Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked Twilight for what it was a movie. But after seeing NM & what a great job CW did with staying closer to the book & I actually feeling the stuff that Bella was going through (I hate to admit I almost cried when Jacob told her they couldn't be friends because I am Team Edward all the way) it's not as good as it could have been! In NM the emotion was there & they did a much better job developing Jacob & Bella's relationship than they did Edward & Bella's relationship in Twilight (I did ask my mom who hasn't read the books if she thought Edward & Bella's relationship went too fast & she actually didn't. But maybe it's because she's experienced something like that. But I don't know.) It's too bad that they couldn't have stayed closer to the book & made their relationship go slower & their falling in love not seem so quick.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
danii_damages
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: the edge of humanity, because i'm just that awesome.

Post by danii_damages »

I must say I was disappointed with the movie adaptation of Twilight, i think the book has a lot more potential to of been an amazing film!
The film was very slow and not much actually happened, and nothing looked like I imagined it from the book, well except maybe that amazing truck! :D
That's just my thoughts anyway, i hoped New Moon would be better, and I suppose it was, marginly. Mainly because of some sexy guys running around topless. Then there was Edward :? ew. Pale. No offence to anyone that likes him, but i think he could of been casted better. Everyone else is perfect for the roles, i think.
Apart from people being different.
Maybe they're just being made to quickly, i mean when one comes out there almost finished filming the next one, whats up with that?
Oh well, lets just hope Eclipse is better.

Danii♥
''Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?'' <3
Love has no limits.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

danii_damages wrote: Then there was Edward :? ew. Pale.
Well he's supposed to be pale remember? His skin is pale white.

I'm sure if they wanted to they could have put spray tan on him or whatever to make him tan, but they stayed close to the book on that.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

Hmm, surely whoever they cast for Edward had to be pale (and then I'm pretty sure they made him up to enhance that!).

As Stephanie Meyer mentioned in an interview, finding an actor who was beautiful and slender, but not babyish or pretty boy (or the oppositie, macho) was a tough call but Rob fulfils that criteria.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
danii_damages
Location: the edge of humanity, because i'm just that awesome.

Post by danii_damages »

Yeah but it was disgustingly unhealthly pale.
''Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?'' <3
Love has no limits.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

danii_damages wrote:Yeah but it was disgustingly unhealthly pale.
I agree. I think they overdid the paleness for Edward and Carlisle. Poor Peter got the worst of it. He literally looked undead. :lol: I wondered if he ticked off someone in the makeup dept and got payback.
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

I'm not sure how else they could've done it though. I mean, the vamps are supposed to be noticeably pale compared to Bella. :?

Heading to Forks soon...
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

My only complaint is that it LOOKED like MAKEUP, and I know Hollywood knows how to make it NOT look like makeup, so I'm a little vexed about that. It is really distracting to me, especially in the beginning scenes with Edward. They seem to tone it down once he really gets involved with Bella.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Susie wrote:My only complaint is that it LOOKED like MAKEUP, and I know Hollywood knows how to make it NOT look like makeup, so I'm a little vexed about that. It is really distracting to me, especially in the beginning scenes with Edward. They seem to tone it down once he really gets involved with Bella.
Yes, it was definitely noticeable with Peter especially. I've also heard people say that Elizabeth's Esme makeup stops halfway up her face. lol! I haven't watch the movie in awhile, but that seems to be the recurring complaint in addition to the bad editing and botched meadow scene. Don't even get me started on some of the bad acting & script. Don't get me wrong, the movie (to me anyway) wasn't a total fail. I thought the score and soundtrack were wonderful and and some of the performances were awesome. Sorry, but some ppl seem to think if you critique any aspect of the movie or acting, you're a troll or hater. There are plenty of actors/actresses I love, but I'm not above critiquing their performances if they don't deliver. I guess I'm more critical now if I have to pay $8+ per ticket, who knows how much for a sitter and then $ for refreshments.
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

I wasn't overly impressed either. And TBH, I think you can really tell the difference between Rob's Edward in Twilight and Rob's Edward in New Moon when he was more confident with the character. Whereas Kristen was a great Bella in both IMO. And while I think Nikki Reed is beautiful and her acting in Twilight was okay, she does NOT look great blonde, and Rosalie is supposed to be both natural blonde and like the incarnation of beauty. Could they not have found a more natural blonde???

I'm not impressed with either MR (screenwriter) or CH (director). The script sucked in places - why oh why do screenwriters always think they can do better scenes than the author???? :roll: And CH's priorities were skewed IMO, although I recognise that that was influenced by budget. Running out of time to do the meadow scene is dire.

Heading to Forks soon...