Broadway Shows

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ferita
Settled in Forks

Re: Broadway Shows

Post by ferita »

I love musicals and I’ve seen a few on Broadway
hairspray
Mama Mia
The music man (it was the only one could see when I was like 7)
Off Broadway in NY
alter boyz (has anyone seen this musical its soooooo funny)
In texas (where I live)
rent and others that I can't think of rent was the most recently.

Everyone in my family loooves musicals and plays (for mother’s day we got my mom tickets to jersey boys) and my dad loves them to which I find funny

but I was wondering if anyone had seen the play the 39 steps it looks really funny to me and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they thought of it.

ps. we just did a production of thoroughly modern Millie at my school it was soooooo fun. I loved it. (lighted the show as a freshman!)
pps. Sorry this was so obnoxiously long. :oops:
Is it weird that it still surpries me every time I open one of my stephenie meyer books to find it signed even thought I was there when it happened?
Gabbie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gabbie »

Ahhhh, I'd LOVE to go to Broadway one day. <3 To see an actual show THERE. (:

I saw Phantom of the Opera the other week and oh my god it was just amazing. I was so engrossed.
I really wish I got to see Rent. It's one of my all time favourite movies, and the music from it is amazing. I'd also love to see Hairspray on Broadway. :mrgreen:
Thanks Lizzy! <3 (AGF)
Alanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Alanna »

I'm so in love with Broadway, and just musical theatre in general!

I haven't seen anything in NYC, but lots of shows tour Seattle. RENT, Hairspray, Annie, Little Women, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, The Wedding Singer (this was so good, I don't know why it didn't make it long on Broadway), Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Sweet Charity, Spelling Bee, The Light in the Piazza, Wicked, and Jersey Boys. I also saw Jersey Boys a second time down in LA, and Wicked a second time when it stopped by Olympia for one night.

Shows I've been in throughout school are Hello, Dolly!, Once On This Island, and three Night of Musical Theatre's, which are review shows of broadway music. I also did an operetta last year called Patience [or Bunthorne's Bride].

Right now I'm in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. My best friend and I were both singing soprano in the wives/sisters/whatever chorus, but there ended up not being enough men to fill the brothers rolls, so we're now crossing over to play soprano brothers (lol).... But it all works since the show was written for a boys choir?

Pretty soon I'll be auditioning for Guys & Dolls, and in choir I believe we're doing music from Hair this quarter.

Some of my favourite musicals are: The Wedding Singer, Songs For A New World, Legally Blonde, Jekyll & Hyde, Hairspray, Wicked, Jersey Boys, Aida, RENT, The Last 5 Years, & Little Women
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

:( RENT closes in three days.

On a happier note, I get to see Avenue Q in 22 days with a friend! It's the original Broadway cast!!
formally, Ostentatious6277
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

Well, I've only seen Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera live, but it wasn't on Broadway.

My drama club is going to see Wicked in January (UUUBER EXCITED!!!)

But I've seen RENT, Chicago, Sweeney Todd, Phantom, Hairspray, Jekyll & Hyde, My Fair Lady, and there might be more that I just can't remember.

Oh, The Newsies. I don't know if that's considered a musical or not, though...
Image <--click this
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

Okay...I don't know if this is completely true but my friend told me that Rent is going to be on tour...

and Anthothy Rapp will be with them!!!!

I don't know if she is making that up...but If so I HAVE to get tickets.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I love all things Broadway, but RENT REIGNS SUPREME.

I saw the touring cast last November and it was AMAZING. *sigh*

They are releasing a live, recorded version of the broadway cast in a few weeks, and I'm pretty excited about it:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... hotticket/
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
thisheartitbeats1
Settled in Forks

Post by thisheartitbeats1 »

i've seen wicked and beauty and the beast.

there's a loooong list of shows that i still want to see tho.

-spring awakening.
-jersey boys.
-altar boys.
-legally blonde.
-phantom.
-hairspray.
and a whole lot more!
While you were sleeping I figured out everything.
I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.

banner by ceo07
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

I love Avenue Q. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. My best friend and I sing It Sucks To Be Me a bit.

I also like Wicked, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and RENT (all-time-favorite).
Crooked_Rose wrote:Okay...I don't know if this is completely true but my friend told me that Rent is going to be on tour...

and Anthothy Rapp will be with them!!!!

I don't know if she is making that up...but If so I HAVE to get tickets.
She's not lying. Adam Pascal will be there too.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

I just LOVE musicals...most of the ones I've seen were at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa, but I've also seen one in Toronto at the Royal Alexandria Theatre, and one on Broadway:

Grease (twice, NAC)
Ragtime (NAC)
Phantom of the Opera (twice, NAC)
Wicket (NAC)
Mamma Mia (RA)
The Color Purple (Broadway...this was such an amazing experience!)

I really really REALLY want to see Chicago, Rent, and Les Miserables...here's keeping my fingers crossed they either tour my way or I find a large bundle of cash to take me to Broadway.