Are your parents OK with vampires?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wishiwasbella247
Settled in Forks

Re: Are your parents OK with vampires?

Post by wishiwasbella247 »

Jasper<3 wrote:
wishiwasbella247 wrote:One of the other reasons I started reading Twilight was because my stepmother was soo against it. She calls Sm's fanbase a cult! (ridiculous, i know) Anyways, i must admit that one of the reasons why I did pick up the 1st book was to spite her, it never even crossed my mind that I might actually like the book. I never did "like" it, I FRICKIN LOVED IT!!!!!!
P.S. Don't get the wrong idea bout my stepmom, she can be a really funny and cool person to hang out w/ (she's in early 30s, my dads in his late 50s, awkward much?) but she is just very stubborn about certain things, like Twilight.
Well... I dont mind age differences much... becuase I plan to marry Robert Pattinson!!
You can have Rob, but Edwards MINE! :D
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

My mother doesn't really care what I read, just as long as it's not too 'demeaning' for my mind.

:roll: Whatever that means.

-Janine

P.S: Don't know if Garrett is already taken, but HE'S mine.
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Caitlin...
Settled in Forks

Post by Caitlin... »

My parents dnt really care what i read/watch
but i do know they are fine with vampires because my mum actully got me into Buffy when it was on TV
lidiacriss
Wandering Through Town

Post by lidiacriss »

My parents are completely okay with vampires, my dad's into Buffy, and my mom has read twilight a few times and is lending my books out to people at work.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I don't think my parents have ever had a reason to think about...they don't watch much t.v. and they haven't read twilight
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

My dad actually joked about it with me. My mum doesn't actually cares. My dad thinks I am funny when I go crazy over Twilight, but he understands. I actually showed him the picture of Robert Pattison as Edward Cullen, he was like " Not bad."

Every time I say something connected about the Twilight movie, he will ask :" Vampires?Nice?"

And once when I had nightmares, he asked if it was about vampires trying to kill me. Haha.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

wishiwasbella247 wrote:
Jasper<3 wrote:
wishiwasbella247 wrote:One of the other reasons I started reading Twilight was because my stepmother was soo against it. She calls Sm's fanbase a cult! (ridiculous, i know) Anyways, i must admit that one of the reasons why I did pick up the 1st book was to spite her, it never even crossed my mind that I might actually like the book. I never did "like" it, I FRICKIN LOVED IT!!!!!!
P.S. Don't get the wrong idea bout my stepmom, she can be a really funny and cool person to hang out w/ (she's in early 30s, my dads in his late 50s, awkward much?) but she is just very stubborn about certain things, like Twilight.
Well... I dont mind age differences much... becuase I plan to marry Robert Pattinson!!
You can have Rob, but Edwards MINE! :D

Jasper's mine. Hahahahah( My friend took Edward first. She left me with Jasper, another ooolalala alternative)
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

When my dad found out that Twilight was about vampires he shook his head and said, "I can't believe we let you read that."
I was like HELLO they aren't bad!!! If it had been more like the "traditional" vampire I could see how he gets upset, but even after I explained their diet and philosophy he doesn't like it and gets a sour look on his face whenever Twilight is mentioned. But he's yet to take away my books, so no drama yet.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

My mom yesterday regreted my reading Breaking Dawn, I told her to late. Oh and Jasper and Emmett are mine(I can share).
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Post by ed4ev »

After i read it i made my mom and my sister and all my friends read it...im pretty sure shes fine with it, it really helps that stef censores a lot of it, and im really happy for that, otherwise id prolly lose respect for them or something.....

Do I dazzle you?