Chapter 6: Distractions

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 6: Distractions

Post by Dovrebanen »

1. What did you think of Bella’s offer to stay human longer if Edward would only make love to her? Did you think that he would give in?
It was a very clever idea, I'll give her that. Giving Edward what he wants the most. But I'm not sure it was fair to use something so important as her humanity to manipulate him like that. But I also think that Bella really wanted to stay human a little longer, realizing what she would be missing if she became a vampire straight away. Edward would give in for sure. He is totally unable to deny her anything..Anything Bella wants, Bella gets. And it's not like he didn't want it too, he just felt that he shouldn't.

2. Did you assume, like Bella, that he odd eating and sleeping habits were due to the amount of activity she and Edward was participating in, or did you have other suspicions?
I was sure it was because of the activites, with Edward trying to keep her occupied every minute of the day. The idea of her being pregnant was just not in my head at all. After all, you don't usually notice that after a couple of days... But looking back now, I know the signs were pretty obvious.

3. What did you think about Kaure’s fear for Bella’s safety and the argument she had with Edward? If you had been in Kaure’s position, would you have tried harder or been too afraid to confront Edward?
The legends Kaure had learned gave her reason to be afraid of Edward. And she was scared for Bella. She did not know that Bella was there because she wanted to be, and that they were in love. All Kaure saw was this girl on a lone island with this strange man that Kaure knew to fear. I think it was brave of her to talk to Edward about it. If it had been me, knowing what Kaure knew, I would have been too afraid to confront Edward.

4. Did it surprise you that Edward could eventually make love to Bella without hurting her, or was that something that you assumed he would eventually be able to do with enough control and resistance?
I was absolutely sure that he would gain selfcontrol and be able to make love to her without hurting her. Edward is good at everything, isn't he :) And like Bella said; practice makes perfect. I think once he knew what to expect he was able to control and channel his energy onto other things than Bella (like headboards....). And he has been through several stages in their relationship before. From wanting to kill her to be able to kiss her. So he clearly has excellent selfcontrol, and that's why I was sure that this would work out for them.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Forever*Dazzled
Settled in Forks

Post by Forever*Dazzled »

1. What did you think of Bella’s offer to stay human longer if Edward would only make love to her? Did you think that he would give in?

I thought he would consider it and then decide that it wasn't a good idea unless she married him first.

2. Did you assume, like Bella, that he odd eating and sleeping habits were due to the amount of activity she and Edward was participating in, or did you have other suspicions? I just assumed it was from all the swimming and stuff. I didn't want her to have a baby so i didn't realy consider it.

3. What did you think about Kaure’s fear for Bella’s safety and the argument she had with Edward? If you had been in Kaure’s position, would you have tried harder or been too afraid to confront Edward?

I think she was rather crazy. It's pretty clear that he wasn't going to hurt Bella. If i had been in her position I would have tried to talk to Bella in some way to see what was really going on.

4. Did it surprise you that Edward could eventually make love to Bella without hurting her, or was that something that you assumed he would eventually be able to do with enough control and resistance?

I assumed that he would eventually have the control to make love to her.
Oh My Cullen!(c)
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Can't really blame her for trying! She's found something that is important enough to her to stay human, so she's trying everything she can think of to get to experience it again. If there was anything that could tempt Edward at this moment, Bella staying human is it. I thought he would give in eventually.

2. Did you assume, like Bella, that the odd eating and sleeping habits were due to the amount of activity she and Edward was participating in, or did you have other suspicions?

After Bella's dream the night before the wedding, I had other suspicions but they were very faint. I mostly thought it was due to all the activity & the unfamiliar surroundings.

I probably would have been too afraid to confront him, especially based on the superstitions she was raised with. I loved that even through this happy time in the book we had to have a bit of outside conflict!

It did not surprise me. Like everything physical between Edward & Bella, it just took some practice for him to be able to fully control himself enough to satisfy himself (if that makes sense) -- he was always controlled enough for Bella's taste.

Image Image Image
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What did you think of Bella’s offer to stay human longer if Edward would only make love to her? Did you think that he would give in? I don't remember her saying she would stay human if he had sex with her again. I thought she said she likes the feeling to much to give it up so soon. I didn't think she meant it as a bribe just that she thought he'd give in eventually and she wanted to experience it as a human for a while longer. I expected Edwards response. He WANTS her to be a vamp now so he can do it without hurting her.

2. Did you assume, like Bella, that the odd eating and sleeping habits were due to the amount of activity she and Edward was participating in, or did you have other suspicions? No I thought she was prego's. But I was still shocked that it was going in that direction.

3. What did you think about Kaure’s fear for Bella’s safety and the argument she had with Edward? If you had been in Kaure’s position, would you have tried harder or been too afraid to confront Edward? I had no idea what they were talking about. I don't have any idea what I would do in that situation probably ask if he had a single brother.

4. Did it surprise you that Edward could eventually make love to Bella without hurting her, or was that something that you assumed he would eventually be able to do with enough control and resistance? I thought right away that Bell was right. Now that he knows what to expect it will be able to control...kinda like a human man...
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I thought it was pretty crafty on her part. He knows she only wants to be a vampire because of him, so if she can have him without having to turn into a vampire Edward gets what he wants too. At the same time that was kind of hitting below the belt lol, she knew exactly how to push his buttons to get what she wanted lol. I knew he would be tempted by the idea because he wants her as much as she wants him. However, I did think he would give in eventually; probably not for a VERY long time but eventually.

2. Did you assume, like Bella, that her odd eating and sleeping habits were due to the amount of activity she and Edward were participating in, or did you have other suspicions?
I figured some of it was because of the activity. I had some suspicions as to what was really going on though.

I thought she was justified in her fear for Bella; Edward was exactly what she suspected and she didn't know he was a "vegetarian" or that he loved Bella. It was brave of her to say anything to Edward about it because for all she knew he could have killed her for saying anything. If I was Kaure I don't think I would have done anything else. I would have been afraid if I came across a vampire, even if he was insanely gorgeous lol.

No, I wasn't surprised. I mean it's like Bella said, "Practice makes perfect" lol. He has been able to get nearly that close before and managed not to kill her so of course he would be able to control himself, besides he loves her he would learn to control himself!
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i was like "silly bella!! :roll: he's not that stupid!!" of course he wont give it!! :lol:

2. Did you assume, like Bella, that he odd eating and sleeping habits were due to the amount of activity she and Edward was participating in, or did you have other suspicions?
i thought there was something behind it. never in my wildest dreams had i considered pregnancy!! but i definetly thought there was something going on.

i always liked her character. i thought it caring and thoughtful of her to check on bella....even though she knew the risk with edward.

ya!! i was like "way to go edward!" :lol: i think it was a mix of control and wanting not to hurt bella.
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I was shocked at Bella's offer! I was sure he would, after all he wants her to remain human as long as possible. I really thought Bella was gonna become a vampire in this book, and then when I got to this part, I was like "huh,maybe not!" LOL.

I thought it was a bit strange that she was eating so much, but I guess it could have been down to how much activities she and Edward were doing. I thought her sleeping patterns are always a bit weird, the dreams etc, so I didn't think anything of this. Tho I had no idea she was pregnant! Totally took me by surprise!

I thought it was very sweet of Kaure to try and make sure Bella was ok. Especially since she knows what Edward is, I thought she was very brave. When Bella says that she wishes she knew how to say thanks to her for angering a vampire just to check on her, I really felt for the woman. I wished Bella could have said thanks too!

I figured he would be able to. I think Edward can do anything if he puts his mind to it! Like she said "practise makes perfect", and I think he knew what to expect the second time so he was more prepared for it etc.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Yes, I did think he would give in. I thought it was perfect. They both had found ways to make the other one do things. Edward with his getting married first and I'll change you and Bella's, I'll stay human if you sex me up lol

Yes, being in a different surrounding and doing all of those things can be quite exhausting and change your eating/sleeping habits,.. I didn't think anything of it.

I would have been too afraid of Edward to confront him.. he's a vampire! haha Most people would be afraid of confronting one.

I assumed he would be able to do it, ecspecially if the first time he only left her with bruises and not even the worst pains ever!
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I thought it was strange. Yeah she wanted sex but we all know about Bellas fear of getting older and thats all she'd be doing is getting older. I knew Edward would give in he always gives in to Bella one way or another

I had other suspicions, I mean Breaking Dawn is a long book and knowing Stephenie Meyer she had to add some kind of twist to make it that long.

I would of been about the same. Yes the story of what Edward is is scary but it might not be true :lol:

Nope no surprise...to take what Bella said in Twilight "Edwards can do everything right." so just like anything all it took was practice.
**Kathryn**
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

What Bella knows is after she was change all that she would be thinking is the bloodlust. So I think after their first night she finally realize that she wanted more time with Edward. She's mature for her age but after their first time she grew more mature and wiser she finally realize that 18 is not really that old comparing to the experiences she would go through as a human with Edward. Maybe not during that time because Edward being Edward would see through the deal Bella is trying to get Edward into but I know for sure that he would give in at some point. He never has the power to say no to Bella.

No! I seriously did not see this one coming. Throughout the saga it is continuously mentioned that vampires could not have children (it didn't specify that only women vampires could not have children) so it came as a shock when Bella picks up the box of tampons.

I think I'd be too afraid to confront Edward. I would have the same reaction as any humans would in the saga.

I knew somehow it is going to work. He already has so much control and resistance when it comes to Bella. The first time is only inevitable, lets not forget that its also Edward's first time so at some point he must not know what he was doing. I like to think of it that way...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~