Gilmore Girls

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Gilmore Girls

Post by debussygirl »

Jen, just wait the karaoke episode makes it better. =)
Yeah, they got a new writer for I think the last two seasons. Which, in my opinion, is when the story fell apart. The dialogue is still funny and witty, but the story is just...off.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

^^^Hear, hear!^^
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

debussygirl wrote:Jen, just wait the karaoke episode makes it better. =)
Yeah, they got a new writer for I think the last two seasons. Which, in my opinion, is when the story fell apart. The dialogue is still funny and witty, but the story is just...off.

I didn't know this but that does explain why the last two seasons where as you said off.
Banner by TammyAZ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote:Jen, just wait the karaoke episode makes it better. =)

Then I will be looking forward to that. I can't wait to see it! :D

I agree with you guys. I loved this show right up until the last few seasons. There were some things they had happen that I hated & it wasn't as good. I wonder why they had a different writer? But I still love Luke. He is amazing!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

If I remember correctly it was that the original writer and creator (Amy) had to give it up...I want to say she wanted to move on, but I can't be sure...
And maybe it would've ended better if Alexis Bledel had agreed to do another season, but the end was just so rushed to me.
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

I remember being surprised when I heard that that was going to be the last season. I didn't know the writer left or that Alexis didn't want to do anther season either. (Did she want to move on & become a movie star?)

That's too bad. That makes me really curious as to what would have been different if they did at least one more season. Oh well I guess.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, she wanted to get into movies and stuff. And Lauren Graham didn't want to go on without her, and without either of them...well, it wouldn't have exactly been Gilmore Girls.
The Logan/Rory think probably would've worked out, or she would've found her way to Jess again, I think. And Luke and Lorelai would've probably made it down the aisle for sure (and maybe even have a baby, pull and Lane and Zach?)
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

It definitely would not have been the same w/out Lauren or Alexis. So since Alexis left what has she done? I don't think I've seen her in anything. Maybe she should have stayed! :lol: (I hope that doesn't come across as being mean. Some actors don't know when they've got a good thing going.)

Hmm I don't think Rory would have gone back to Jess. Unless they had Logan break up with her or something. (Which I would have been fine with!) But then I didn't see her turning down Logan when he proposed.

I would love to FINALLY see Lorelai & Luke get married and have a baby! (I don't know about pulling a Zack & Lane though, that was weird & surprising. I did NOT see that one coming.) That's what stinks about it ending the way they did. It just ended & that was it. Too bad they couldn't have ended it with at least Luke & Lorelai getting married. That would have been at least a little more closure than we got.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Alexis has been in Grad Student and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2...and that's it.
Well, remember how Logan basically said he didn't want to be with her anymore because she turned him down? He just bailed! So I always liked to think she made it with Jess again, because I really liked him when he got everything in order. He just needed to grow up.
I know, I wish we could've at least seen Luke and Lorelai married. And unless they pulled and Lane and Zach they wouldn't have been able to wrap it up in one season.
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

debussygirl wrote: Well, remember how Logan basically said he didn't want to be with her anymore because she turned him down? He just bailed! So I always liked to think she made it with Jess again, because I really liked him when he got everything in order. He just needed to grow up.

I know, I wish we could've at least seen Luke and Lorelai married. And unless they pulled and Lane and Zach they wouldn't have been able to wrap it up in one season.
I didn't remember Logan said that & bailed. That was in the series finale right? I only saw that episode once years ago. I just remembered he proposed & she said no. Man Logan is a punk! She would have been much better off being with Jess (the older put together Jess anyway. :D )

I guess that way they could have ended it in the one season they had left. Luke would be such a great father! I saw an episode last week where he was with Liz & TJ's daughter Dula (?sp & what a crazy name!) and he was just so cute. Man oh man. Talking about it is making me wish it had ended differently even more.
Last edited by pennybug84 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.