A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by April Allen »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
A feeling. A very cool one, if you ask. It's the physical attraction between them.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Because he sure has read a LOT of books.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?
Classics. Shakespeare, Austen...

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.
I understood him and knew what he meant.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
I believe it's just from how intense their relationship is.. Wanting to touch him so badly and knowing she can't..

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Because he reads a lot of books also. He can learn a lot about her from what she reads.

Wuthering Heights for sure!! lol All of the classics of course.. because that's what kind of books she reads!

I was very surprised to learn that he didn't really care for the night. I found it to be very.. romantic almost when he said it.. but everything Edward says is beauuuutiful :)
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

A physical feeling between them.

By knowing what books she likes, he can understand her a bit more.

Classics.

I didn't get why it would be the safest time of day for them.
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

That physical attraction feeling.

Books are not only a good topic starter they are also a good way to learn the type of things someone likes and maybe even some of their personality. Books hold a lot of emotion in them, and different genres hold different emotions.

Classics like Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Nights Dream, more play like books/stories I think.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires?
I find it very touching. It is when night and day are one and visa versa. It is where they can co exist together, even if it is a brief moment.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Idril
Settled in Forks

Post by Idril »

An overly heightened physical attraction

Partly because of the era Edward was born into, curious if she had read maybe some of his older favorites. Also because what a person reads can tell another a lot about that person. How they might think or feel, how they might look at life.

She mentions romantic novels that would have been written before or at about the time Edward was born. Also this tells him what she might like in a relationship.

Interesting as I have thought that myself ironically.
Lady Idril
desire4vampires
Wandering Through Town

Post by desire4vampires »

I thought it had to do with the fact that Bella had a small amount of venom in the last chapter.

[/b] He probably knew about much she loved books and wanted to know what interest her. [/b]

The classical book that are well known like Lord of the Flies, Shakespeare and maybe a little Sherrilyn Kenyon.

I was sad to hear that there was a safe time for them.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Her emotions. She's probably so overcome with excitement when Edward touches her, her heart beats faster, and the blood rushes through her body like an electric current.

Probably because he too is very well-read, and he wants to know if he and Bella have anything in common in that respect.

Mostly classical literature... Shakespeare comes to mind.

I assumed that it was a reference to the title of the book. He says it is the easiest time of day for a vampire, and also the saddest -- it could be referring to Edward and Bella's love, and how easy it was for them to fall in love, but how sad it is for them to not be of the same species.
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

I assumed that it was metaphorical/mental.

Because Bella seems to be passionate about reading. After all, she reads classics for fun and really enjoys reading. I'm sure that Edward can see her eyes light up when she talks about her favorite books.

Well, she reads classics a lot and reads Bronte for fun, so I would imagine that she reads things like that.

It's true that it is the safest, and the easiest -- and I could see how that could be boring. I'm not quite sure why it's sad, especially since night usually means they can do whatever they want. Unless it's the fact that they must miss the sun something awful -- which is something Edward and Bella have in common.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Chemistry, even though it's a biology class! ;-)

Because he likes books too. They are both pseudo intellectual types.

Probably turn of the century novels.

I had no real reaction. It seemed more of a casual remark than a revelation.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

The physical attraction feeling you get with that one person that is your soul mate. That feeling is rare which is why it is much more intense.

He is old fashioned and isn't interested in what he feels is silly stuff such as gossip or celebrity life. He wants to know her likes in books,music, etc.

classics goes to mind.

Sad in a way because Edward makes a very good point on what it is like for them at this point in the book.
Banner by TammyAZ