Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread

Post by navarre »

Amanda Beth wrote:BronzedByTwilight Damn you for asking our opinion on Burn Survivors because I can't. Stop. Reading. It. I promised myself no more uncompleted fanfics!!!

Must. Write. TPC.

I love Burn Survivors!! I just finished up chapter 7 last night. I was a little amazed that Bella opened up so quick, but I guess she really wants this relationship to work with Edward. I felt sorry for Edward in regards to his past with Heidi.

Great story!

Also, I recommend Abyss and Bella Swan: Voyeur Extraordinaire by [bIWantaWerewolfforMyself[/b](I think that is her name). Anyway, the first one is Darkward and the second one is Humor/Romance. Both awesome are stories.
On the Community.

Regarding what happened to tarasue me and her stories, these arses that troll fanfiction looking to scourge and remove excellently written stories need to be removed themselves. Who are they to dictate what we read. TS, TD & TT are classy, chic and intelligently written stories for them to compare the writers as "monkey writing stories with their feet" is a gross insult to both writer and reader alike. On Twilighted, one of the readers who posts on the "Dead Confederates" thread showed us a post from the group who is behind this crappolla. They are arrogant, obnoxious and take too many liberties with other's rights to write under the Rated M moniker.
The authors of this rating have always warned the readers of the content of their stories. It is not rocket science people, if the story offends you, DO NOT READ IT!!! Move on and find another story that suits your tastes, but leave the other stories ALONE! These people are going beyond the pale here. They are assinine!

Well, at least I have an account over on Twilighted where the stories are housed. I hate that she is going to have to delay TT just to "smut-free" her work. I'm sorry but BDSM is what it is. Basically TS & TD will be reduced from 37 chapters to 12 by the time it is done. It is sexual, sensual and stunning. This is sad.

There is another place called The Coffee Shop that a couple of authors are starting to use for their stories.

Whatever. I had to foam at the mouth over this poop! Grrrr!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

CW&IA
Loved it as always, but the chapter seemed rushed. I'm so sad that there's only an epi left :( Maybe after the Hockeyward story is done, HH will go back and give us a little look into their future.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I don't know about the people who got TaraSue off of ffn, however, I do know and understand the laws regarding sexually explicit information on non-guarded sites.
First off, I TOTALLY AGREE THAT MANY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE TARGETING STORIES OF THEIR CHOOSING!!
I ALSO AGREE THAT IT IS UNFAIR AND HURTFUL BOTH TO THE AUTHORS AND THEIR READERS!

However... and, please don't get the pitchforks, but...
According to internet standards, sites that carry stories or pictures deemed to be rated NC-17 or higher are supposed to have one of those buttons that you must push stating that you are over 18. Some states interpret the law to anything higher than an R rating, and most stories would fit that rating.
I KNOW THOSE STUPID BUTTONS DON'T WORK! Put the pitchfork back down...
However, as a free site that has a large teen population, fanfiction must do what they can to comply with those laws. As a mother and educator, I'm glad those laws are in place, as utterly useless as they are.
Are they picking on only certain authors? YES and it's UNFAIR!!
However, NC-17 stories need to be posted elsewhere, and I support Tarasue's decision to post only on Twilighted where there will be no chance of controversy.
Twilighted has the button and an area for teens. We all know the teens are on the rest of the site anyway, but Twilighted has the button and is protected by law. Fanfiction can't have stories like those on it without the button. It's against the law, plain and simple. Fanfiction as a site cannot allow NC-17 stories on it (and there are many others) without creating an adult only spot.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Hold on... does that mean technically ALL of the stories with sex scenes in them are against ff.net policy? WA, TEF, CW&IA etc? There are a bazillion lemons on that site!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

As to the TSM FFn issue, I'm not even going to bother. I said my three cents and I'm leaving it at that.

~~CW&IA Discussion~~
First and foremost, I have to say this. HH has given us some fantastically written lines during this ride. But, this...

He wrapped his arms around me in a crushing hug and then his mouth was on mine in a desperate and pained kiss that became soft and wanting only moments later. His hands were gentle caresses, his mouth a sweet symphony containing words of infinite devotion as I tried to wash away his pain with love.

this just takes the cupcake. All on its own, it still brings tears to my eyes.

As for the chapter, I honestly found it more difficult to read and more painful in a lot of ways than Bella's attack. Constantly on the knife-edge, the constant and completely unyielding stress and tension and fear. It was just so draining. I, too, am so glad that HH hit the trial in one fell swoop and didn't drag it out. The shame and pain and anguish and hurt were enough for a lifetime. YES, Christy, I agree completely. Someone needs to send whomever sent James to his just rewards an extra pack of cigarettes. Sometimes, just sometimes, the evil a man does is so horrible and so widespread that peace can only be found when he is dead and burried. But, most of all, most importantly and most beautifully, there was them. No matter what, TattWard and BabyBells were a them. Supporting and loving one another so completely, constantly understaning and loving and helping each other out, showing in every way that no matter what else, they are a team and will handle things together. Ach, my heart is still aching for them.

I am so sad to see this ride end. It has truly been a gift and I thank HH for it, from the bottom of my soul.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

***CW&IA Discussion...SPOILER ALERT!!!***
This chapter was raw with emotion and wrought with stress for both the characters and me! I was on the verge of tears so many times! From the pain in Rose's voice as she told BabyBells what little she thought she needed to about what James and Aro did to her, to TattWard's and BabyBell's breakdowns after their turns on the witness stand...I was a basket case! The love, support, and utter unwavering devotion these two showed for one another...it took my breath away!
But, when Esme and Carlisle showed up on the day of Edward's testimony...that did it! I broke!
I too was thankful that HH decided to do the trial in one sitting...I don't think I could have handled it if it had been dragged on for another chapter.
Thanks be to God above that James met his appointment with Hell! Only if it had been a little more violent! :twisted: But, at least it gave Edward the peace he needed to finally move past his parents' murders and get over the guilt.
I am hoping the EPI will contain a piece of Babybells visiting Forks and finally getting the closure she needs, too!
Me being the hopeless romantical person I am...I was so hoping there would be an engagement ring in one of those cupcakes Edward bought and his version of a "down on one knee" marriage proposal. ;)
**Sighs heavily** I so hate to see this delicious piece of ffic-crack end!

I am now off to read the latest update from UofEM!!
Yes...my name is ***Bleeepppp***, and I am an ADDICT!! :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

That's it. It's getting fracking ridiculous now! Apparently Khar and EP have been reported on FFn as well. Alright, that's it. I get it. I really and truly do. By the letter of the law, the ToS state explicit sex or violence as a violation. And, yes, there is a reason for that. But, I will argue vehemently that the spirit of a site like FFn is the fact that it is a forum of open expression where people can freely post their creativity without interference. FFn has Terms of Service, yes. But, they are notoriously lax in enforcing those for the explicit reason that there should be a little personal responsibility amongst us to follow the posted warnings and guidelines, and that creativity of others should not be stifled because one is offended by it. If you are offended, don't read it. All the stories post ratings and warnings and the like. If you are offended, don't bloody read it. As for children, yes, we are aware that there are minors who troll the internet. But, that's where things like parental controls and parental monitoring come in really handy...in having the parents do their jobs of monitoring their child(ren)'s web usage. If you were to look at me and say these folks were reps of SM who want the stories pulled because of content and what we enjoy reading about her chaste little characters doing, that's one thing. But for one person or a few people to decide that what they perceive as inappropriate or offensive content is offensive to all of us and NO ONE should be able to read the stories is utterly assinine and self riteous and wrong. Butt out, don't read it and leave the rest of us the hell alone to enjoy a little distraction.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Jazz Girl~~ I couldn't have said it better myself within a month of Sundays! :evil: It is getting pretty utterly ridiculous!

***UofEM DISCUSSION...SPOILER ALERT!!!***
My heart literally broke for Carlisle during grace at Thanksgiving dinner! The first holiday after Esme's death was bound to be difficult, and their grief was so heartbreakingly real.
YES! ProfessorWard finally realized his love for Bella!
I am NOT liking Charlie at all in this fic...or Jacob...which goes against the grain for me because generally, they are two of my favorite characters. Charlie needs to remove his head from his backside and do what a real father would do in this situation and take up for his daughter! And, I am dreading the moment when Bella spills the details about what Jacob did to her.
I am also very angst-ridden over Edward's impending trip to Italy AND the almost certainty of things being revealed back at the University that will cause trouble for both him and Bella.

Going to bed at a semi-decent hour tonight! I am vowing right now...NO MORE MISSING WORK BECAUSE I SAT UP ALL NIGHT READING A FIC!!! :? Yeh, right! :lol:
BronzedByTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by BronzedByTwilight »

What are the chances that my story would get reported on FFnet? I actually submitted it to Twilighted.net today after reading what's going on on FFnet but from reading Twilighted's guidelines it seems like a pretty long process to get your stories posted.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

BronzedByTwilight wrote:What are the chances that my story would get reported on FFnet? I actually submitted it to Twilighted.net today after reading what's going on on FFnet but from reading Twilighted's guidelines it seems like a pretty long process to get your stories posted.
There's a reason for that. People actually review your submissions before they get posted (on twilighted.net). However, once a beta is assigned to your story, things flow from there.