St.Cullen~ Carlisle's Medical Center ~ Team Carlisle

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Re: St.Cullen~ Carlisle's Medical Center ~ Team Carlisle

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Umm....volunteer for what?? :?

Ok, new question??

If vampires didn't have to hide from the humans anymore, then what will be the first thing Carlisle does??

PC: 37

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Renesmee_Bella wrote: Hey looky, I'm in you siggy Karl! :mrgreen:

You like it? :lol: BTW me and Hanny are making a banner
for team Paris!

@Jenna Well I'm always on the lex so taking the promotions
department will be easy for me.

If vampires didn't have to hide from the humans anymore, then what will be the first thing Carlisle does??

I think he'd open a medical school and hospital for Vampires and people. Especially if there are vampires who
want to be like him and patients who want their doctors to be vampires. ;)

PC ~ 38
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
QuileuteLegend
Settled in Forks

Post by QuileuteLegend »

Thanks for the welcome, DudeRocksTheTwilight/Derek, Susie, and Renesmee_Bella

Well, the very first thing I would expect him to do would be to go to Charlie and Renee and explain all about vampires so they could understand what their daughter had become (or he would advise Bella to do the same.) It strikes me as very Carlisle-like to think of someone else's needs before he got into any schemes of his own. Then, I agree with n0vaice that he would probably found a school, or maybe his own hospital.

PC-TWO!! (or does my introduction not count?)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hmmmmm, intriguing. I honestly don't know. A part of me totally agrees with Legend in saying that he would reassure Charlie and Renee. However. Not being sure of the circumstances as to are all vampire veggie or what the hell is going on, it's really hard to say for sure. And, a part of me thinks that Carlisle woudl be amongst the first to realize that the full truth, regardless of the, shall we say, political climate, would not reassure them that their daughter made the right decision in her life once all the blanks are filled in.

My speculation is that he would open a hospital focusing on difficult diagnoses, using his and maybe even Edward's gifts to sniff out ( :lol: ) the more difficult conditions.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Ok, Karl, you can have the job if you want then.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I think he would get really involved in the community and would settle in one place rather than move around all the time. He could publish journal articles in the Lancet on what he's learned from hundreds of years of medical study. I also like the idea of telling Charlie and Renee the truth, as mentioned by some of you.
rollie715
Wandering Through Town

Post by rollie715 »

Vampires going public would create a huge worldly impact that is probably bigger then even Carlisle's skills of influence could completely control. The whole Volturi power play, and the issues of human blood diets versus vegetarianism would be caught off balance. But seeing how this is a Carlisle worshipping thread, I would say, initially he would be involved in negotiating understandings between the various parties, including promoting vegetarianism as the higher road. We have seen his skills at diplomacy and he is already respected by the Volturi, so I would see him playing a central role in that arena. Not only would he be a huge influence, but his perspectives on holding all life sacred would have an immedaite following by both the humans and the vampires who "don't want to be a monster". I think he would eventually contribute more directly to advances in the medical field, but I see his initial role as more of an influential world leader.

PC:2
What I enjoy the very most is when my… enhanced abilities let me save someone who would otherwise have been lost. It’s pleasant knowing that, thanks to what I can do, some people’s lives are better because I exist
- Carlisle Cullen
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

WOW Rollie! What a profound answer. I really like what you wrote. You're a deep thinker.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

thanks Jenna. I'll try pick-up where Sarah left off.

and I agree with Susie! Very well thought answer Rollie! *applause*

@QuileuteLegend I think post count only counts if your post's answers a question
or if you're gonna post a question.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
QuileuteLegend
Settled in Forks

Post by QuileuteLegend »

By rollie715:
Vampires going public would create a huge worldly impact that is probably bigger then even Carlisle's skills of influence could completely control. The whole Volturi power play, and the issues of human blood diets versus vegetarianism would be caught off balance.
I agree. It's hard to say exactly what Carlisle would do, because we don't know the conditions as to why the vampires need not hide anymore. If the reason were, say, the obliteration of the human species, then he would probably not found a hospital, or whatever.
But seeing how this is a Carlisle worshipping thread, I would say, initially he would be involved in negotiating understandings between the various parties, including promoting vegetarianism as the higher road. We have seen his skills at diplomacy and he is already respected by the Volturi, so I would see him playing a central role in that arena. Not only would he be a huge influence, but his perspectives on holding all life sacred would have an immedaite following by both the humans and the vampires who "don't want to be a monster". I think he would eventually contribute more directly to advances in the medical field, but I see his initial role as more of an influential world leader.
You took this a step farther than what I had initially thought: that Carlisle would essentially start preaching his vegetarian lifestyle more directly to other vampires. I wonder, though, how far he would be willing to go to promote his ideals, as there really are very few vampires willing to committ to his lifestyle. In the books, he never seemed to actively proselytize his ideas, even to vampires he came into direct contact with. Though, I suppose most humans would condone his lifestyle, and he would undoubtedly become an 'influential world leader' regardless.
I also wonder whether Carlisle would become involved first with those world affairs or try to settle things back home (telling Charlie/Renee, ect.) And, Jazz Girl also has a solid point that he may not tell Bella's parents anyway, as vampires are still mythical monsters.

PC-I guess now it's 2.