The Dating Thread -- take 3

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: The Dating Thread -- take 3

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

I tried to break up with him last night. And he cried and called me names, and then today he was acting like nothing had happened.

Flirting is great, but sometimes the other party can take you a bit too seriously, which leads to the above situation
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Wow Blasphemous, he sounds a bit mental to me. Sorry for saying that, but he just isn't getting it is he?

Happy Birthday ANNA!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

blasphemous_contessa wrote:I tried to break up with him last night. And he cried and called me names, and then today he was acting like nothing had happened.
That sounds a bit weird...........but trying to break up isn't going to work.. be honest with yourself, tell him no more, once and clearly that this is no longer working and stick to it. If you are going to treat him like you normally would he'd never take the hint...and then you are not being true to yourself either.. (man I sound like Dr. Phil.) but I hpoe you get the point otherwise you might end up with a stalker or something... that's just plain scary..

ANNA, HAPPY BDAY!!!
blasphemous_contessa wrote:Flirting is great, but sometimes the other party can take you a bit too seriously, which leads to the above situation
Aah yes.... that's why it is going to set limits, flirting is one thing but the rest... well just say it can only happen when you want it...
my motto..... never let a guy control you, they can't even control themselfs....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

marielle wrote:
blasphemous_contessa wrote:Flirting is great, but sometimes the other party can take you a bit too seriously, which leads to the above situation
Aah yes.... that's why it is going to set limits, flirting is one thing but the rest... well just say it can only happen when you want it...
my motto..... never let a guy control you, they can't even control themselfs....
Umm, yeah. If you just flirt and don't follow it up, the worst that can happen if a guy takes you too seriously is that you have to turn them down. If you need to dump someone, presumably, you've been on dates, kissed, etc...ie. something more than flirting!
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

I did it. And things are a lot more comfortable.
How weird is it that we're closer as friends than we were as bf/gf?
Oh well. Maybe I really am as cold and heartless as people said I am, but I feel more relieved than upset.

I love flirting. I ahve friends with whom the only interactions we have are flirting. We don't have conversations we have flirtations. It's fun and practice as long as we both know the other isn't serious.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Happy Birthday SimplyMortal!

Have a great birthday and hope things are working out in the boy department.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
ALL4TEAMEDWARD
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ALL4TEAMEDWARD »

Wow it's been a while huh? Does anybody remember me??? I hope ppl still get on this thread.....nobody's said anything since March.
I have had the most horrible day ever. My bf Josh just broke up with me bc his mom told him to. BC IM AN ATHEIST!!! I told him for a month that his mom hated me and he wouldn't listen. Well now he believes me. Anyway, this all seemed to start when last night we had a big argument over me not being a Christian. It made Josh so upset he was crying and it was just really awful. But then after I went home he told his mom a bunch of things that I said(none of them were mean) and she just tells him to break up with me. I cried for 2 hours and then gathered up all of his stuff that was at my house and called him so he'd come get it. He told me his mom said it was ok if we were just friends. >:[ And then he kept trying to make me laugh which just pissed me off more...-sigh- evidently I'm not allowed to be happy.

+*+Chelsea+*+
blasphemous_contessa

Well a real Christian wouldn't be so judgemental. I'm sorry you're boyfriend broke up with you, but if he could drop you that easily he clearly didn't care for you that much, did he?
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

From my experience, Christians are some of the most judgmental people I know. I can really relate to where you care coming from, ALL4TEAMEDWARD. I used to be best friends with this veryy conservative girl for about three years. Her parents hated me, claiming I was a bad influence because I'm a liberal, drink, am not a Christian, etcetera. Eventually, they convinced her to hate me too and we aren't friends anymore. Those types of people aren't worth my time and if they can't accept me for who I am, then I need to move on from them. So, I suggest you do the same. It's for the best.
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

Okay,
I haven't been on here in a long time. But, who am I kidding myself. I think/believe I do like Brad, again. He says the most impossibly sweetest things and honestly when I'm having a bad day nothing makes me feel better than seeing him, him making me laugh, and one of his hugs. In March I had a birthday party. Beforehand I was freaking out about my gift box party favors and not being all ready and just generally stressed. One day when I was near tears I tell him how I was feeling when he asked and pulled me in for a long hug. It made me feel so much better and calm. And we've hung out so much lately too. Two days ago I was on my own to study for the AP US Gov't and Politics Exam and in a desperate one last attempt I messaged him over facebook my plan that I was going to a coffee shop we both like to study and if he had a chance he should come by. He did. Since I had walked there (my parents had my car) and his mom couldn't come get us and I didn't live too far away and it was dark, he walked me to my house before getting my car and dropping him off at his house. He said, "I wasn't about to let you walk home alone in the dark; I'd be too worried about you getting home safe" And he'd say things like that a lot now, showing he cares. I never know how to respond. And after my party several of my family friends have asked my parents if Brad and I were dating. Some have even just said we make a cute couple. One of my dad's co-workers even asked if we were engaged after Brad and I stopped by my dad's work to drop off some ice cream for him. And now I feel all this stress about housing for college and summer programs to take and I want to talk to him about it, but I don't know. I've reached for the phone to call him at least five times while writing this. I don't know what to do. The thing is that he also likes one of our mutual friends, but doesn't really want to date her. And she might like him too. Then another mutual friend does like him, but I don't think he sees her as more than a friend.

I'll be back more after this week hopefully.
Jennifer
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.