Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Post by bac »

A place to discuss the book and all things related (even upcoming movie?). Enjoy!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Post by debussygirl »

I've read it.
I liked it, and I'm interested to see how Linger plays out...if I ever get to read it....
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
abigael_d
Settled in Forks

Post by abigael_d »

sooooooo excited for Linger! :D
Follow me on TWITTER!
Follow me on Tumblr!
♥ Team Switzerland ♥ Team Ian O'Shea ♥ Shiver ♥ Glee ♥ A.Idol ♥ Titanic ♥ Taylor² ♥ David Archuleta ♥ 11 ♥
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I know someone on a different forum and she says Linger is really sad (she got an ARC of it....lucky duck!)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

debussygirl wrote:I know someone on a different forum and she says Linger is really sad (she got an ARC of it....lucky duck!)
noooooooooo really?!?! :cry: i almost cried at certain parts of shiver , god i cannot wait to read linger! i really did love shiver almost as much as i love the saga but not quite :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I LOVED this book and I cannot wait until Linger is out!

Who was your favorite character? What did you enjoy most about the book? What did you like least?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Favourite character: well im going to say characters lol obviously Grace- i guess because she has certain elements of the same character as Bella Swan and Sam, then isabel jacks sister just becuase even though to begin with she is mildly annoying, in the end she becomes kind of funny and caring.

What did you enjoy most about the book?
i'm totally team Vampire all the way!! :lol: but i was intrigued by this book it explored a different kind of werewolf to those in Twilight, the change is based on the old story of being bitten by a werewolf changes you. i loved the way the story was told through the point of views of both of the main characters. The way that it changed from chapter to chapter between Sam and Grace, the story still flowed well and at the same time gave you an insight into what both characters are going through and thinking. i also loved the fact that sam made up songs... well lyrics to describe his feelings, sounds as though it'd be cringey and a bit cheesy but it really wasn't.
i hate that i keep comparing it to Twilight because they are two different authors and books however they are similar themes within the stories i.e. human girl falls for i guess mythical creature and the consequences of this, so its kind of difficult not to compare :)

What did you like least?
just some of the characters but id say thats the way that stiefvater meant it, i really disliked Jack he was obnoxious :lol:
aside from that i can't really think of anything havent really read it since last year need to read it again to refresh my memory :)
**TEAM EDWARD**
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I LOVED THIS BOOK ! I can't wait for Linger, and then Forever :D I love Sam so much :D He reminds me of Jacob :lol: I really hope they make a movie for it :D
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

LionandLamb123 wrote:I LOVED THIS BOOK ! I can't wait for Linger, and then Forever :D I love Sam so much :D He reminds me of Jacob :lol: I really hope they make a movie for it :D
fairly sure i heard rumours that someone had bought the rights to it, that was a while ago though
**TEAM EDWARD**
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

bored by the sea wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:I LOVED THIS BOOK ! I can't wait for Linger, and then Forever :D I love Sam so much :D He reminds me of Jacob :lol: I really hope they make a movie for it :D
fairly sure i heard rumours that someone had bought the rights to it, that was a while ago though
I really hope so :D I wonder who they would cast as Sam.. :D