks ago. I saw him and smiled and he did too, but he went to a different table. I was so disappointed. I went over to my regular seat, hid behind my hair (traditional Bella-like), and just started crying for several minutes. I felt pathetic, but I couldn’t help it. I eventually stopped, and picked up my pen to write down our notes, and focused on the lecture. I’m not nearly as upset as I was last week, but I still have a tiny twinge of disappointment. Oh well. He didn’t answer his Facebook preference anyway, and that’s a dead give away right there. I always fall for the gay ones. I have no problem with them, it just gets frustrating after a while. Aren’t there any straight ones left?

Apparantly one.

Yesterday I got my hair cut, and it’s got layers, framed around/towards my face. It has a swoop of a bang to the left side, wavy, and it’s barely just below my shoulders. I had such long hair before, but I love the way it is now too. Anywho. Today there was a really, really hot older guy who we’ve always acknowledged each other but never really spoken to each other. He sat down on the bench in the hallway and I had my bag beside him and I was coming back from the bathroom. I’d left my bag on the bench he had just sat down at and had to reach and get my bag because he was sitting in on it, and he smiled and apologized. I smiled too and said he was fine. Later when I got on my (5 hour!!!!!!!) break, I went to the library, and he was studying at a table. I sat my stuff down, trying not to disturb him, and a few minutes later he got up to leave because he had to get to his next class. He was like, “Do you need the table?” or something. I said I was fine, I was just setting my stuff down to get lunch. And he said, smiling and winking at me, “Well, you have it now.” I smiled, more than likely blushing which I think he may have liked (or not *shrug*) and said, “Thanks.” So stupid, but oh well. Not to mention I’m wearing a low-cut blouse and I was bending over to dig into my backpack for my lunchbox, and I’m very heavily chested for my age (something I’m very self-concious about). I should’ve been more careful, but part of me still wonders about that... And the thought of THAT makes me blush a little too. Eeeeeek!!!!!!!!! So yeah, you can tell I’ve not dated much at all. :roll: :( I saw him in the hallway when I was going into Lit and we smiled at each other but that was it. He's not in any of my classes, I just see him in the hallway. I was texting one of my friends being very racy, but I couldn't help it, he's that good looking. Haha. But then again, every time I think a guy likes me or was flirting with me I've been wrong just because I hardly have any experience in that area and don't know how to read it. So maybe I'm just imagining it after all. :/

Sorry I didn’t give any advice this time. I’m too tired right now to go back and read all of the previous posts. Again, sorry. I’ll try to get to it when I’ve got more energy.
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Chelseeuh,
I think he may have been casually flirting. Don't get to caught up on it, but enjoy yourself and flirt back next time you see him.

So my non-existant-I'm-making-too-much-of-big-deal-problems,
Well my friendship is going well with Brad. Most days, meaning 99% of the time, I am happy with just that and find my self thinking I could NEVER like Brad more than a friend. That other 1% I think maybe I do and Carol may have a grain of truth in her theory of me liking Brad, but I just don't know. And this mostly occurs when a friend says maybe he likes me, which I find very unlikely, and only lasts awhile before I react and say no that it isn't even possible. So Emma if by any chance you are reading this and ask me about this I will say I don't like him like that and can't even think of that possibility. The other day a friend and I hung out with him and he was suppse to meet Carol and we spent over an hour looking for her on one of college campuses in town. She had called my phone earlier to tell Brad where to meet her and of course he didn't hear clearly and forgot where we were supposed to go. Except Carol thought I was alone with Brad and acted not coldly but not her usual self with me when I saw her later in that day when my mom and I went to the play at school and she was handing out programs. At the time I had no idea why she would act like that, but noticed she was normal after I had asked her where she was after all and mentioned how Brad, our friend, and I had been looking for her. So that's really all that's going on dating related. On a bright note, I've been accepted to the five colleges I applied to including my top choice. =D yay! I am incredibly happy. Now, just to pass Econ to graduate.

EDIT:
Today we got back our final exams for math and well Brad kept asking me what I did for some problems and we were laughing at our dumb mistakes and his more big mistakes that he corrected. After we settle back into our seats we smile at each other and since Carol sits behind him I see her practically glaring at me. I almost have the urge to ask her if she has a problem with me because one moment she's all happy and her usual self and the next she might as well be glaring daggers at me. I don't like it when people act that way with me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Dating...............what is that?!?!?!?!

It has been years since I've been on a date. Apparently I'm not the type guys want to date. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up being an old maid. My mom & I will be single together!!!!!!!!!!!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday psugar!

I didn't date much in HS, in fact, didn't go to Prom, never had a kiss, etc. I thought I would never get married because the people I liked didn't like me and the only ones that liked me were crazy or a little slow (if you get my drift). Luckily, when I went to college I found more people that I had things in common with and dated a bit more, but still not very much. I am married now and it is wonderful and work too. But just because you haven't found the right person doesn't mean that there might not be someone at sometime. I have lots of family that didn't get married until their 30's. Sometimes, it just takes that long.

Keep dating! That is how you make friends and build relationships of all kinds.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
goymer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by goymer »

Hold up! Thread activity, and I've not been notified? Curious :?

Anyways, I've been reading back over my posts on this thread, and the two big conclusions I've been able to draw are that when I crush, I crush HARD, and I overreact waaaay too much :lol:

Well that and the fact that I'm trying too hard to find the perfect girlfriend. Better off to just find a girl I like, perfect of not. Which is what I'm going to be trying soon, but more on that another time ;)
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

I'm an old-married now (well, 29! been married nearly 6 years) but I dated quite a bit through sixth form (senior class for the Americans???) and University (college).

My advice would always be: have fun, remember that flirting can practically be a sport/hobby - it's almost the most fun when you know it's not going anywhere so practice it!, keep your self-respect and don't expect every relationship to be a fairy-tale. :)

Oh and girls can ask guys out! :D Even if they say no, it's very empowering.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
goymer

Post by goymer »

OK to expand on my post above, I think I'd best explain all the goings on in my love life during my absence (and update on some stuff that I've never mentioned). Going in chronological order of last activity, Anna has now gone to uni and I haven't spoken to her in months, Rosie left work and agian haven't spoken for ages, Rini as you well know I completely ballsed everything up, and then there's Lisa. I think I'm now safe to explain everything that went on with her.

Basically, for most of the time I thought she was single, she's had a girlfriend (yes, she's bi, it was a bit of a shock). She's well and truly in love, so I've (hopefully) moved on. My new "target" (sorry if you find that insulting, I couldn't think of a better word :lol: ) is another of my co-workers, Emily. This could be a bit awkward though, because another of the guys there also likes her. Good news is she really doesn't like him, and neither do I really, so I'm not that fussed if he hates me for asking her out :lol:
"Leah, you don't like me. I don't like you"
"Thank you Captain Obvious"

NBOAD and proud (ish...)

Part of the Gen Y Lexily
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Hey guys.

Question: How do you break up with someone without completely crushing them if they just wont take a hint?

I mean I've been mean and distant haven't called him back in 3 days, I even made comments about how he should go out
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:Hey guys.

Question: How do you break up with someone without completely crushing them if they just wont take a hint?

I mean I've been mean and distant haven't called him back in 3 days, I even made comments about how he should go out
You could just be honest....I mean if you are honest now he will get over it sooner....honesty always works, and I know men can be really sad when it happens to them butthey also move on a lot faster then we normally do...
dazzledBrit wrote:My advice would always be: have fun, remember that flirting can practically be a sport/hobby - it's almost the most fun when you know it's not going anywhere so practice it!, keep your self-respect and don't expect every relationship to be a fairy-tale.
Yes my advise exactly.... flirting is supposed to be fun...just flirt a bit, talk a bit, maybe even kiss a bit... enjoy life... all to soon you are locked up in the perfect relation and the kissing bit is over... but never forget even if you are in the perfect relation (which does only exist in dreams) than a bit flirting is allowed... it keeps up the sexappeal...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

Always be honest...stringing someone along is more hurtful.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...