Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 3 ~ Motives

Post by misskiley »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
haha Definitely The Host!! I can't recommend a good sci-fi book because I've never been into sci-fi.

2. Did you catch on right away as to why Jacob was calling?
No.. I was pretty confused until Bella mentioned the whole 3 day thing.. so I got it about a minute before Bella, as usual lol

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
That was surprising. Emmett who will take a fight any chance he gets and Paul who is the worst tempered.. the two worst ones to be around each other. If the Cullens crossed the lines, they are at fault.. but I think they were probably more concerned with catching Victoria then crossing the line at that point.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Renee and Bella are a lot more at ease. Charlie acts like more of a parent and Renee is more of a friend/child. You have to take in accord that Renee had Bella for 16 years pretty much to herself.. of course they are going to be a lot closer than her and Charlie.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
A plane full of werewolves.. haha
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

1. What sci-fi book do you think Renee found so good? Possibly, The Host? Recommend a good Sci-Fi book?
No idea. I don't read much sci-fi.

No, I thought it was odd.

3. Were you surprised to learn of the altercation between Emmett and Paul? Who do you feel was at fault?
I wasn't surprised and I felt neither was at fault.

4. Compare Bella's relationship with Charlie in chapter 2 to her relationship with Renee in chapter 3.
Bella's taking care of Renee much more as she's taking care of Charlie.

5. Come up with a plane crash scenario for Edward to try and think his way out of.
Can't think of anything... Good question though!
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I didn't even remember that part. Why not The Host? That's a great book!

No, I believed what Bella believed. That he was checking if she was still human.

A little bit surprised. I suppose it was both their fault.

Bella is more open with Reneé, obviously. But she is like Charlie in a lot of ways, they both have the same temper.

I'm not good at that.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I don't read sci-fi... I guess it could have been The Host, but if it was, that would be some really weird paradox...

No.

It didn't surprise me, and I didn't think anyone was at fault.

Very different. Bella is much more comfortable with Renee than she is with Charlie.

Umm... The plane turns out to be a NASA shuttle and sends them to Mars? ^^;;; Dunno...
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No idea.

No. I thought there could have been a few different reasons. Maybe relating to whatever had happened while they were away.

No. I think it was just one of those things that happened. You could see why everyone would be on edge.

Bella tries to avoid talks with Charlie about relationships. She seems more ready to talk to her mum in other situations, but as she can't this time, she tried diversion, and succeeds.

A hostage drama. How does he save her without everyone seeing what he does?
MouseyZbyszko
Settled in Forks

Post by MouseyZbyszko »

Alphie wrote:Lots of thanks to Cocoa for these!!

I can't think of a way out but.....the note that Bella and Edward were passing back and forth was PRICELESS :mrgreen:

"What if the plane crashes? What if we're spiraling toward earth? The pilots are passed out drunk" LOL!

"Why would the plane crash"? This scene should DEFINITELY been left in the movie :lol: