Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by missp »

:shock: :? :twisted: Up until 6 am this morning...finally up to chapter 34 of this mammoth ffic called EP!!! OMG!! Mobward and BellaRagazzi completely OWN ....pun definitely intended...me right now! I haven't moved from this house since Friday night, and I'm not moving from this house until I'm caught up with this fic!

**WARNING!! EP SPOILER ALERT!!**

Esme finally appeared and is Carlisle's sister??? WTH??? But, it works for this fic.
My heart broke for MobWard when the murder of his mother was finally revealed, and then Bella's life as a slave girl was completely heart wrenching...especially the part about Elizabeth meeting her as a small child and spending the rest of her life trying to free her...ultimately being murdered because of it. I so dread Edward finding out who Bella actually is and the significance of Dr. Cullen bringing her into all of their lives.
Finally, Bella's getting some umphha! She is beginning to stand up for herself more! I so got my hopes up when Carlisle took her to the hospital thinking he might remove her chip and give her freedom...but he called her out on her love and relationship with Edward instead! OMG!! Then, Edward arrived and it got REALLY angsty!! I have a feeling these two are going to have to scrap to keep their love and lives before it's all over! ARG!!!!
I love Emmett. I love Jasper. I love Alice. I love Rose (Yes! This Rose is soooo my favorite of all!). I love them all!
Going to read as we speak, so I won't reappear until it's done!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Thank you SOOOOOOO much! That was just the sort of help I was looking for. I totally understand her response and it was exactly what I was expecting, but after trying to track down any information over a couple of months I was starting to think that maybe something had happened or changed. Twilight has such a vibrant online community that I knew someone had to know the status of this author. I mean, I searched, PM'd, asked her Beta's ect. ect. but came up empty. So thank you! I will pass the word along.

Gratefully,
Ginnie
December wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Hi All,

This is a response to JillOBean. You mentioned the story, Peonies by sillybella. It's not what you think. Bella didn't marry Jake, but that's all I am going to say. You will probably still hate it, because it is very sad and Edward suffers immensely when he learns about the life Bella has had. I recommend an entire box of tissues while reading. That said, it was beautifully done. So, when you're in the mood for a good cry go back and read it all the way through. (Oh, and it contains adult themes and may be upsetting to some as there is mention of a sexual assault.)

I, too, loved The Past Comes Back to Bite You. It started my love affair with fan fiction. I was online looking for a well written conclusion to Midnight Sun, but couldn't find one. Instead I came across sillybella's New Moon-AU. Unfortunately, TPCB2BU remains unfinished and has not been updated in quite some time. The last update on ramblingsandthoughts.com was in 2008, and on ff.net it was last updated 7/09. Does anyone know if the author stated whether or no she intended to finish it?

How does the fan fiction community feel about someone other than the original author completing a story? I loved it enough to want to write my own ending. Fanfic of a fanfic, if you will. Any opinions? The author, sillybella, hasn't responded to any communication.
Virginia May -- I took the liberty of passing on your comments to Silly Bella. She wrote me back the following:

Silly Bella wrote:

"I'll be finishing ALL of the things that I have out there started, but probably not doing anything new. If I do something new beyond finishing the things I have started, it will be things in one of my two one-shot series, Moonless Night (the Cullens in Forks before Bella arrived) and Avenging Angel (Edward's rebellious years).

"I'd probably prefer not to have someone else finish TPCBTBY before I do, mostly because I don't want the confusion of something else out there with my storyline and title. I don't want it to seem like I endorsed someone's story when I don't even know what kind of writer that person is or if their ending is 'my' ending. If they have an ending in mind, they need to write their own story and title it something original. That's what fanfiction is about -- telling YOUR story. If someone wants to do an alternative story ending once I'm done, then more power to them. But I'd like to finish my own story first.

"As for not responding to communication, I get about 100 or more private messages a day from various fanfiction. Not reviews -- private messages. Most of them are asking for more fanfiction, asking me to read their fanfiction, asking me to beta for them, asking me to write a story based on their plot summary, etc. I just don't have time to answer them all. I'm more likely to respond to a review, but even then, I'm slow because of so many real life things like a new job and a new puppy."

Hope that's a help to you and any other fans who've been wondering about Silly Bella's fics. Please do pass the word on!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So apparently TSM had to remove The Training from FFn. She'll only be posting on Twilighted from here on out. FFn, I understand. They have ToS to adhere to and maintain. But, someone please explain to me why there are buttheads out there who seem to believe they and they alone should determine what the rest of us get to enjoy. Really, here's a solution that doesn't ruin it for the rest of us. If you are offended, DON'T BLOODY READ IT!!!!!!!!!! Find something nice and fluffy and rated T and leave the hardcore stuff for those of us who are a little more adventurous (or depraved, whichever) *shakes head*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

OMG!!! It is now 2:25 AM, and I have just finished the last posted chapter of EP!!!
***SPOILERS!!!!***

I laughed when MobWard was teaching Isabella to drive! So hilarious!
I cried when Isabella's mom killed herself and Mobward had to tell Bella...heart wrenching!
I knew Elizabeth was a former slave...saw it coming a mile away!
Now, I am FULL of angst waiting on the next chapter to find out what happens with that evil incarnate James...I know that is who is outside the house!
This fic is sooooooo freaking awesome!!!!
Seriously, though...I have got to get some sleep! :shock:
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Sooo nervous for the new job tomorrow that I haven't been able to sleep! AHHH!

BUT in good news a) almost done with TPC b) Teaser for CW&IA part 2 is up and she'll publish it today!!!!!!!!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

VirginiaMay wrote:Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Thank you SOOOOOOO much! That was just the sort of help I was looking for. I totally understand her response and it was exactly what I was expecting, but after trying to track down any information over a couple of months I was starting to think that maybe something had happened or changed. Twilight has such a vibrant online community that I knew someone had to know the status of this author. I mean, I searched, PM'd, asked her Beta's ect. ect. but came up empty. So thank you! I will pass the word along.

Gratefully,
Ginnie

You're most welcome. I'm glad that, as it happens, I could help!
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
SweetKay
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SweetKay »

Jazz Girl wrote:So apparently TSM had to remove The Training from FFn. She'll only be posting on Twilighted from here on out. FFn, I understand. They have ToS to adhere to and maintain. But, someone please explain to me why there are buttheads out there who seem to believe they and they alone should determine what the rest of us get to enjoy. Really, here's a solution that doesn't ruin it for the rest of us. If you are offended, DON'T BLOODY READ IT!!!!!!!!!! Find something nice and fluffy and rated T and leave the hardcore stuff for those of us who are a little more adventurous (or depraved, whichever) *shakes head*

Well that is a darn shame. I too find it extremely irritating, if you are offended, DO NOT READ!!! Seems very SIMPLE to me!!!! Grrrrrrrr!! I also personally find the Twilighted site hard to read from. The black background with the red and white letters are very hard on my eyes. But I will still follow The Training.
SweetKay
ImageImage
TEAM EDWARD ~~ EX-FACTOR ADDICT ~~ WA ADDICT ~~ TEAM ALICE
missp

Post by missp »

Jazz Girl wrote:So apparently TSM had to remove The Training from FFn. She'll only be posting on Twilighted from here on out. FFn, I understand. They have ToS to adhere to and maintain. But, someone please explain to me why there are buttheads out there who seem to believe they and they alone should determine what the rest of us get to enjoy. Really, here's a solution that doesn't ruin it for the rest of us. If you are offended, DON'T BLOODY READ IT!!!!!!!!!! Find something nice and fluffy and rated T and leave the hardcore stuff for those of us who are a little more adventurous (or depraved, whichever) *shakes head*
CRIPES!!! What good are ratings on a story if they just end up getting censored anyway because SOME people can't seem to understand that IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT, THEN DON'T! But, leave the rest of us who do want to read it alone! Sheeeesh!

:? So, obviously, I played hookie from school today to get a little much needed rest after sleeping only 6 hours this entire weekend because I was reading EP! Actually, I do have some sinus gunk going on, and am headed to the store to find some mucinex before this stuff turns into a full blown infection. Maybe by the time I get home, I'll have a CW&IA update! I got the UofEM update this morning when I checked my mail.

AMANDA BETH~~Good luck on the new job today!! Can't wait to read the TPC ending...but I'm so sad to see it end! It's been one of my fave fics! Maybe since I'm finally caught up with everybody else's fics, I can actually write a little on mine today.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

BronzedByTwilight Damn you for asking our opinion on Burn Survivors because I can't. Stop. Reading. It. I promised myself no more uncompleted fanfics!!!

Must. Write. TPC.
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Clipped Wings is up ladies. :D

EDIT CWAIA SPOILERS

I'm happy with the way HH did the trial in one go rather than dragging through it all so painfully. And a perfectly simple, thoroughly deserved, ending for James makes for a happier Edward. The way they worked together to help each other through the trial. Each knowing what the other needed. Bella really showed such strength here for Edward. He was coming apart at the seams but she remained steadfast and showed him in any way she could that she was staying put.

I have loved these two and am sad that we just have the epi left. HH has blessed us with a great story and at least we will have more great writing and a lot less angst with MoBS.

EDIT AGAIN

Christy - Just noticed you on the birthday list. So if it is then ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Member of Rob's Halfway House