Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
daydream222
Settled in Forks

Hi, I'm Jess!

Post by daydream222 »

How did you pick your screen name?

Daydream222 was one of my first screen names and even though I'm not a huge fan of it anymore it's easier to remember. :)

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

One summer I was living alone and gobbling up as many books as I could. I received a recommendation for Twilight on Amazon.com after ordering some books and decided to go for it. I read all of them very quickly and I am now actually studying the Twilight Saga and the phenomenon for my masters thesis!

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'll say Bella because I am a feminist and tend to side with other females :), but a lot of her agency seems to be taken away from her (until Breaking Dawn). Breaking Dawn is my favorite of the saga.

Who is your favorite minor character?

I'd like to know more about Leah Clearwater. It's really interesting that she is the only female werewolf and portrayed as such a mean person.

What are your hobbies?

I am obsessed with nail polish. I collect them (all brands, all colors) and I own a lot - over 1000 bottles. :)

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

I grew up in Indiana and now live in NJ.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

mid-20's :)

I'm really curious about Twilight fans and gender - is it mostly women on Twilight Lexicon? I saw a mention of "Twiguys" but I haven't heard that term before.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Hi, I'm Jess!

Post by Jestak »

Hi Jess--welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie.

I like your point about Bella--she's my favorite central character, too, but there are times in the first two books (only ones I've read yet) where she seems extremely passive. I did like how she became more proactive at the end of New Moon, though.

And best of luck with the Master's thesis. Having done the grad school thing once, I like to be supportive of all such endeavors. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Welcome, Jess. That's great that you get to do your master thesis on the Twilight Saga. And I'm one of those Twiguys. :D

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Hello! Welcome to the Lex! I hope you have a great time around this place.
And I see you are a fan of Leah... sigh... I'm a major fan of her brother. :D
And I am the co-boss of our Team Seth page, but there is a Team Leah thread
around here on the In The Twilight Zone boards.
See you around!
~Nicholle
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi Jess! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D

Cool collection by the way! :P
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Hi Jess,
Welcome to the Lex.
I'm Pixie

I like how you're studying it... I studied it for coursework... as it was contemporary and by an american author it was good to compare with Wuthering Heights and other older English Literature.

I have to agree with the Bella thing, although I do like Edward aswell, and I prefer her in Breaking Dawn, and also Breaking Dawn is my favourite out of them all.

I never really thought of Leah like that, I always wanted to know more about her, her being the 1st female wolf and all, but it never struck me how important that could be.

It shocked me how many guys there are on here at first, Iwasn't expecting any... but I actually know quite a few guys that like Twilight... they just aren't open enough about liking it to join up on here...
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, Jess, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM