December

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

December

Post by December »

Ooops. I guess I should have posted one of these years ago! (Sorry BHG...). Ah well, better late than never.

How did you pick your screen name?
Hmmm. I suppose because it’s my favourite month. I love winter and all things wintry....

How did you come to read Twilight...
This was back in the days when adult Twilight readers were few and far between. My daughter’s eighth grade class was obsessed and I got curious. Took the book with me as airplane reading. Little did I realize....

...and which book is your favorite?

Can’t seem to choose a favourite. It’s hard to beat the story of TW: a boy balanced on a knife edge between adoring a girl and killing her. But for sheer romance, the last chapters of NM are pretty much unequalled. NM is a little short on Edward, though, for a dedicated Swoonygirl. I have a soft spot for EC, for bringing into focus the true scale of the sacrifices which Edward and Bella are prepared to make for each other. As for BD....well, I admit to having my issues with the book. But then, I had a very particular take on where the story of EC was going....

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Well, ice of course! I’m a Swoonygirl through and through -- though some of my best friends are Wolfgirls and Crowbars....

Who is your favorite minor character?
Carlisle.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)?
New Yorker by birth; nowadays I divide my time between England and the States.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

Quite old enough!

Anything else you would like to share?
Once wrote what may be the longest post in Lex history. Working on brevity these days. If something here is in Latin, it’s probably my fault.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: December

Post by n0vaice »

Hi December, I'm Karl. Thanks for keeping this place running
and I wish more power to the lex and more success in your
other endeavors. Catch you around the boards. PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
December

Post by December »

Heh. Thanks Karl -- will do! (*grin*)
Knives
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Knives »

I was wondering where this was!

Hey - I'd like to personally thank you for being the cool head (over, and over, and over) in the debates I include myself in. Sometimes both sides get a little out of hand/insulted/insulting, and we need a neutral party to step in. And, though I don't know if you've been doing it on purpose or not, thanks for having my back. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who even understands my point of view over here - until you show up. So thank'ee kindly, and I hope you keep participating in my little debates ^_^

(P.S. You get a cookie if you can guess which vampire-themed roleplaying game originated the quote in my siggy)
Openhome wrote:Knives, I believe that..
wait for it...
you are right.
December

Post by December »

Well thank you. Friendly, undogmatic, respectful conversations between people who disagree is something I passionately believe in. Grappling with new perspectives widens one's horizons, stimulates thought and helps one sharpen one's own beliefs. The challenge is keeping this an exchange of ideas rather than a debate. People who feel secure, who know they can acknowledge someone else's point without fear of having it used to score points against them, tend to say more interesting things than people who are on the defensive. I've been in this fandom long enough to see this tested to destruction over and over; I've seen the conversations that succeeded through carefully-cultivated mutual trust and the conversations that went up in flames -- and the conversations that withered because there wasn't enough clash of opinion to keep anyone interested! But it's a terribly difficult balancing act, which is why you find me out there so much of the time in Grumpy Mod Mode, rapping people over the knuckles with my umbrella. Maybe it's more than one can hope to create on a fast-paced public board like the Lex. But I do think it's a prize worth striving for!
I was wondering where this was!

I know, I know.... (*hangs head*)

willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Hello December, and I guess I shouldn't say welcome, since you are a mod after all and you've been here longer than me. :lol:
I'm Hannah, the resident tween on the t(w)een thread. Thank you for keeping order in the lex and helping to make it the amazing place it is. :D

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
tlq123
Settled in Forks

Post by tlq123 »

Thanks for the information,just found this post my technorati news feed section! I was searching for this since past 3 months and i am glad to see it here. Thanking you much
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

Hrm... that explains it. I saw that this was posted in 2010 and i'm like "wait, i thought she was one of the origional mods not a new one!" (there are a couple of mods around here and there that i dont really recognise.)
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee