Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by JillOBean »

No apologies necessary, ladies! :D

I have a flair for the dramatics!

And I KNOW better than to read a discussion on a story I'm not up to date on...

EP COMMENTARY...

Oh, and I just got to the point where Mobward just told Bella he cares for her. It was really sweet. I had naughty dreams of Mobward and those super hott tattoos.... YUM!

Hopefully by Monday I'll be all caught up and I can comment on that one.

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Thank the Lord it's FINALLY Friday!!!
I may read EP this weekend...or I may (really need to) write some of my ffic, Perfect Forever...maybe I can fit both in sometime!
Have a happy Saturdy, Ya'll! :D
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

VirginiaMay wrote:Hi All,

This is a response to JillOBean. You mentioned the story, Peonies by sillybella. It's not what you think. Bella didn't marry Jake, but that's all I am going to say. You will probably still hate it, because it is very sad and Edward suffers immensely when he learns about the life Bella has had. I recommend an entire box of tissues while reading. That said, it was beautifully done. So, when you're in the mood for a good cry go back and read it all the way through. (Oh, and it contains adult themes and may be upsetting to some as there is mention of a sexual assault.)

I, too, loved The Past Comes Back to Bite You. It started my love affair with fan fiction. I was online looking for a well written conclusion to Midnight Sun, but couldn't find one. Instead I came across sillybella's New Moon-AU. Unfortunately, TPCB2BU remains unfinished and has not been updated in quite some time. The last update on ramblingsandthoughts.com was in 2008, and on ff.net it was last updated 7/09. Does anyone know if the author stated whether or no she intended to finish it?

How does the fan fiction community feel about someone other than the original author completing a story? I loved it enough to want to write my own ending. Fanfic of a fanfic, if you will. Any opinions? The author, sillybella, hasn't responded to any communication.
Virginia May -- I took the liberty of passing on your comments to Silly Bella. She wrote me back the following:

Silly Bella wrote:

"I'll be finishing ALL of the things that I have out there started, but probably not doing anything new. If I do something new beyond finishing the things I have started, it will be things in one of my two one-shot series, Moonless Night (the Cullens in Forks before Bella arrived) and Avenging Angel (Edward's rebellious years).

"I'd probably prefer not to have someone else finish TPCBTBY before I do, mostly because I don't want the confusion of something else out there with my storyline and title. I don't want it to seem like I endorsed someone's story when I don't even know what kind of writer that person is or if their ending is 'my' ending. If they have an ending in mind, they need to write their own story and title it something original. That's what fanfiction is about -- telling YOUR story. If someone wants to do an alternative story ending once I'm done, then more power to them. But I'd like to finish my own story first.

"As for not responding to communication, I get about 100 or more private messages a day from various fanfiction. Not reviews -- private messages. Most of them are asking for more fanfiction, asking me to read their fanfiction, asking me to beta for them, asking me to write a story based on their plot summary, etc. I just don't have time to answer them all. I'm more likely to respond to a review, but even then, I'm slow because of so many real life things like a new job and a new puppy."

Hope that's a help to you and any other fans who've been wondering about Silly Bella's fics. Please do pass the word on!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Okay...I was up until 5 am reading EP! I am up to Chapter 20.
***EP DISCUSSION...SPOILER ALERT!!***

I really can't say I like this ffic at all, but I am very interested in how it turns out...if that makes sense.
I hate the way SlaveBella is degraded in the beginning of the story by the idiot Master Charles. Then, I hate the way she has no self-esteem or idea of self-worth when she moves to the Cullen house hold. The idea of Bella being "owned" by anyone severely ticks me off!
And...Dr. Carlisle Cullen aka Mobster is on my $#@T list! :evil: I don't care what kind of bad day he was having due to the anniversary of his wife's death...that punishment was soooo uncalled for considering he planted the gun and set SlaveBella up for the whole thing!
I do love MobWard and his relationship with his brothers...Emmett and Jasper. I like that it's playful yet volatile at the same time. And Mobward's love and care for SlaveBella is spot on...would expect nothing less of any Edward and any ffic. But, I know he must have a darker side...he is the child of a mobster who sees himself headed that way. So, I am wondering when his "true" colors will rear their ugly head.
I am also wondering when and IF Esme will lend her calming presence to this criminally challenged clan.
AND...will Bella ever gain her freedom and discover her self-worth?
Like I said, the jury is still out for me with this one...
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm in such a horrible writing rut. AHHHHHHHHHH.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Sorry Amanda Beth! I hate being stuck in those!
I finally got the next chapter of Coalescence posted, now I just have to see if fanfiction is actually working today. It's been off and on all week.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I got your alert, so it's working again :)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Thank you!
I posted it at 9 am this morning, and then nothing happened. I hate that, but now at least maybe some of my alerts will work. I couldn't even review stories for part of the day. Between Facebook and fanfiction, it's been a bad day.
Edit: Amanda Beth, I can't tell you how much I love your Renesme. She is the perfect mix of child and woman!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

MissP~ Hang in there. Many of us here adore that story particularly for MobWard's and BellaRagazza's journies, and the journey they take together. The wonderful thing about MobWard is that his "tru colors" are what we see him show with BellaRagazza. It is the other side of him you will soon truly see that isn't him at all. I completely understan your aversion to her slave mentality. But, that is the wonderful thing about fanfic. It takes our wonderful characters and takes them out of the expected, puts them in situations where we wouldn't see them otherwise. I personally find a lot about BellaRagazza that I admire. Although, I think the idea of her owned p1$$ing you off is the point. It should p1$$ you off. It should p1$$ us all off. But, still, for her to have the spirit and kindness that she still has, the openness, despite everything she's been through... I personally find that amazing.

~~UoEM Discussion~~

Hmmmmmmm, a very enlightening chapter. We see and learn a lot both about how Isabella truly relates to Charlie and feels about herself. I do have to say I'm pretty peaved at Charlie right now. Granted, I understand, he does not understand the gravity of the situation. But he's the bloody police chief. For him to be told that the lowlife broke into his house in a drunken state to harass his daughter?? WTH!!! You think he'd be a little alarmed by that. But, we also learn some things about Jacob. It seems he didn't have everyone fooled. At this point, I would love to see all three Cullen boys get there hands on him. I am truly saddened by Carlisle in this chapter. The first holidays especially are so hard after you lose someone.

I wonder how long it will take ProfessorWard to fully accept his realization. What will it take for him to accept what the rest of us have known for a long while. And, how long will it take Isabella to open up to him. I thought it was so amazing what he said to her...how accepting and amazingly tender it was. Encouraging her, but at the same time, letting her know that he understands she's not ready to talk about it. So beautiful.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Openhome wrote:Edit: Amanda Beth, I can't tell you how much I love your Renesme. She is the perfect mix of child and woman!
Aww that means SO much to me coming from another writer <3 <3 I'm kinda halfway done with the next chapter--but UGH I know how it ends I just want to get there the right way. Honestly, I think a part of me doesn't want it to end so I'm subconsciously giving myself writer's block lol.

I've decided this coming week I'm going to actually READ LAF and then TPC and see if it helps me at all.