1. Jacob says he doesn’t want to be pack leader and that Sam was better at it; however, there were several instances of Jacob proving he’d be a great leader. What were these examples?
Jacob has always acted, for the most part as a leader to me. He just comes off that way. Although, I do think Sam makes an excellent leader and Jacob might be a little to ill-tempered to do it, Jacob definitely is a good decision maker.
2. Do you think Sam was worried about Jacob being the Alpha because Jacob would prevent them from attacking the Cullens, or because Sam wasn’t ready to give up his role as pack leader?
I knew Sam had offered the leader spot to Jacob, so I was somewhat surprised when he was wanting to challenge him for that spot so quickly, even if it was so Jacob could not tell them to attack the Cullens.
3. On both sides – the Cullens and the La Push pack – we see parallel characters. Who do you think parallels with whom and how?
Paul and Emmett.. for fighting and strength lol and.. the rest are somewhat alike but all very different.
4. Why is Seth the only wolf to follow Jacob? Why didn't his best friends join him?
The others were under order from Sam, who outranks all of them except Jacob, so they had to listen to him, but Seth was already doubting and not wanting to do this, so I think it was a lot easier for him to break free and follow Jacob.
5. What do you think went through the pack’s minds when Jacob left and then Seth disappeared from their minds as well?
I'm sure they were all shocked and somewhat afraid, they probably didn't think something like this was possible so when it did happen they were confused. And I think they maybe have been somewhat afraid.. just for the fact of, their best friend/brother was joining with the vampires and working against them,.. they basically lost a brother almost.