Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by Alphie »

Lots of thanks to Cocoa for these!!

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by darkrider »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book? I don't know ltos of good sci fi books...but it was probably the host. lol knowing SM

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?almost, lol

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?Paul, he's too defensive

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3. I think that she grew closer to Charlie, and she bagan to get well..kind of annoyed with renee.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of. he's jump out of the plane, and land where the plane would land hold it up by it's nose b4 it hit the ground. loll
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?

I think she was reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. One of my all time favorites.

Yup.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?

Nope. If the Forks yearbook were to have a "Most Likely to Get Involved in a Pointless Battle to the Death" Emmett would only win because Paul goes to a different school. These two are just a fight waiting to happen. Either one of them would just LOVE to take something the wrong way in order to have an excuse. I can't decide whose fault it is... I'll have to flip a coin.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I have no idea. I've never really been into sci-fi, but I do intend to read The Host once I get unirritated with SM about the Midnight Sun fiasco.

Yes...

Paul and his temper. If no one had messed with Rosalie, Emmett wouldn't have attacked...Although, we all know Rose can take care of herself...

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Renee seemed a little more in tune with things, but I think that's mostly because she's a woman.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
haha. I liked the way he put it in the book. I'll have to think about this.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I think something about vamps.

I could tell he wanted something more then he was saying. I didn't catch on that he was checking right away.

No I was not surprises Emmett is a confrontational dude. I hate to say it I think Emmett was at fault because he tends to take things a bit too far.

She is much more open to talking about he relationship with Renee and it seems that she is more comfortable having "the talk" with her but what girl isnt more comfortable talking about sex with her mom vs. her dad?

Ok the plane is literally falling out of the sky not spiraling just falling. I think Edward would grab Bella jump out of the plane run Bella somewhere safe then run back and catch the plane =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

I don't really read sci-fi so I couldn't even hazard a guess here.

Nope. I thought he just missed Bella.

I was surprised. I didn't think there would have been an altercation between with Quilutes and the Cullens so quickly. I would have to go with Paul being at fault more because we do know from New Moon that he does have a temper.

She loves them both obviously, but with Charlie, he's the father but he's not used to dealing with Bella, a teen-age girl, so he's pretty much oblivious to certain things whereas with Renee, she's used to Bella, she's been a teenage girl before, she knows her daughter. Renee is a bit more "in tune" with Bella as opposed to Charlie.

Both engines explode and the plane crashes into the ocean.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I am not a sci-fi person. If I was, the only book I have read was a really short Star Wars book.

2. No. I just thought he wanted to talk.

3. I thougth something woul dhappen between the Cullen's and the werewolves, it is their nature, or attitude.

4. Her relationship with Renee is stronger. But her and Charlie's relationship is still growing.

5. The plane starts to freeze mysteriously, and falls miles down to the earth, towards the ocean.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Hahaha - I bet it was the host. I have not read that yet. I am not a huge sci-fi fan but I like thrillers. Some of Dean Koontz's books are romantic sci-fi thrillers. I bet Stephenie knows exactly what book Rene was reading!

Nope.

I was surprised but also glad that the wolf and vampire were able to interact without killing each other. That gives me hope. I don't really feel theat either was at falt. Takes two to tango.

I hate comparing. I feel like I am in school. Pass....

Any scenarion... Edward could think his way out of. I'll leave that job to him.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I have no clue.

Nope.

I didn't really expend too many thoughts on that situation. I don't think it was anybody's fault.

Bella is much more closer to Renee, it seems. I think, generally, that a mother-daughter relationship is almost always stronger than a father-daughter one.

The plane does not have enough altitude so it crashes into one of the mountain peaks it happens to be flying over. All the other passengers die a horrible, unmericiful death. Edward and Bella are forced to camp out in the mountains using only their natural resources to stay alive (well, for Bella at least). Finally someone notices the tragedy and they come to alleviate Bedward's time in the mountains. They are flown to the closest hospitol and examined for injury. After they get the 'ok', Alice and company comes to pick them up and take the two 'lucky' plane crash-survivors home.
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I'm not into sci-fi so i have no idea.

Sort of but i din't think much of it i thought we would figure it out eventually anyway.

Yes, i was really surprised. I don't think it was anyone's fault it was an accident emmett was a bit too excited but paul did over react as well.

Charlie and bella don't exactly have a very open relationship, they're just there, where as with renee, bella can talk about any thing and not feel embarrassed or shy.

Why bother, he'll end up winning in the end anyway.