Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Percy Jackson & The Olympians

Post by willowtree »

I like the Egyptian peoples... The big titan bird is funny. And I like the laser-crocodiles... zD

The Norse peoples are good, too... Sometimes I do Atlantians, for Gaia, but not usually... And yeah, Greeks suck. :roll: :lol:

We so should have a video game thread!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Vikings for the win, woman! No one is cooler than them!
Althought the Egyptians have zombies (er, mummies)... Atlantians are kind of boring. Actually, I think all of them cept VIkings are boring, but I'm rather biased.

I wonder if they'll make a Percy Jackson video game...
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

Nah, I like Egyptians... Although I'd love to know more about Norse mythology... I looove mythology. Especially greek... :lol:

Oh, yeah, a Percy Jackson video game would be awesome! *sighs*
You could fight evil peoples and have powers (Mwa ha ha)...

(The movie comes out Friday, right? I'm kinda sad only me and some geeky boys are excited... It's waaay to good for only us!)

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Hey guys...new to the thread...I had read the first book last week before I went to see the movie...I Loved the book...but not so much the movie....However...since then I have read the 2,3,4 books and hopefully will find time to finish the fifth book some time tomorrow or later this week. I love the series though...and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy
ImageImageImageImage
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Sorry for the double post...but it doesn't seem too many people read this thread anymore so maybe people will come back
BUT, I just finished the 5th book of the series and must say I really enjoyed reading these books...The author is really imaginative...and finds a way to make a book that all ages can read...Sure, there are definitely parts in the book that are geared more toward kids, but the majority of the book is for all ages...and I'm glad I read everything

For the people who have finished the series, did you enjoy reading the books? Who was your favorite character? Did you like the ending of TLO? Are you looking forward to Rick Riordan's next Camp Half Blood series?
ImageImageImageImage
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

I have to say I really loved Percy Jackson, and the reason why some parts seem more oriented toward children, is he first made upn these stories for his son who has ADHD and is dyslexic.

My favourite character is... Hm... Grover or Selena, actually, and my absolute favourite would be Artemis, 'cause, well, she rocks.

I was happy with the ending for TLO, and am quite excited for the next series.

Was the movie good?

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

As far as movies go...it wasn't that bad of a movie....HOWEVER....as far as book adaptations go...it wasn't very good at all...they left so much out of the movie that will be required for sequels...which i'm sure there will be....therefore...i'm hoping that the next director does a better job of incorporating more themes, characters (How can you leave out the camp director and main villain...), etc
ImageImageImageImage
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*flails*
THERE'S GUNNA BE ANOTHER SERIES?!?
YAY!
How did I not know that? Hmm. Oh well. YAY!

No, no, don't spoil the movie for me! *shields eyes* I can't see it till Friday!!!
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Lol sorry...didn't mean to ruin the movie :(
However, it shouldn't ruin it really. They make the movie work despite the changes...but I was a huge fan of the books so it made me quite angry...let me know what you think :)

BTW, the new series is supposed to start with a book being published in the fall of this year ;)
ImageImageImageImage
willowtree

Post by willowtree »

THIS FALL??? *squees*

I wanna see Percy Jackson! :(

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)