Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I downloaded Wide Awake onto my iPod!
*Squeals*
I'm trying to do that with CW&IA, but I have to make them one large Microsoft word document, which is a lot of cutting and pasting.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Good luck with that!
By the way, I LOVE the avi! Elmo and Vader really kind of define you. :lol:
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Happy Friday, Ya'll!
Isn't tomorrow when we usually get a UofEM update...Saturdays?
After the EP update, I don't know if I can handle anymore angst! :shock:
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Fizzles wrote:This is a great fanfic day for me.

An EP chapter which was major heartfail. :shock: :cry: I'm praying the update comes in a few days.

Then ch70 of MOTU. Oh Fifty, how I love you! :D :twisted:

And then a story that I have been following, the last three chapters all posted at once. :D
Twice as Long as Yesterday
1866 Ireland. Isa Swan has agreed to Lord Cullen's proposal: in exchange for allowing her father and her to remain on his estate, she will submit herself to him each night for twice as long as the night before. But how long can she endure him? AH. B&E.

This story is only going to be on ff for another month as the author is then going to take it off and rework it with the hope of submitting it for publication.

Can we set up a rehab clinic to help with ff addiction?!

Laura, sign me up! I'll be the second patient waiting in line at the fanfic addiction clinic. :D

Thanks for letting us know about Twice as Long as Yesterday. What an intriguing story that I enjoyed reading so much! I initially thought from the story summary that it would be a fun, sexy romp--which is why I checked out the story in the first place of course. :lol: But it turned out to be so much more than that.

I loved the concept of the domineering and more experienced "Lord Cullen" (rawwwwwrrrrr 8-) ) stealing time from sweet, innocent yet feisty Isabella. I also liked how the author wove throughout her story the cultural and social class conflicts from that time period, and chose Ireland as her primary setting. The story reminded me a bit of Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibilty, only with more lemony goodness. 8-) And she most definitely kept us guessing with several unexpected twists and turns :shock: .

All in all, a great story that can realistically be read in one or two sittings and provide an excellent diversion while we wait for updates to some of our epic stories like Emancipation Proclamation and University of Edward Masen.
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

BronzedByTwilight wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:BronzedByTwilight Are you moving Burn Survivors over to Twilighted? I know you seemed concerned about the rules over at FFn.
Sorry for the delay... I sent the first chapter into twilighted, just waiting for it to be validated. Still posting it on FFn until I'm told otherwise!

Question for the pros. I'm getting so many hits a day but only have 15 comments... what does that mean?? What makes people comment??
JilloBean-
Well, you know I am a fan of Burn Surivors. (Which is great because I told you in a review that I am not a huge AH story lover. I didn't even care for Wide Awake, which I read because you mentioned it in your post on the old thread regarding Bella's touching issue. BTW- I know saying that I don't like WA is asking for ire from the members of this forum, but I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I just disconnected after Bella started slapping sleep-deprived Eddie around and it got ugly. Couldn't do it...)

ANYWAY!! I like your story and I do not think you are at risk, but the fact that the site doesn't have a filter is something to be considered. I found FF.net because of Twilighted, I was a member there before I joined FF. I found Twilighted looking for Midnight Sun, which a friend told me about in November. I read happily on Twilighted until my own brain started in overdrive. I have struggled with a couple of original fiction works for years and finally said what the heck?! I've had enough of writing small fluff articles for local pubs and waiting for inspiration to hit, time to give over to the obsession!

I only joined FF.net because I can't seem to find a BETA and I wanted the reviews to help me improve. The validation process is a slow one, but I think it is worth it to ensure your readers can continue enjoying your stuff. I too have had hundreds of hits, but only have 6 reviews. Which I am still ecstatic about considering my story went up about a week ago! But, I would love to know what that means as well??? I think you have a good thing going, but it just may not be everybody's cup of tea? Who knows? I think you will get a lot of feedback on Twilighted, the readers seem to be pretty vocal. Good luck, sweetie! Headed over to FF to read your new chapter now!
Last edited by VirginiaMay on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

EP SPOILER

I just finished it at 2:30 am. I am in shock. I knew that chip was going to bite EDward in the be-hine. I hope Jacob is not dead I really like his character in the book. I hope that Emmett can undo what he did to the chip. I don't think Aro knows James is the rat. I think once he finds out about Bella and James being the rat. James is dead!!!! I also think that if Aro tries to do harm to the Cullen or Evanson family Bella is going to step in since she will know that she is a princess of the mafia. I don't know those are a few of the scenarios that are playing in my mind right now.

Why can't this be a book I can purchase! I finally found a book that I love as much as the Twilight Saga. Does anyone know anything about the author. She is amazing!
Banner by TammyAZ
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Could someone please tell the newbies, what does "EP" stand for? I know someone listed all the abbreviations in the prior thread, but since that one got gunked up with the ratings/FF debate (stay on topic people, we are discussing the stories here), could you do it again? You know, WA, CW&JKLMNOP... etc etc. Just trying to follow along, read and not spoil it for myself here! But I don't know the story names yet.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

VirginiaMay wrote:Could someone please tell the newbies, what does "EP" stand for? I know someone listed all the abbreviations in the prior thread, but since that one got gunked up with the ratings/FF debate (stay on topic people, we are discussing the stories here), could you do it again? You know, WA, CW&JKLMNOP... etc etc. Just trying to follow along, read and not spoil it for myself here! But I don't know the story names yet.
VirginiaMay,
EP stands for Emancipation Proclamation, an incredible fanfic by Khar. She removed it from the fanfiction.net site and it can now be found on her blog, here.

I'm not too great at story summaries and I don't know if you're familiar with the story itself, but it's an AH (all human), AU (alternate universe) story in which Bella is a sixteen year-old girl in modern day America who was born into slavery. When the story opens, Bella is sold to the family of Carlisle Cullen, who is a bigwig in the mafia. Carlisle and his three sons Edward, Jasper, and Emmett live in Forks, Washington, where Carlisle's "day job" is a practicing physician. Bella and Edward share a powerful connection from the moment they meet and this is their story.

There's lots of intrigue and suspense and several unexpected twists and turns along the way. Many of our beloved Twilight characters are featured, although some are characterized a little differently than you might expect. It's really an epic story that becomes sort of addictive like so many of the other great stories I've seen recommended on these threads.

I apologize for rambling about the story, especially if you were already familiar with it. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

VirginiaMay wrote:Could someone please tell the newbies, what does "EP" stand for? I know someone listed all the abbreviations in the prior thread, but since that one got gunked up with the ratings/FF debate (stay on topic people, we are discussing the stories here), could you do it again? You know, WA, CW&JKLMNOP... etc etc. Just trying to follow along, read and not spoil it for myself here! But I don't know the story names yet.
VirginiaMay a little confused as to the comment about stay on topic discussing the stories. Isn't that what we have been doing?
Banner by TammyAZ
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Anyone else just wishing for a CW&IA update to suddenly appear :( I'm going through withdraw. At least I have TNF to look forward to.