Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by funkidiva »

I have been looking forward to this series starting and saw the first 2 episodes on Tuesday and really liked them, surprisingly. I can see elements of Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse in it but I still enjoyed it. Its like a mixture of the two and bang in the middle as to how adult it is. The episodes made me jump a couple of times haha :)

Ive not read the book(s) though so I cannot comment on how different it is. Should I invest in reading the books as well whilst it is on or wait until the series is over then read?

Stefen is slightly strange looking - cant make up my mind whether he is gorgeous or not. There is something sexy about Damon though
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

So new to this thread, but did anyone else watch the episode tonight?? BIG TWISTS!....Too bad new episodes aren't until March 25....
ImageImageImageImage
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I missed the first eps. so I am going to wait till it is out on dvd. However I have heard mixed reviews but I heard the books are good.
Banner by TammyAZ
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

sweetpea wrote:I missed the first eps. so I am going to wait till it is out on dvd. However I have heard mixed reviews but I heard the books are good.
You can watch the eps online if you want to catch up on your own time. They'll probably also air reruns during the break. I've never read the books, but a lot of people say they like Elena on the show better than the one in the books so I guess it's a toss up as to which is better.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Oh my goodness. I saw last nights episode. I'm going to try not to say any spoilers for those who haven't seen it. I actually felt so bad for Damon. I sorta like Anna so I am happy she got what she wanted. I almost cried at the end though. Stefan was pretty bad a** in this episode, which I thought was really cool.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:Oh my goodness. I saw last nights episode. I'm going to try not to say any spoilers for those who haven't seen it. I actually felt so bad for Damon. I sorta like Anna so I am happy she got what she wanted. I almost cried at the end though. Stefan was pretty bad a** in this episode, which I thought was really cool.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Yeah, I felt sorry for Anna...I wonder if she will be returning any with the series? I wonder what Damon will do now? And yes, I was kinda getting tired of Stefan being portrayed as a p****....so kudos to him finally acting like a vampire
ImageImageImageImage
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Stefan has progressively gotten more tough and cool as the season has gone on.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

lady4string wrote:Stefan has progressively gotten more tough and cool as the season has gone on.
I agree...should be interesting to see where things go now. I thought it was interesting how they reintroduced Tyler in this episode...so I'm guessing we will be seeing more of him now (For those who have read the books)
ImageImageImageImage
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I know, right? I hate how Stefan was portrayed in earlier episodes. In the books he was much more dangerous and callous. Highlight invisible font for book spoiler-------->>He even almost killed Tyler, Vulgar Language Is Ugly, and Caroline, and those other people by almost completely draining them of blood.

About Tyler, I would think (book spoiler--->>>) They would have him be a werewolf like in the books. I wonder how they'll portray it. More like a wolf-man or a Twilight version?

I hope we do see more of Anna. She and Jeremy might really have something going on.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote: I hope we do see more of Anna. She and Jeremy might really have something going on.
The last episode made it seem like something was there....who knows...and About the Tyler thing, SPOILER ALERT..... I would think that they will be introducing him as a werewolf soon...since he was in this last episode so much
ImageImageImageImage